• This topic has 311 replies, 221 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 312 total)
  • Your Car – while we’re in a judging mood!! 🤣🤣
  • CountZero

My old Octavia is now in Poland, replaced by this:

I love it, I like the way it looks, it’s very well equipped, it’s very comfortable and the driving position suits me perfectly, and the 1.0 EcoBoost motor seems to be getting better and better – it had 3300 miles on it when I got it last August, and it was 14 months old, it’s now got just shy of 8000 miles, and it does move along pretty quickly.
    A remap is something for the future, take it from 125 bhp to nearly 150, with a boost to the torque, to improve overtaking when necessary.

halifaxpete

Slightly shonky 2007 VW Caddy, usual lowered/facelifted/big wheels/remapped ect treatment. I’ve painted mine like an old Land Rover though. And a dull but worthy 2010 Volvo C30.

PJM1974
    Free Member

No, that’s not how this thread works.

V70 D5 Manual

probably the shittest car on here

An inline five. Stick a fork in me, I’m done.

jamesoz

This thread has changed my whole view of stw, from reading lots it seemed it was full of poor eco friendly cyclists that didn’t like change or waste, reality is it’s full of middle class consumers pretending to be the former, awesome 🤣🤣

If it helps, my car is 36 years old and probably has quite low power (300ish bhp) compared to modern cars.

I still think ebikes are terrible for the environment 😉

mrjmt
    Free Member

Mazda CX-9. 3.7l V6.

Judge away 🤣

batfink
    Free Member

My old Octavia is now in Poland

I was staying with friends in Munich when a “visit Poland” advert came on the tv, they all laughed and said “yes: come to Poland…. your car is already here”

tenburner

Put 20k on this thing since buying it for a little over a grand 18 months ago.

Seen here in Gibraltar with Morocco in the background.

Poopscoop

couchy
    Free Member
    This thread has changed my whole view of stw, from reading lots it seemed it was full of poor eco friendly cyclists that didn’t like change or waste, reality is it’s full of middle class consumers pretending to be the former, awesome

You must have missed my car.lol For even more kudos it’s now a Cat N write off courtesy of a neighbour that can’t leave a car in gear on a hill… Or put the hand brake on.

There are also a fair few on here that don’t have a car for whatever reason.

However, yes, if the Ling Wars™ thread taught me one thing (amongst many) there are a lot of petrol heads on here.😉

olly2097
    Free Member

Posting photos here is witchcraft.

Stage 1, 5 pot. Chav life. Too many doors

Also a Mondeo for family duties.

jonnyrobertson
    Drac

My eyes! I’m not supposed to get gopping in them.

submarined
    Free Member

Cubes are mega. Shush now.

Obligatory 2008 v70 D5 auto as bike/general thing. Bloody love it. Far more than previous 95 aero.

Also constantly trying to find a bike rack for this, but 12 years later, still nothing.

View post on imgur.com

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ooh, classy

halifaxpete

Mint. Love FD’s, they look much nicer with only subtle mods.

jonnyrobertson

Here we go Drac, another couple, just for you 😘

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DZ7vQ455AGQc5WcP7

Oh, and Kayla1 won this thread way back on page 3 or whatever.

jonnyrobertson

Oops, double post

submarined
    Free Member

Thanks 👍 externally pretty standard, but mucked about a fair bit underneath. I fell in love with them in my early teens and it was always a bit of a dream. I adore the shape, and never wanted to mess about with the exterior (it’s got a small diffuser and sideskirts, but that’s it)
    And yes, I’ve rebuilt it twice, but one was for tuning reasons 😀

Markie
    Free Member

2018 Ford Galaxy. It’s ace!

ElShalimo

Put 20k on this thing since buying it for a little over a grand 18 months ago.

Yep, people do spend a lot of money keeping their old crap VW vans on the road.

😜

the-muffin-man

This, unfortunately both the horse and the car are currently broken and i regret chopping in my 2014 passat tbh cause it was cheap, relatively economical and didn’t ever break!

LOL!

In the past two years we’ve never had all three working at the same time!

Horse OK – Car OK – Trailer Broken
    Trailer OK – Car Broken – Horse Broken
    Horse Broken – Car OK – Trailer OK

Horse would be off to the glue factory if it was down to me – sodding thing has cost more than all our cars combined in the last two years! And another trip to the vets on Tues for Back scan, Back Xray and endoscopy to check it’s bloody stomach ulcers have cleared up! 😱😱

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No car or van since 2004. I feel better for it.

jeffl

Standard issue 14 plate Octavia diesel for us. Expect we’ll keep it until it dies. Although the oldest is learning to drive so may get him insured on it, at which point im sure he’ll bin it.

trickydisco
    Free Member

My 20year old t4

it\s red inside as it used to look like this

giant_scum
    Free Member

Toyota Hi-lux (68) queen cab works vehicle that I have private use on, excellent for towing the caravan.

