Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Yodel rant
  • dribbling
    Free Member

So, today a delivery is made by postman who leaves in safeplace in a metal bin that’s never used for anything. He leaves me the usual card.

I have never once had a problem with this in 4 years, even when other delivery companies have made deliveries on same day and also left in same place. I live off the road, on a close.

Today, Yodel guy/gal delivers something and leaves behind wheelie bins. Evidence of contents of metal bin on floor surrounding(empty beer & wine bottles), indicate he’s tried to ram his delivery in the metal bin.

No parcel from Royal Mail. Nothing.

Do I have evidence of theft? No.

Do I have any evidence that a little opportunist skank in a micra with no MOT has aleviated me of my belongings? No, but I’m never ordering anything that involves Yodel again.

Thanks, feel mildly better.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Yodel are the worst in the world, nvery had any sucess with them.

scaredypants

tell us again what you don’t suspect they didn’t do

Jamie
    Free Member

This looks like a case for Sherlock Junkington.

leffeboy

disappointed – I was expecting some bizarre Swiss YouTube shouting 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m not sure I don’t understand what didn’t or possible did happen.

That metal bin that’s never used for anything. Did it have some beer and wine bottles in it ?

dribbling
    Free Member

Ok, maybe an illiterate rant.

Metal Bin has been there since I moved in and was just full of old bottles. Never had the inclination to empty it, but as it’s never taken by dustmen, it’s used by postman and couriers as a sensible place to deposit stuff.

1. Postman has left something in metal bin today.

2. Yodel man has been.

3. There is nothing in the metal bin.

They are the facts – no evidence other than that, but on the balance of probabilities…

I hope he enjoys the soundtrack to opening ceremony of the Olympics.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Complain to Yodel.

They are fine for me.

dribbling
    Free Member

Thinking about it, it may have been a 650D body…but doubt it 😐

dribbling
    Free Member

Complain to Yodel.

That’s the obvious choice….but what’s the best that will happen?

Yodel take it seriously; sack off the driver and possibly my postie gets a rollocking for just using common sense…

neninja
    Free Member

I would contact the police and Yodel. If he’s done it to you he will likely have done it to others.

dribbling
    Free Member

I would contact the police and Yodel

Down the phone?

Edit: 😳

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, on what basis do you draw this conclusion?
    Have only RM and Yodel been to your property today? Were you observing the bin the whole time? If you answer no to either then I doubt you can prove anything.

dribbling
    Free Member

I doubt you can prove anything

Never said I could, just B.o.P.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Your logic is flawed.
    You were out, anyone could have been up there. Why do you assume its the Yodel guy? AFAIK they have a rep for being crap at delivering stuff, not for being thieves.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My postie leaves stuff wi neighbours ….. Every other courier assumes that as i live in shitstick no where its ok to leave stuff onthe door step……

Came home one day to find a 7 foot tall box by the door – not exactly subtle !

One day ill suffer the same fate. – best part is they dont put cards through the door when they do this so id never know.

deliverysam
    Free Member

It is shocking that you think Yodel are at fault. The clue is in the bin, how is the Yodel driver supposed to know this is your preferred location. Yodel is not the post office, they offer a signature upon delivery service, so I suggest that in future, if you order items that need a signature, you remain in to accept the goods and not blame the delivery company for your inability to organise your affairs correctly!

nsaints
    Free Member

Mr’s nsaints stayed as we were expecting a delivery from Amazon. Yodel claimed to have delivered; when Mr’s nsaints finally got through the delivery driver told us he threw it over the garden gate. The problem with that is we don’t have a garden gate. And why not just knock on the door and deliver the goods correctly anyway…the package remained lost.

Luckily Amazon dispatched replacements straight away using a different carrier

Yodel are rubbish…speak to anyone at work, they all have similar experiences with this lot

tomhoward

Where at Yodel do you work, Deliverysam?

fwiw I’ve never known a Yodel delivery go smoothly…..

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice first post, deliverysam.

If you fancy bumping my Yodel thread, assuming your Google Alert missed it, then knock yourself out:

daveb
    Free Member

Yodel are by far the worst delivery company i have had anything ‘delivered’ by. Citilink are not much better right enough.

I would report this to the courier company and hope they deal with it properly.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Yodel rant’ is closed to new replies.