Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Younger couples – where are you this Christmas
  • stuartmccarthy
    Free Member

So it’s the first time my girlfriend and I will be spending Christmas day alone in our own flat after three years of being in a relationship.. I know – you are asking how I am going to cope already? Well thanks to the new bike bits and ‘toys’ I’ll keep myself entertained 😉

Just wondered how many couples are alone together, and who is forced to visit the inlaws on Christmas Day? Our parents live ~200 miles away from each other, with the closest living 70 miles away from us so it kind of makes sense not to be driving around all day – but we’re both happy to be finally spending it alone anyway.

Where are YOU this Xmas?!

trail_rat
    Free Member

27 y/o 11 year relationship

Both still go to our own parents for xmas- she has younger bro’s and sisters so its a family occasion for them + no room there for me.

Last year i had dinner at theirs this year im not – im an only child so came home for my parents more than anything – id have just stayed in my house if i had my way 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s our first year married, I was hoping to spend it with just the wife but nooooooo, going to her brothers tomorrow with her entire family, not ideal but it means a lot to her so it means a lot to me I guess.

metamuppet
    Free Member

We did the same as your doing last year. After the mornings activities (ahem) it was a pretty dull day!

Polar opposite this year, both of our families in our flat… 9 people to cook for, should be interesting.

lapierrelady

The usual lap of the country…York to Norfolk today, Tamworth for lunch on Boxing Day, then Exeter for dinner, then to Bristol for New Year’s on the 28th. Good thing driving is still fairly novel!

alwillis

First year in our own flat as well, Got a road ride planned in for the (late) morning, then some fillet steak for lunch. Similar routine on Boxing day too.

We decided to do one set of parents last weekend (Dorset) and the others next weekend (Lancashire) so we can enjoy our time off together (a rare thing!).

Drac

At home with the kids, wife. Mother in law and sister in law are coming for dinner tomorrow.

What? 40 isn’t old.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Both sets of parents out of the country, so just the two of us this year. Christmas dinner and presents this evening (we mix and match Danish and English bits), nice breakfast tomorrow then a long walk/bike ride.

tomhoward

40 isn’t old.

If you are a mountain.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

On my own, in a foreign country, working.

Merry Christmas.

lunge

30 ish YO couple here.

Normally drinking Christmas Eve, this year it’s all about lots of food and wine for the 2 of us. Christmas Day is at her folks, we alternate between the 2 sets. Boxing Day beers somewhere (a cause for debate at the moment, her friends or mine…).

munrobiker
    Free Member

25, 6 year relationship. Our second Christmas since we got married and our 3rd together. We will be with my folks as my wife is from the US and we can only get back there when we can afford it. She has presented the idea of it just being the two of us but Christmas is about a party for the family. We spend almost every day just the two of us, and she always has a brilliant time when she has half a bottle of wine down her.

BigJohn

We’ll be having it at my brother’s taking our 3 kids and grandson.

Well I still feel young.

Harry_the_Spider

45, so not very old either. Together 13 years.

Will be spending it with the family.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

27 and 4 years

In order they’ve been:

Separate
    Her parents (and 20 odd in laws, and it seemed that it was against the rules to step out the house between the 24th and the morning of the 28th)
    Separate
    Separate

Apparently my family doesn’t do Christmas ‘properly’ so we can’t do it together up here 😕

Teetosugars
    Free Member

2nd Christmas as a married couple, 9yr relationship.
    At (our) home, but my mother is staying with us.

durhambiker
    Free Member

2nd Christmas together since we got married. Last year my parents came up and we had dinner at the mother-in-laws. This year we’ve got tomorrow to ourselves. So the plan is get everything ready for cooking, then out on the bikes for a couple of hours, with a quick pitstop for a pint in town on the way back. Then get the dinner cooked and eaten!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Mrs C’s aunt with seven kids running around. The only thing that makes Christmas really is seeing the wee ones happy.

And we don’t have to waste loads of food.

drewd

28 and together 12 years, but only married this year.

We normally stop at the inlaws and visit my family in the afternoon. This year the inlaws moved so we can only see one set of parents on Christmas. We are at the inlaws for Christmas, ours for boxing day, then of to my parents on the 27th. All being well we can fit in a visit to the grandparents too.