Volvo D5 manual (55) 190,000 miles on it currently, love it!

VW Polo (06) 3 cylinder 1.2 powered go anywhere vehicle. Kind of surplus to requirements currently but while hold onto it for our youngest learning to drive.

Latest addition Smart forfour (17) ideal as a little run about and the ridiculous turning circle.

servo
    Free Member

My Focus ST3 petrol estate. Just had it’s 4th birthday last week. 22k miles as I ride to work 3 days a week but enjoy it when I can.

andrewh
    Free Member

This thread has changed my whole view of stw, from reading lots it seemed it was full of poor eco friendly cyclists that didn’t like change or waste, reality is it’s full of middle class consumers pretending to be the former, awesome 🤣🤣

You sound surprised… I stay well clear of most of the political threads in here, it reads like The Guardian🤣
    I’m just surprised by how few people have vans. Unless they’re interpreting the thread title very narrowly

tommyhine

Sounds exactly the same as our horse. looks like an ACL thing now so 12 months rest and only a slight chance it’ll come good afterwards!

whyterider93
    Free Member

Hyundai i30 N Performance – awaiting all the brand snobs to have a go at the “Korean junk”

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I’ve got a doblo maxi crew cab for everyday and bike duties.
    Lack of going out, no holidays left, working all through this past year left me with a bit of extra cash and an itch.
    I’m forty and never had a non sensible car so Bought myself an mx5 for a bit of fun

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My first propper forray into Bangernomics. The last car I just kept long after it was worth anything until it got written off. This one was just cheap even with covid tax applied.

Shame as Colin the C-maxeratri was in much better condition than Benoit the Berlingo (I’ve already decided 2 years ahead of time it’s not worth doing the cambelt and I’m reluctant to say the clutch is quite right).

Mr Toad the Midget (named by my GF). Actually gets driven quite a few miles as I like to try and justify it in 45p’s for work.

bensongd
    Free Member

The Cube is awesome, have wanted one for a long time. Think I’m too much of a pauper for this thread.

shinton
    Free Member

3 Series GT

Pros
    More luggage space than a Touring with the seats down.
    More legroom in the back than a 5 series
    High ride height

Cons
    Looks

cb200
    Free Member

Sadly predictable Octavia Scout

jp-t853

PiknMix and Kayla1 win this thread by a mile.

I really miss the Panda we had until two years ago, every journey is fun.
    Currently very boring Qashqai and Fabia in our house being replaced by Octavia hybrid and Peugeot Traveller which will double as a van and camper.

uwe-r
    Free Member

DrP

This is what sits on my driveway 99.9% of it’s life

gf

Are we living parallel lives. I have one of those on my drive, same everything. Is yours also dinged up and scraped by the wife?

stumpy01

servo

My Focus ST3 petrol estate.

@servo
    – I was looking at the diesel version of these as an alternative to to Leon I ended up with.
    It proved too hard to find one relatively local to look at – they are pretty rare in diesel & estate body.

I love the looks & the interior, but like I say it was very hard to find an estate to look at (managed to have a poke about in a hatchback at my local dealer).

Kato

I used to be really into cars

Then I had kids and got a van shaped Mondeo…..

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

I’ve got a Subaru Levorg identical to this one. After years of Alfa Romeo hatchbacks (147/147 GTA/MiTo) we needed a family car. This was available when looking and ticks most of the boxes. It’s not exciting but comfortable, speedy enough and a good size without intimidating the Mrs. 😉

Subaru Levorg

jam-bo

subaru…

no photos of the T5 moneypit….

RDL-82
    Free Member

No pictures but. Recently got rid on my full on ASBO Electric Orange Ford Focus ST.

Drank petrol far too quickly and ultimately by today’s standards not that quick. In 6yrs of ownership though it never put a foot wrong.
    Criticism has to be lack of cruise control (tart?!) but it could become tiring on long trips.

The sound of the I5 engine though. Lovely.

Have gone completely the opposite direction now. Lost a 1000cc of displacement and 2 cylinders and got 6 month old (at the time) ex BMW head office 1 series that looks like it was basically an end of line exercise in ticking every option box.

I may miss the noise and grunt of the ST but the BMW is a vastly nicer place to sit in every other way.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘Your Car – while we’re in a judging mood!! 🤣🤣’ is closed to new replies.