Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You are not normally my type…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

An age old dating question..

I don’t think I have a “type” and thinking about it, I don’t really have a distinct set of looks criteria either..

So, I’m sitting in ITSU and two girls across from me are chatting away about the previous nights date.. and the subject comes up.

Some comedian once said “if she’s got a heartbeat, that’s a bonus” which at the time made me laugh..but really..

Do you “have a type”?

binners

Do you “have a type”?

Yip! Most definitely. Mrs Binners ticks all the requisite boxes. Hence marrying her 😀

footflaps

You should really have an ISO9001 compliant product specification before engaging in dating. Then you can assess each candidate against the criteria……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I did, until Mrs Binners stole him.

P-Jay
    Free Member

If I had to give my “type” a label it would be ‘willing’.

I remember people having a ‘type’ back when I was young and single enough to give a shit, it was always a bit vague, in a good way, people would say “funny” or “caring”  or even just “good looking”.

It’s all gone a bit clinical now, or maybe it just is on ‘Love Island’ (wife watches it) it seems young people today have almost an Identikit description of their ‘type’ etched in their mind – “Oh, he should be 6′ 1 and a half”, blue, but not too blue eyes, blonde, medium size gloves, straight nose, medium ears etc etc etc etc” and then seem shocked when they meet this ideal man and discover they just don’t get on.

I’ve met couples who actually don’t seem to even like their partner, they treat each other more like an accessory, like a jacket or pair of shoes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol @ DD!

DezB
    Free Member

Yes & no… if I’m browsing an online dating site I have definite “Yes!”es and definite “NO!”s looks-wise. But generally, as long as they’re middle aged and mental as a busload of geckos, I’ll give em a try.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I don’t think looking back on life that I have ever dated a raven haired beauty ..nothing against them but it just so happens that all of the ladies in my life have been natural  blondes..thats my ex wife, my ex partner ( mother of my daughter ) and my current ( and last ) missus and mother of my son ..it took a while but I got there in the end !

prawny

I tend to go for short redheads, which is weird because my wife is a tall slim brunette. That said, I also like blondes. And ladyboys.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. Skinny athletic redheads. I’ve married two.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I like my women like I like my bikes. Anything but fat

Kryton57

I’m with BikeBouy on this.   I just like what I like but people make massive assumptions that because I have a black wife, I only like black girls which simply isn’t true.  Here’s a broad list of known celebs to provide evidence of my diversification:

Sandra Bullock

Paisley from Tattoo Fixers

Rachdaretodream instagram

Trinity Fatu (Naomi from WWE)

Hayden Panetierre

Susanna Hoff

Gabrielle Union

Keira Knightly

Kathryn Winnick

Mylene (lost too much weight recently)

Kylie, obvs

….but one thing I cannot stand is a shit personality.  If I sat across a table of anyone and can’t gel with their personality I would be out of there.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Types (and standards) are for those 6′ 1 and a half”, blue, but not too blue eyes, blonde, medium size gloves, straight nose, medium ears blokes. The ones who can afford to be fussy. Therefore I have neither a type or standards.

aP
    Free Member

At 50, I think the default answer is “yes please”. But I know her already, and we have a baby mortgage to look after.
    In a fantasy perpendicular world, depending upon what the day was bringing, it’d include:
    Mélissa Theuriau
    Anne Hathaway
    Anna Kendrick
    Sandra Bullock
    Sanne Cant

aracer
    Free Member

P-Jay wrote:

If I had to give my “type” a label it would be ‘willing’.

That sounds a bit desperate – I’d be more inclined to describe my type as “interested in me”. Though I have to admit I’m not totally lacking in standards – I’m certainly not attracted to anybody significantly overweight (I guess my ideal is “athletic”, though not averse to “curvy” if that’s an honest description rather than what significantly overweight lasses describe themselves as). Though as for tall/short, blonde/brunette etc. I’m not all that fussed. I’d also like to meet somebody interested in active/outdoorsy stuff, but that’s not really a “type” thing is it?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Layed back but not lazy. Strong but not domineering. Patient. Up for stuff, likes doing, making, going. Not precious. Not a snob, not materialistic. Funny. Good at sex.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Yep, I do. But I ain’t spilling it here; don’t wanna increase people dipping in my target market!

binners

I spent most of life searching longingly, but in vain, for a salt and pepper haired Irish George Cloony lookalike

What might have been……

*sigh*

km79
    Free Member

Dirty and not interested in a relationship is my preference.

wiggles
    Free Member

I haven’t really got a type I look for but it just so happens that my past is filled with nearly all white brunettes…

The lack of “ethnic diversity” is a bit boring but not by choice

MSP

Short sighted easily impressed girls who don’t recognise the taste of rohipnol.