Christmas is about family, and covering loads of miles in the car whilst most people are drinking. Merry Christmas!

piemonster

Dundee, Nottingham, Birmingham, Downham Market, Hunstanton, Norwich, Downham Market, Dundee.

Killing the planet, one Christmas at a time.

bearnecessities

PM, don’t pretend you’re young. Merry Xmas 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

34….. and not forced to do anything. Been together nearly 8 years and been in Oz for nearly 2 now. Last year was a quiet BBQ together. This year my folks have come to visit so I’m cooking for them and the inlaws. All good here.

hora
    Free Member

Im 40 I see 20-30yr old blokes- all seem malnourished/weedy- Is it just me?!

peterfile
    Free Member

Have you ever been described by a woman as “athletic” or “fit” hora? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’ve always worns worn 34″ waist post16yrs and 95kg.

Seriously apart from up north all the teens to 30somethings seem less-sturdy and sub 6ft. Anyway O/T

ekul
    Free Member

Hora – I’m 22 yrs old, 6’4″, 105kg with a 38″ waist. Slightly but not much bigger than all of my mates of the same age… Sweeping generalisations much?

Edit – back on topic this Christmas will be spent with the I laws as my parents have abandoned me and gone abroad… Would be a good craic if it wasn’t for the serious case of manflu I’ve developed!

hjghg5
    Free Member

First christmas together. My sister has 10+ round for lunch and 2 small kids, he is an only child and usually sees his parents. This time he is experiencing the madness. It remains to be seen whether it will put him off for life! His family and mine live quite close to each other though, they were round here today and we’re heading down there on boxing day.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

if you say so fatty 😕 :mrgreen:

rickon
    Free Member

32, together 8 years, married next year.

At missus’ parents in Norfolk this week, from the highlands.

Went for one ride at the weekend in thetford, and was bored within 15 minutes, how do you people cope?! No hills, no climbs, no descents…and my god the grit!

Definitely should have brought the road bikes.

So its, booze, meat, pies, chocolates, dog walking.

Drac

Went for one ride at the weekend in thetford, and was bored within 15 minutes, how do you people cope?! No hills, no climbs, no descents…and my god the grit!

I take it you didn’t ride the beat of the east then?

RealMan
    Free Member

Average age of 20 (interpret that as you wish). Spending it at my Dad’s house, although he went on holiday a few days ago so we’re all on our own. Only got together a few weeks before last Christmas so first proper Christmas, and it’s been awesome.

Seriously apart from up north all the teens to 30somethings seem less-sturdy and sub 6ft. Anyway O/T

I think the average height for an adult male in the UK is 5’9″, so…

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

23/26 3.5 years. She is away home (to Paris) Christmas always a big/all the family round thing for her.

I’m with family here.

Tbh I don’t care that much about Christmas (yes call me Scrooge) so don’t mind. Would rather piss off into the hills for a week!

As for the weight/size thing It’s just staying moderately healthy!
    At 95kg you should be 6’6″
    There’s a thing about views andt size, the conception that being 15 odd stone at near 6ft is fine is pish!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What about 5’2″ and 9.5 stone?

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Nah that’s ok 😀

longmover
    Free Member

Rogan Josh – Member

On my own, in a foreign country, working.

Merry Christmas.

I feel your pain, the closest I am getting to christmas dinner is a KFC

weeksy

Not young really, 42 and married 7 years. As usual,at the in laws for a few days. Would love to be at home, but then they wife’s mum would be alone and that’s not fair

mattbee

We alwats do Christmas at my wife’s parents, been married for 11 years and not done different in all that time.
    Love it though. Get on really well with both of them and they can afford far better quality food & drink than I ever could!
    Will be up to Barnsley later in Jan to do a second Christmas with my mum.

onandon
    Free Member

The wife and myself are in Geneva alone for the next few weeks.
    Usually my parents stay with us in the uk for a few days over Xmas . Very quiet around here 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Everyone coming to ours 😀

njee20
    Free Member

27, together 6 years.

Meant to be at ours with my folks. Power went off at 1am yesterday. At 6pm we bailed to my mum’s, fearing a ruined fridge of food with no ability to cook it. Power came back on at 10:30 last night, slightly annoyed!

Can’t imagine anything worse than spending Christmas alone, there are 364 days to have a roast on your tod, I want to see family for Xmas.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Younger couples – where are you this Christmas’ is closed to new replies.