Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Yawn… what track pump? One that doesn't fall over all the time would be nice..
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Rather liked the look of that Lezyne one in the mag the other week – all wooden handles and metal shaft, but just wondering what anyone can recommend in the sub £50 category.

It's a tool I use a lot, and my old Zefal one does a cracking job of pumping up tyres, it's just it has little feet and really gets on my wick falling over all the time…

samuri
    Free Member

Halfords basic pump. Silver, metal, works well, last a long time. £25

speaker2animals

I have a Specialized (hang on while I go for a look) Air Tool Comp. Cost me £39.99. They do a more expensive one. I suppose it'll be "Pro" but I can see no reason for spending anymore. Full metal construction. Very solid stable foot. IMHO 10/10

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Cant recommend the Topeak Joe Blow Sport highly enough, strong and all metal construction with the exception of the solid abs and rubber handle. Mine has seen years of faultless service.

z1ppy

+1 on the joe blow, had mine years & my
    m8's new one looks even better

Albanach
    Free Member

+1 on the joe blow

uplink
    Free Member

Joe Blow is the answer

monkeychild
    Free Member

Joe Blow here too it's ace

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Think I might be shopping for a Joe Blow today then 🙂 – thanks for the suggestions. From the spec, do they screw onto the Presta valves, or is there some kind of lever? Is there a particular advantage in getting one of the higher specced versions?

thanks again for all the advice.

uplink
    Free Member

It's a lever to lock it on – one side Presta, t'other Schrader

wasn't aware there was more than one model

brant
    Free Member

Quite pleased with this – but I am biased 😉

woffle
    Free Member

+ to the banana yellow Joe Blow here too!

robarnold
    Free Member

Specialized Air Tool Sport….aluminium barrel, one head does all, gets a 23c road tyre to 120 psi in 15 pumps! Geek!!! 😀

…and the best bit…only £27.99!

forge197
    Free Member

I had joe blow very good track pump it passed away after many years good service, I then tried that Specialized Track pump and that too is excellent, you won't go far wrong with either.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I use a Joe Blow Max 2. £22.95 in Merlin. Cheap as chips.

phiiiiil

Bolt your current pump to a square bit of wood to stop it falling over – cheap as chips!

myheadsashed

sks rennkompresser

Northwind

My Tesco one cost £6 and has been flawless, apart from its inaccurate gauge.

spooky_b329

Specialized Air Tool one as above.

It has 3 feet so very stable.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Yawn… what track pump? One that doesn't fall over all the time would be nice..’ is closed to new replies.