Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Yodel…no better then…
  • LMT
    Free Member

Ordered a wheelset, cassette and few other bits from chain reaction, shipped yodel on Saturday, apparently delivered today and signed by me…I was at work at the time 5 miles away, other half was at work. No parcel actually delivered.

Done the usual checked with neighbours and nope been in all day no door bell, so contacted yodel parcel was delivered and in my geo-area and accepted but it obviously wasn’t or if it was it hasn’t made its way to me. It was apparently signed by me, but the signature isnt mine. None of my neighbours cycle so no use to them and tbh there an honest bunch and have dropped things round in the past when I’ve had no delivery card to say things had been delivered.

Contacted CRC, awaiting reply, is this going to be a drawn out arguement or resolved quickly? Can safely say this is a first with anything high value just shy of £500

LMT
    Free Member

Update from yodel, stating I accepted it, won’t take my word I was actually at work! Lol

Guess will chase with crc..

convert

Use of Yodel is enough of a reason not to use an online retailer. There needs to be a website where you can search for online retailers and discover their default delivery firm so you can eliminate them from consideration.

OP – good luck. Presumably letter from boss confirming you were at work would be a good start. Quite useful that they name you specifically as the recipient as that’s easy for you to disprove.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ve had this in the past – wtf is the use of the ‘signature’ bit if they don’t check it’s genuine? Surely it’s fraud? In my case the driver signed for it – I know because they delivered an empty box to my address which I ‘signed for’ whilst 20 miles away.

LMT
    Free Member

Well just signed it as my first name, as that was on the parcel invoice…

I told them I always sign signature for everything never just first name. Tbh I forgot crc used them otherwise i wouldn’t of ordered but apart from some shifters 10 years ago pretty much never lost anything before in the post.

whitestone
    Free Member

Partly this is a consequence of us, the consumer, wanting everything “as cheap as possible”. CRC will go for the cheapest  quote for the delivery contract. Yodel will push their drivers to make as many deliveries as possible during their shift.

I’ve not (yet) had any problems with Yodel but I suppose it helps that we live in a rural location and the local driver is sound: “I’ll leave it with the neighbours or if they aren’t in I’ll shove it in the coal bunker/greenhouse”.

DezB
    Free Member

Last few things I’ve had from CRC have been Royal Mail deliveries. Not seen a Yodel in ages.

jimdubleyou

Are you sure it’s not on your roof?

convert

Partly this is a consequence of us, the consumer, wanting everything “as cheap as possible”. CRC will go for the cheapest  quote for the delivery contract. Yodel will push their drivers to make as many deliveries as possible during their shift.

You have got a point. Got to confess I get a bit grumpy when I’m expected to actually pay for delivery. Having said that running costs of an online shop run out of a cheap unit and selling nationwide (or further) rather than an actual bricks and mortar shop on the high street selling to a finite catchment surely gives a bit of leeway for covering postage.

The whole system is messed up however – last week I walked down a mile long ‘domestic’ street in middle of the day and watched 6 delivery firms (parcelforce, two uniformed couriers from legit branded firms and 3 separate lads in jeans and t-shirts operating out of standard cars or van) attempting to deliver. All without success as unsurprisingly most people are at work at 1130 on Thursday. How many tens of thousands of unsuccessful deliveries are made every day across the nation? Just a huge waste of everyones time. We must have come far enough down the online retail line where every street needs a delivery dropbox thingy with coded access. I (like millions of others) have stuff delivered to work but is it really reasonable for them to have the faff and responsibility of signing for 10s of parcels a day?

whitestone
    Free Member

@convert – there was talk a few years ago of getting milkmen to deliver parcels ordered from the internet but of course they are getting fewer and further between.

I’m also fortunate in that I can have stuff delivered to work but that’s not an option for many people. There’s also a couple of the coded dropbox collection centres near us, one’s in a Co-op for example

Anyway, Yodel have a long way to go before they are as bad as the now defunct City Link.

Alphabet

Even if you can’t have it delivered to work and are out during the day, there is often the option to have it delivered to Argos or other Click and Drop locations. I know this isn’t fool proof (especially Argos who often take time to admit to a delivery) but these Click and Drop locations are usually open late and open at weekends.

wesutf1
    Free Member

Had my first bad experience with Yodel a couple of weeks ago.