IHN

as long as they’re middle aged and mental as a busload of geckos, I’ll give em a try

Yoo-hoo! *flutters eyelashes at DezB*

squirrelking
    Free Member

All partners had/have generous sized boobs. This is a total coincidence. People who know me on FB probably think I’m only interested in fetish models (I’m not). Even my own wife can’t make head nor tail of what constitutes my “type” (we’re lucky enough that we couldn’t care less if we find other people attractive), it’s something that either works or doesn’t.

Thinking about it vegans don’t do much for me if I’m honest though that might just be a natural response to anybody who thinks the most interesting thing about themself is what they eat. It’s not.

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah, the itv2/channel 4/channel 5 reality bleach blonde  z lister with too much make up and plastic enhancements also the dumber the better!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Odd isn’t it.

”I liked him, but he wasn’t my type” was the comment that provoked my post.

Now, I’ve met many of the opposite sex during my years on this planet. Some high ranking professionals, some who couldn’t care what they do for a living, some who are happy to sit filing nails all day to the adrenaline junky types, all manner of shapes and sizes, creeds and colours, some wicked witted, some right old bores.

And that’s it, though reading that does offer up that I do have a type.. female.. not that I don’t appreciate a decent male body, because I do but it does nothing for me. Yet females do.. so my type is female 🙋‍♀️

When it came to dating (before marriage) I’d be mixing with many many women, groups large and small in clubs/bars/sailing/beach and you’d think through all of that mix that I would form some sort of “type” but it’s got me thinking..

I don’t have a type 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure if I could describe a wish list of features that would form a criteria.. I would expect dating sites have this battened down, a list of x/y/z based on a/b/c and so on.. but where would you start if you have no idea..

Now, obviously during my years I’ve had rebuttals and I’ve always just shrugged them off.. never thought about type so perhaps the way I look and speak/articulate to me has been the looking at the whole package so to speak.. rather than a list of “5’10, athletic, likes beer, greenish eyes” or whatever.. but I’ve never looked at a female and thought .. wow, she’s my type.

💇‍♂️

SaxonRider

I am married to my ‘type’, but didn’t realise it until a friend pointed it out. He said to me once, when we were at a film together, that every time I commented on a woman I thought was attractive in some way, it was always on the basis of some feature that was comparable to Mrs SR.

Mrs SR is tall and slim with a graceful demeanour and pretty face. (At least I think so!) A bit Linda Fiorentino in ‘The Last Seduction’. But don’t tell her I said that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thinking about it vegans don’t do much for me if I’m honest though that might just be a natural response to anybody who thinks the most interesting thing about themself is what they eat

I dont like morons who think only in lazy stereotypes/tired old cliches.

Dont really have a type though I have never dated a meat eater*…makes you think etc.

* i honestly never asked when i was younger these day websites say but its not a pre requisite but may indicate we share a similar world view

Cougar

Are we talking about raw physical attraction, or in more general terms?

Looks wise I’ve always been attracted to athletic brunettes.  Being a bit ‘alt’ is a bonus too.

But really, looks is secondary to personality if it’s someone I’m going to want to actually spend any time with.  If someone is as thick as mince or doesn’t have a sense of humour then I’m really not interested.  So i guess my type would be “able to string a sentence together” as a bare minimum.

Thinking about it vegans don’t do much for me if I’m honest though that might just be a natural response to anybody who thinks the most interesting thing about themself is what they eat. It’s not.

I’d wager it’s more interesting to you than to them.  As with any demographic you get the odd shouty militant, but most vegans I’ve met would far rather be left alone to eat what they want than have to explain themselves to defensive omnivores every time they eat in public.

benp1

Depends whether you are referring to a picture of someone or the whole package – funny what a difference something like personality/taste/humour/intellect can have

Also, warning of massive generalisation here – I think men can generally align on a broad definition of an attractive woman – i.e show them a picture and a high proportion will agree. I don’t think the reverse is necessarily true, women seem to have more of a type than men (based on looks only)

squirrelking
    Free Member

I dont like morons who think only in lazy stereotypes/tired old cliches.

