Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Yorkshire to host Tour de France
  • mt
    Free Member

Fantastic. Reckon they have chosen the right bid given the support and effort put in by those involved.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Need somewhere to stay??

I’ve the farm just outside of Harrogate, it’s got a barn with no roof, no doors, covered in cow shite and spiders..

Reckon I’ll make £600.00 PPPN ex Breakfast, oh hang on, no I’ll throw in a Jam Sarnie and some proper Tea.

Yey !! 😆

mt
    Free Member

That five star in yorkshire

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Why are people falling over themselves to host 3 stages of the TdF when no one gives a flying wossname about the National Premier Series?

er, global exposure for tourism, hosting the start of the biggest annual sporting event in the world?

RustySpanner

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Blimey there’s some great beer and cake in Yorkshire and now Le Tour, i’m off to put my towel on a prime spot right now
    There’s somebody sitting there mate.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m just hoping for a good dollop of some nice new, smooth Tarmac on the Southern edge of the NYM

mefty
    Free Member

Yorkshire are reportedly paying £4 million to host plus they have obviously done a good job of lobbying – well done them.

matt_outandabout

Aye, but are the’ tough enough for Yorkshire like?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Why are the BBC using hackneyed stereotypes of flat caps on the homepage when most northerners wear market knockoff designer jeans (with too many superfluous pockets) and white trainers?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Was this the only thing to come out of the 2 day EU summit? If so, they have gone up in my estimations.

belugabob
    Free Member

Those bikes will be tricky to handle with a basket of Hovis on the front…

Top news for Yorkshire folk – line the roads guys, and show them how much we like cycling too.

jota180
    Free Member

That ad was filmed in Dorset

/pedant

highlandman
    Free Member

Er, yes, been to Yorkshire and ridden there too. Not as much as a local lad would but aye, I have. There’s a bit of a difference in scale here.. Yorks is bonny and has a great many really sharp little climbs but it just can’t match up to the scale of the challenge that a snow roads tour in the eastern Highlands would be. I’m certain that the planners will come up with a stonking route both for the riders and spectators but if you want to showcase the best riding that the UK has to offer, surely it would be better to come to somewhere with some big hills and some wilderness to cross.
    And I don’t think anyone would try to compare Leeds with Edinburgh!

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’m stupidly excited, given that I live in Leeds.

But I bought a copy of the YEP on the way home from my work Christmas party and there’s not a mention of it. Not a great start… (unless I’m too pissed and have missed it!)

matt_outandabout

2013 Tour de France?

scuttler

The E in YEP disappeared years ago.

My biggest fear listening to the tourism bods is it will go North and East from Leeds and they won’t go over Holme Moss cos then they go into Derbyshire. Nowt to do with the fact that I live in the Holme Valley. If it does come over I nominate an alpe d’huez style dutch corner on the big right hander.

mintimperial

If they don’t do the Col De Moss I shall be deeply* disappointed.

If it does come over I nominate an alpe d’huez style dutch corner on the big right hander.

Yorkshire corner, smashing! I’m in, I’ll bring me flat cap.

* Slightly; it’s going to be ace no matter what.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Should draw great crowds. And hills are really nice. I might come up. Get the kettle on.

dyl
    Free Member

Pretty sure that photo has Win Hill in the distance, and is probably taken from somewhere between Derwent and Strines, so in Derbyshire, but only just.

Not that that has anything to do with anything.

hora
    Free Member

Its going through Hudds. The heart of Yorkshire.

Get in.

belugabob
    Free Member

That ad was filmed in Dorset /pedant[/quote]

Aye Lad, but the accents were reet grand!

firestarter
    Free Member

Well I hope the police don’t manage to **** up the road closures like they did on the towton Yorkshire stage of
    the tour of Britain

But I’m pleased they got it will be good 😉

stratman
    Free Member

Pretty sure that photo has Win Hill in the distance, and is probably taken from somewhere between Derwent and Strines, so in Derbyshire, but only just.

Looks like Dovestone Tor – I think that’s Ladybower reservoir in the distance

stratman
    Free Member

Looks like Dovestone Tor – I think that’s Ladybower reservoir in the distance

Double post – sorry

fatboyslo
    Free Member

mintimperial – Member
    If they don’t do the Col De Moss I shall be deeply* disappointed.

If it does come over I nominate an alpe d’huez style dutch corner on the big right hander.
    Yorkshire corner, smashing! I’m in, I’ll bring me flat cap.

* Slightly; it’s going to be ace no matter what.

” Col de Moss ” 😀

Like that one .. and a Yorkie corner … I’ll bring mi flag ! White Rose that is

Am pretty sure I recall rumours of the Moss being on stage 2 when the idea was first made public….

Day 1 = North West out of Leeds … Tour du Dales .. over the NY moors with sprint finish in either Brid or Scarborough

Day 2 = York start … skirt north of Leeds / Bradford area ( Cow n Calf ? ) … into southern dales, up Holme Moss and round to a Sheffield finish

Not quite your typical flat start to the tour but day 1 for the sprinters or long distance solo off the top of Sutton Bank ? and day 2 for a break away / solo finish should make for a couple of crackin days out

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, im Daarsett

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire to host Tour de France’ is closed to new replies.