It all started when my brother had a set of forks due for delivery, and as no one was due to be in, my grandmother walked down to our house to make sure they would be delivered. She sat in all day waiting for them, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, no one came to the door. Online tracking was updated as delivered to a neighbour at number 8 (signature was simply a letter N). So, my brother goes round to number 8 to look for his parcel when he gets in from work. We’re at number 20 so no idea why the driver went to 8. Or did he? Turns out no, the parcel wasn’t at 8, nor was it at 18 (next door), we thought it might have been a simple typo. So, he rang Yodel who said, it might have gone to number 12? So, off he went the next morning before work to number 12, and you’ve guessed it, not there!

Unfortunately, the following day I was due to have a set of wheels delivered by Yodel as well, and as I’m sure it will come of no surprise to you, they didn’t turn up! This time my grandmother sat by the front door waiting for the deliver driver to knock, but there was nothing. So, that evening, off my brother went on the hunt for two parcels. After having another conversation with Yodel they said maybe at number 39 (?!?!). Rather surprisingly, there sat outside the front door of 39 were our two parcels. Turns out the people at 39 were on holiday so they’d not been signed by anyone, and had in fact just been dumped outside a completely random house.

So, to sum up, Yodel didn’t attempt delivery of two separate signed for items, they instead randomly selected a house and just left them outside, no note through our door, no logic to which house, and no attempt to make sure the parcels were actually safe.

I spoke to Yodel’s customer services, and the lady on the other end of the phone agreed with me that it was completely unacceptable, I do, however, doubt that my complaint got beyond their South African call centre, and I’m sure that if I ever have the misfortune of having something delivered by them again, it will definitely go to the wrong house!

oikeith

Use of Yodel is enough of a reason not to use an online retailer. There needs to be a website where you can search for online retailers and discover their default delivery firm so you can eliminate them from consideration.

I’ve not completed checkouts when I’ve seen that delivery is via Royal Mail or most of the delivery companies.

How many tens of thousands of unsuccessful deliveries are made every day across the nation? Just a huge waste of everyones time.

I agree, I only order from sites that do collect plus, its good and bad, good as I can get parcels delivered any day or time of the week and collect between 0600-2200, bad because I always buy a treat! I mean who can turn down 3 white lion bars for £1!

pocpoc
    Free Member

Do you have an android phone with location history turned on? If so then you can prove that your phone (and therefore you) was at your place of work at the time of delivery.

kerley
    Free Member

Yep, or they need to make it clear when purchasing.  I didn’t realise Chain Reaction now used Yodel, will get my stuff from Wiggle instead as they use Royal Mail.

Cougar

executive.complaints@vx.yodel.co.uk

Three guesses as to how I know that address off the top of my head.

bruneep

1. you are CEO of yodel

2. you are CS or IT support of yodel

3. you are a driver for yodel

?

convert

I didn’t realise Chain Reaction now used Yodel, will get my stuff from Wiggle instead as they use Royal Mail.

Does CRC and Wiggle stuff not come out of the same warehouse or are they not at that level of integration yet? The admin buildings in Portsmouth are now badged both CRC and Wiggle.

daern
    Free Member

Wiggle use all sorts of parcels, but my most recent next day order was indeed Yodel. IIRC, the late-night collections are DPD though.

Does CRC and Wiggle stuff not come out of the same warehouse or are they not at that level of integration yet?

Yes, new warehouse in the midlands.

poah
    Free Member

CRC use parcel force, yodel and DPD.  I had stuff delivered on saturday by yodel no signuture just handed to me.  Stuff on sunday was delivered by DPD.   both were tracked online so could see when they would be delivered.  yodel’s service was a bit slow to update.

I find amazon delivery service the worst.  we had a parcel delivered yesterday.  note said behind bin when in fact it was beside bin in full view of anyone that walked past.

If it isn’t your signature then it wasn’t you that signed for it.

LMT
    Free Member

Spoke to crc, going to pass to shipping and investigate driver…could take up to a week, so it’s hold on and wait…

regenesis
    Free Member

Agree on amazon Logistics.

2 parcels delivered today.

”Handed to resident” – weren’t as wasn’t in.

Card through door has no name, no time and “we left it in the safe place you told us about” – didn’t as was expecting to be in, with “front porch” scribbled on it.

Don’t have a front porch.

Also don’t have the £120+ of electronics that were inside the parcels that were apparently handed to me…

LMT
    Free Member

I didn’t expect anything else but yodel emailed back stating there driver delivered and I accepted said house description matched google earth…

When I asked them what I was wearing when I allegedly signed for it, he couldn’t remember…so basically just lies..

So I rely on crc now hopefully it’s not too drawn out…

docgeoffyjones

The yodel driver kept coming up our drive then reversing away when he saw me or my wife coming out the house. When I finally got my parcel the agency driver who delivered it told that the yodel employed drivers often leave parcels at the depot as this saves them time.

