Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Youngsters and their expressions/expletives of appreciation
  • Scapegoat

Apparently my new Nike flatty shoes are “bare peng”.

My other teen thinks they are sik, and I was a bit suprised to find they both liked them.

Scapegoat

thegreatape – Member

This can be upgraded to ‘totes ments!’ using the same methodology as and when required. Which seems to be very often.

I can cope with just about any of the tripe that leaves my children’s mouths, but the moment anybody in this house utters ‘totes’ I’ll strangle them.

[/STW Grrrrr]

Cool story bro, needs more dragons and sh*t. (apparently)

pingu66
    Free Member

At least you get some semblance of language from your children. My partners 17 year old lad just grunts and mumbles!!!!!!!!

billyboulders
    Free Member

Ha – my 12yr old daughter uses all these expressions. I love to wind her up with fake “un-coolness” especially in the car in the mornings when she is listening to the radio with her friend and a “record” (as I make a point of calling it) they like comes on. Some of my favourite deliberate mistakes are artists names,

Tony Temper
    Timmy Strider
    Colin Maynard
    Dizzy Russell
    Barry Stiles

Always makes me “LOL out loud” (they love that one!). 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ah ha we have a response – “What the hell are you on?”

Result!

mega
    Free Member

s-weet

TuckerUK
    Free Member

“Would you and your friends like a drink’.

is evidently some sort of horrendous faux pas that causes near fatal embarassment.

No I think that’s pretty understandable when you lean out of your truck window at the playground. 😉

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Apparently my new Nike flatty shoes are “bare peng”.

Brilliant. I can’t keep up with what the kids are saying these days, so I don’t even try.

had an argument with a mate a while back over whether ‘butters’ is good or rubbish. i think it’s the latter.

wwaswas

My wife recently embarassed one of my sons friends when he arrived at the house by being fairly insistent that he remove his trousers.

It was like hearing Mrs Doyle off of Father Ted;

“Take your trousers off and I’ll dry them for you they’re soaked”

“I’mmmnnnn alllrright”

“Go on, it’s no trouble”

“nooo really”

“Go on”

“nooo”

“Oh, go on”

etc

I took pity on the lad and went out and said my wife was expecting he would be able to borrow a pair of our sons trouser whilst his were drying.

He still said no. Which was probably for the best, tbh.

In my wife’s defence he was soaked to the skin but I’ve suggested that askign 15 year olds to get their kit off in the hall is either going to be misinterpreted or met with resistance. Possibly both.

He still looks nervous whenever my wife answers the door to him.

Northwind

I accidentally used “derping” in conversation the other day. Pure brammer of a word that.

thegreatape
    Free Member

No I think that’s pretty understandable when you lean out of your truck window at the playground. .

Foiled again.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My daughter astounded me yesterday by asking me if I objected to her picking up my dirty laundry from the landing. Turns out she was embarrassed at the prospect of her friends seeing my undercrackers when they come round after school today (removed-and-on-the-floor-not-being-actually-worn-undercrackers, just to be clear). I told her not to worry and that I’d tidy up before her friends came round. Now, I always like to keep my side of a bargain, but there’s an hour to go and I wonder, would this be too cruel?

TiRed

Ginger seems to be the derogatory term of usage in my household. This melanin-challenged MCR1 homozygote finds this last bastion of acceptable racism a little hard to take from his kids. Who of course are heterozygotes 😈

philconsequence
    Free Member

butterz…… is bad…. well its kinda good and bad. basically from what i understand its used to describe a girl with a hot body but her face is rubbish… but her, butter, butterz.

lambchop
    Free Member

‘cool beans’

Lifer
    Free Member

I though ‘butters’ was an update of ‘lardy’ but also ‘ugly’ as Mr Dizzie Russell says:

“I love it when I see a pretty girl whining
    I can even watch a butters girl grinding
    Control the body with great timing
    Ain’t shy in the dark, there shining”

thegreatape
    Free Member

What Viz readers might know as a ‘crouching tiger hidden dragon’ then?

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Due to recent news reports, my 11yr old asked me explain Pleb which made me smile a little.

but there appears to be one term missing from this thread, one term to rule all terms….

‘JOEY!’ 😯

Scapegoat

Lifer – Member
    I though ‘butters’ was an update of ‘lardy’ but also ‘ugly’

Nah, ugly is “merked” innit!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Please carry on, STW. You amuse me.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

butterz…… is bad…. well its kinda good and bad. basically from what i understand its used to describe a girl with a hot body but her face is rubbish… but her, butter, butterz.

Is that not pronounced bobfoc?

(body of baywatch face of crimewatch) 🙂

stratobiker
    Free Member

‘Nickel’ = good
    ‘Nickel Chrome’ = very good
    ‘Hyper Nickel Chrome’ = Very Best.

In France. According to the kids I work with on a wednesday afternoon.

fubar
    Free Member

That’s mint !

davidjones15
    Free Member

Lush!

enigmas
    Free Member

hmm, can’t say i’ve heard 90% used seriously in the last 13 years of school/college i’ve been in!

Probably the most used word right now is ‘brilliant’. Combined with sarcasm it can be used as a response to almost anything!

‘LAD’ (spelled with caps) is also popular, google ‘LAD bible’ to find out why..

These days most phrases are one liners from shows and films. Anything from the inbetweeners, bad education, top gear, etc goes.

oh, and when you’re riding with a group of mates the same age, you have to quote lines from ‘sh*t mountain bikers say’ at every opportunity for the lolz 😛

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Youngsters and their expressions/expletives of appreciation’ is closed to new replies.