Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Young Rider down and now UP :)
  • back2basics
    Free Member

BBC NEWS

There was a 2nd child involved in this, he escaped with cuts and bruises, as I know the people involved and the incident.
    big sigh of relief he’s up and about. Despite a lot of issues with the NHS in the press, they were absolutely fantastic.

Incident was a clear bright sunny afternoon, van just ploughed into them.
    I’m not here to start a debate about Helmets, but you have to think that in this case it was a big factor in his survival!

scotroutes

Not really. Without substantive evidence of how he was hit, how he fell and how his head was impacted then the fact he was wearing a helmet may well be irrelevant to his survival.

Great news that he’s recovering though!

back2basics
    Free Member

EDIT: removed.

bigyinn
    Free Member

ITS A BIT OF GOOD NEWS FFS!

Dont ruin it with a pointless debate about the pros / cons of wearing a helmet. 🙄

rogerthecat
    Free Member

scotroutes – you are TJ I claim my £5

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Great to hear he’s recovering.

Where’s the original story. What’s happened to the driver?

pingu66
    Free Member

Great news, good to see something good for a change, althoough it must have been very traumatic at the time.

Well done to all the NHS people involved.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s great news! Poor lad, hope there’s no lasting physical or mental (ie. fear of cycling) damage.

(congrats to scotroutes for the most pointless first sentence of any post ever. well done)

scotroutes

Not really.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Great news, must have been an awful time for his family. Hope he goes on to make a full recovery!

One thing did puzzle me about the report though:

“Harry had been riding his friend’s bike along the road, which does not have a pavement, when he was struck by the van.”

How is a pavement relevant? Just a bit of an odd paragraph.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mrs toast 🙂 i’ve sent you a direct message on twitter.

apologies for the thread hijack, back to your STW business x

back2basics
    Free Member

its kind of a semi rural road which has marked lanes, 2 cars can pass ok, anything more requires a bit of savvy. some very long straight sections good visibility at all points.

no other oncoming cars were involved and on a straight section.

for the family the terrible thing was when they first tried to revive him, it did not go at all well, and had to repeat putting him back into a coma!

Cougar

How is a pavement relevant? Just a bit of an odd paragraph.

Without a pavement he’d have been unable to illegally ride on it.

It’s a terribly written article all round, really. Take this:

Harry Davies, 11, from Pencaitland, was in a medically-induced coma for two weeks at The Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh.

He was knocked down by a van on the B6363 Boggs Holdings road on 3 June.

His mother Lisa Davies told the BBC Scotland news website that he had been “making everybody laugh”.

Someone should have words with his mother, laughing at her son in a coma.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Young Rider down and now UP :)’ is closed to new replies.