Home Forums Chat Forum Youfibre

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 hours ago by StuE.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Youfibre
  • StuE
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience with them? Much cheaper than my current broadband provider (Virgin) but they do have some negative reviews regarding reliability of there service, other half works from home so we need a reliable connection.

rone

500mpbs here. No issues so far with service. On the rolling contract so I can move up and down tiers.

Chat customer service is okay – but there’s no real log in/account info area for checking contract stuff.

Defo fast.

mattyfez

I think pretty much evey provider is cheaper than Virgin…the only time virgin might make sense is if you buy a bigger package, multiple phone contracts, TV, internet, etc, etc.

oceanskipper

Beware the CG NAT if you want external access into your own network – CG NAT basically means the public IP you have is on a 192 network and NAT’ed behind a shared public IP so incoming traffic does not know where to go. A static IP from them resolves (pun intended !) this but you have to pay for it. With most providers your public IP, although dynamic, is YOUR public IP so things like Synology remote NAS access and Cisco Umbrella DNS will still work as they will dynamically update based on the public IP they detect.

Other than that it’s fast, reliable and cheap IME.

StuE
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, only doing the usual stuff like streaming and internet access so don’t need external access to our home network and fast, reliable and cheap sounds good ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.