*sigh* still not learned the art of civilised debate then I take it?

To explain further, I’m referring to people who think that’s interesting enough to put on a dating profile. I know plenty of normal vegans that don’t advertise the fact just as I don’t feel the need to tell everyone I enjoy Mongolian Barbecue. Maybe I should have capitalsed ‘vegan’ to be clearer.

Cougar

Also, warning of massive generalisation here – I think men can generally align on a broad definition of an attractive woman – i.e show them a picture and a high proportion will agree. I don’t think the reverse is necessarily true, women seem to have more of a type than men (based on looks only)

I think perhaps you can acknowledge that someone is physically attractive without them necessarily doing anything for you personally.  I suppose in that sense we’re talking about “types” there’s attractive and then there’s the stuff of fantasies.

Again with the generalisations: I wonder if there’s an element that women are generally more choosy?

lunge

If asked to describe I’d say tall, athletic (I’ll say it, thin with small boobs) and dark hair.

Mrs lunge fits 2 of those things (she’s blonde), the GF before then fitted none.

So may, maybe not.

CountZero

Do you “have a type”?

Nope. Past g/f’s have been blonde, brunette, half-Chinese, half-Polish, slim, cuddly…
    The common factor has been a sweet and easy-going personality and demeanour, I’ve never been with anyone who’s been argumentative, confrontational or manipulative.
    My partner is someone I met around twenty-five years ago, when her parents owned a local pub i frequented.
    They moved to Salisbury, I sort of kept in touch until she met someone and and the last time I saw her she was eight months pregnant.
    FFWD to August last year she popped up on Fb’s ‘Someone you may know’ feature, I got in touch, we met up and she’s now living with me.
    She possesses all of the above qualities, along with being a bloody good cook, due to growing up in pubs where her mum ran the restaurant side of things.
    A win-win, in my humble opinion. 😬

Cougar

I’m referring to people who think that’s interesting enough to put on a dating profile.

Hm, it seems valid enough to me.  I mean, it might not be of any interest to you, but t’d probably be of interest to other vegans, it’s just one more thing to potentially have in common.  If someone wrote that they liked football, were a Scorpio and loved Justin Beiber, I’d have zero interest in any of those facts but they might be massively relevant to someone else.

DezB
    Free Member

Back of the queue, IHN 😉

gordimhor
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Good point – raw physical attraction.. Yeah, good point.. come to think of it… nope, I’ve never felt that 🤷‍♂️

Now that I come to think about it, without getting all naval gazing, am I missing something ?

Intellectually, now that is a quality I do seek in a person (and not just the opposite sex) but thinking about it, all the females I’ve been more involved with have always been very intelligent and often run rings around me on that particular quality.

But for physical attraction and that “gut wrenching” some people feel.. I think I’ve missed that.

I met the wife out of a group of friends, a large group where people come and go nothing formal. You could pretty much guarantee meeting new faces, seeing the same friends and then not seeing folks for months then they’d return.. and I don’t think I missed any of the females (as in, oh.. I wish xx was here) the wife and I are obviously attracted to one another, but where some speak of “fatal attraction” and such it wasn’t like that with us.. more like “free Friday”? And it developed..

I’m going to ask her tonight about this quandary I’m feeling, I think she’ll have a different viewpoint 🤹‍♂️🥊

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yeah I guess, I suppose I just take exception to being called a moron for having an opinion. So yeah, saying militant types are a turn off would probably be more accurate, they tend to be rather closed minded and unable to accept differing points of view.

cyclingwilly
    Free Member

Brewery heiress wanted, needs to have bad eyesight, loose morals, a vagina and a Costa points card.

edlong
    Free Member

Strangely, I’ve never actually thought about it until this thread…. I don’t think I have a ‘type’. I’ve been married for years, but prior to that I did have girlfriends and apart from the fact that two of them were English redheads they were all utterly different , including diverse nationalities and ethnicities (not entirely, the majority were British, but they all differed significantly both physically and personality wise). It’s not like I was a total slut either – all were positive choices (if a little drunken in a couple of cases)

What’s weirding me out a bit now (genuinely) is that until five minutes ago I’d never realised, or even thought about it. Are you supposed to have a hard-wired preference?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘You are not normally my type…’ is closed to new replies.