• This topic has 311 replies, 221 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 312 total)
  • Your Car – while we’re in a judging mood!! 🤣🤣
  • ta11pau1

Big Skoda estate? Check.

Loads of toys, lane assist, radar cruise, expensive stereo, 55mpg on the motorway – bought to do hours on the motorway going to places all over the UK, which it did last year with ease.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Ford Ranger. Had it since 2013 85k so far. Really like it. Don’t want a van for day to day, could drive the Vito from work but Ranger is much nicer. Wife has 2011 Insignia est. Dull as ditchwater. Keeping Ranger until I can buy a Rivian in UK

fruitbat

The other car what I drive more often than my 159 – Seat Leon ST FR Sport  1.5, 150

spooky_b329

Missus has an FN2 Civic, a proper 5 door with the cyclist friendly rear seats, and it’s Red which makes it the best. It’s just clicked over 200,000 but from the state of the posh 17″ wheels and the peeling lacquer, you’d think it had done 500,000.

Mine is a Iveco camper/bike van/horse box tug that likes to eat roll bar bushes

couchy
    Free Member

This thread has changed my whole view of stw, from reading lots it seemed it was full of poor eco friendly cyclists that didn’t like change or waste, reality is it’s full of middle class consumers pretending to be the former, awesome 🤣🤣

awkwardkid
    Free Member

Nothing Eco friendly here
    56228713-1-E04-402-B-AE7-E-212011-F3-F3-CA

a11y

I’ll be honest, I didn’t think there was much love on STW for anyone who dared to have an interest in cars. That’s another STW myth busted.

andy4d

Just picked up a SEAT Ateca with lots of toys yesterday, we also have a Fiat panda with no toys and apparently not even rust protection 😂

richmtb

I’ll be honest, I didn’t think there was much love on STW for anyone who dared to have an interest in cars. That’s another STW myth busted.

You must be new here 😉

There is always one car thread on the first page, normally more.

This place is basically Remainer Pistonheads most of the time.

a11y

Oh I’d seen (and contributed to) the odd car thread but generally not what I expect from STW. Actually, I’m talking pish – you can expect anything and everything on STW.

Still, I’m somewhat relieved I’m not the only one here with a stupid, anti-social car 🙂

tall_martin

To add to the German estate contingent, 335d touring

Not my actual car, but close enough

BadlyWiredDog

1990 Mk2 Golf. ‘Entry-level classic’ that can still do the daily duties, cruise on the motorway and haul kids and bikes.
    All that as well as being one of the greats when it comes to everyday car design IMHO. The late 80’s were a great era for well engineered German cars.

Snap! A red 8v with a tweaked TSR motor and half decent suspension. Still really good fun to drive and practical with it. Oh, and a Corrado VR6 Storm, one of the blue ones, for sunny days and nice noises.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yep, I’m aiming to be saving the planet in a 3t electric pickup with a vegan leather (sounds unkind) and wood interior and a sub 4 second 0-60.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Range Rover Sport (the mrs) Renault trafic LWB Hitop (me)

bigdean

Golf GTE, good for going to the shops I EV mode and burning dinosaurs in GTE mode.
    Also bought a transit connect for bike duties but has stood still to the point the battery went flat, roll on the days when I can escape to the peak.

I miss my alfa 159 brilliantly comfortable, a just a all round nice car. Went through suspension arms quicker than tyres though.

mrsheen
    Free Member

BMW 1 Series Sport

I’m trying hard to be the polite, courteous driver that others don’t expect. I’ve found my magnetic rear bumper only seems to attract the magnificently skilled Audi drivers. 😎

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Sensible

Non-sensible

Jamze

Been a bit of a rethink and a cull during the lockdown 🙁 Wife’s Maxda MX-5 RF and my old Range Rover now both gone. Kept the Subaru Forester as it covers our dog/bike/moving stuff about needs pretty well.