I saw a brilliant spoof add saying ” As a kid did you love knocking on doors and running away? Maybe a career at Yodel is for you.”

revs1972
    Free Member

Do you have an android phone with location history turned on? If so then you can prove that your phone (and therefore you) was at your place of work at the time of delivery.

Shirley all that can prove is that the phone was at work, how does that prove where you were ?

poah
    Free Member

Agree on amazon Logistics.

I’m waiting on a stem being delivered for the wife’s hardtail build.  went into track package and a map came up with the number of stops before me.  something new, hopefully that will make a difference.

whitestone
    Free Member

Last night we’d just gone to bed when there’s a van outside. At first I thought it was someone who’d come down the lane following their sat-nav and had ignored the “no through road” sign at the top. Then there’s a “Hello!”. It was a Hermes delivery van dropping off a wheel I’d bought from CRC! This was after 10pm!

footflaps

It was a Hermes delivery van dropping off a wheel I’d bought from CRC! This was after 10pm!

Probably doing his 6th unpaid hour of overtime that day just to get through his load…..

Partly this is a consequence of us, the consumer, wanting everything “as cheap as possible”.

The drivers for these companies make less than minimum wage – should be completely outlawed as it’s treating people like slaves.

LMT
    Free Member

Hasn’t been resolved as yet… yodel claiming they delivered not sure what crc believe so email tennis at the moment. Guessing I won’t be trying plus wheels on the full sus this weekend after all.

onehundredthidiot

DPD managed to disappoint today. Parents waited in for Steve who soon sent a message with photo of the door saying no one in. Thing is I don’t recognise the door. Then spent fruitless time chatting online with some ladies I can only assume lived abroad. I was reassured that it’d be delivered tomorrow no matter that it would.again be to the wrong building.

Fortunately I’ve changed address and delivery date to when I’m back for having fun.

bruneep

how did you pay? cc, pp?

LMT
    Free Member

Yep credit card, will give them till Monday then speak to the bank.

LMT
    Free Member

Was offered refund or resend today, if they had offered yesterday I would of took resend, but I have an Evans local and the pricing isn’t far off crc so opted for refund and I can click/collect Evans. So just waiting on the refund, guessing that will take a week!

trap6
    Free Member

Same here op,long story short,sent a dropper post off some weeks ago,email tennis regarding warranty claim,forward this week I have an email stating a New dropper would be sent out with “yodel” being the courier ahhhhahhh…noooo

anyhoos,I’ve come back after being away for the weekend,delivery has been made,calling card left,(Not)it’s in a safe place (Not),in the “front porch”,Noo,I have No flipping front porch,i live in a block of four flats with a stairwell where anybody can come and go,so £300 worth of belongings of my hard earned cash is somewhere other than being with me,I’ve sent handful of emails back too warranty claims,and will hopefully hear back in the next few days,as for contacting yodel,how do?I can’t see a number or website,ill perhaps look in detail in the morning when I’ve calmed a piece.

LITTER!!!

jonba
    Free Member

For the op. Your contract is with CRC. They have to sort it out or refund. They will eventually.

Wiggle also use Yodel for some deliveries. It is worth checking. When. You complain cc in the company you ordered from. Yodel and the like don’t care about the service they offer to recipients as we don’t pay them. You need to get the sender involved.

There does need to be a solution. I. Close to a RM sorting office so that is easy. DPD drop at Sainsbury’s. Collect+ and ups drop at the corner shop. Beyond that I find a new shop. I agree about the business model though, why deliver to resedential houses when people aren’t in? Must be a better way but these companies lack innovation.

LMT
    Free Member

Use the chat option on there website, or tweet them seems to get a better response.

trap6
    Free Member

Cheers op,

managed too livechat,i was politely informed that the tracking number I provided was for an “unknown customer on label”,

Have contacted sender.

I doubt very much ill be shopping there as long as they use sub-standard delivery methods.

regenesis
    Free Member

Well the replacement items sent out to me (minus 2 that are now out of stock so refunded) were delivered to out neighbour “****”

At no **

Except we don’t have a neighbour of that name.

Or a number ** in our street…..

Doesn’t get out of single digits in fact!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m having a similar problem with Fedex (an ebay purchase) – apparently signed for (at my work, while I was on holiday) by B Brown.

We have a D Brown who was not at work on that day.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

^^^ his prerogative…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Yodel…no better then…’ is closed to new replies.