TheGingerOne

2006 BMW E91 330i M Sport Touring

1996 TVR Chimaera 4.0

I only average 3.5 litres per car 😂 Luckily combined they only do about 6k miles in a non Covid year, current looking at about 4k this year.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Lots of cool cars, Alfa’s, Minis, TVRs, Porsches, Landies, some practicals as well, I’ve enjoyed this thread. Thank you!

snownrock

2015 Ford Tourneo Custom SWB as family bus for kids, dog, bikes and towing caravan.

2010 Vauxhall Meriva as wife’s commuter and runabout.

I used to love having nice cars, then we had a family. Wife couldn’t care less about cars.

rsl1
    Free Member

Goes full send:

Goes full send

Also practical:

also practical

Edit: as per the above, I am most definitely a hypocrite and feel very conflicted in enjoying my car so just try to use it as little as possible and make sure I enjoy it when I do!

Gachet
    Free Member

1994 E36 M3

2006 Octavia vrs

rsl1
    Free Member

@ads678 – nope it’s at <checks Google Maps timeline> Camping Le Bois Guillaume which is about 45 minutes outside Auxerre. It was our first Europe trip and we just drove without a plan for hours until we were well past Paris then booked it on Pitchup.

And there I was pegging it as the campsite I use in Font. Apparently all french campsites are identical!

tonyg2003

Definitely not a SUVarrrh posting images!

Got there in the end. It’s no SUV and crap for carrying bikes…. or anything else

speedyopie01
    Free Member

Audi RS6 AvantFullfleet
    I don’t post much, but enjoy reading and I do like cars.
    We like big German vehicles, or so it seems… self converted VW Crafter, a 1.6tdi Passat and an RS6..

speedyopie01
    Free Member

And I don’t know how to post pics either…

anagallis_arvensis

I have a 2005 skodia fabia estate 1.9 TDI…not sure I haveca pic of it. The front electric windows don’t work but the air con does and the heated seats. Don’t remember the last time I drove it…I’d sell it if it was worth anything.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Low mileage 04 Mk.3 MR2 with TTE exhaust and a Torsen LSD (on its winter wheels it was driftasttic in the recent snow)

And a 5dr 1.8 Mk 8 Civic in Nighthawk Black (really its blue) with stainless exhaust, resonator delete and big wheels as the family car

singletrackmind

swedish steel

V70 D5 Manual

probably the shittest car on here. 238,000 miles . cost £800 18mths and 50,000 miles ago

null

speedyopie01
    Free Member

If this doesn’t work I give up

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kH1NPY]389BB2B7-0A28-441E-97F8-557F54B878DF[/url] by Chris Opie, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kH5YWH]20AE0394-E2E5-4930-B889-93F0D734F920[/url] by Chris Opie, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kH5Z4r]376D6AE5-C8FC-4438-B434-0308921969F2[/url] by Chris Opie, on Flickr

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with a Lolvo, and I always liked those Audis too.

w00dster

Now that post image is working I’ll try and upload from there…
    A couple of the T6, including the daughter on the inside after a very wet ride….
    As you’ll see I’m not one for cleaning my cars (or bikes for that matter)

tenfoot

" alt="320i" />

Bought this for Mrs T almost 7 years ago when it was 6 months old. I don’t like white cars, but there you are. I took it over when I went on to a car allowance and it’s been faultless.

It’s going in the next couple of days as I’m going back onto the company car scheme and getting an A250e. Will be sorry to see it go, but soon it will be too old for me to qualify for the allowance.

timbog160

Daily driver on left, occasional weekend tripper on right. Not sure either of them are particularly eco friendly, but to be fair my mileage is low!!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Seat/Cupra Leon ST 300 4DRIVE and a BMW E91 325i.

Both reasonably rapid, both reasonable bike/surf wagons. Both get over 25mpg generally so reasonably eco too 😇

tommyhine

volvoThis, unfortunately both the horse and the car are currently broken and i regret chopping in my 2014 passat tbh cause it was cheap, relatively economical and didn’t ever break!

I do think both these methods of transport look nice though

volvo

loverofminkys

A fun little french thing and a boringly reliable and economical Japanese thing for us

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Speedyopie01 you have the same Passat as me – body wise and wheels anyway.

mboy
    Free Member

The 3L Turbocharged follicle botherer…

Has done less than 1000 miles in the last 6 months. I do have a work van too though, but that hasn’t had much use either!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘Your Car – while we’re in a judging mood!! 🤣🤣’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM