Home Forums Bike Forum XX1 cranks on gravel bike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XX1 cranks on gravel bike
  • mjsmke

Any reasone why this might not work? I have XX1 cranks on a bike i dont use much and a spare set of GX cranks. So thinking zbout putting the GX cranks on the less used bike and the XX1 cranks on the gravel bike which currently has Rival cranks.

Finding a suitable chainring might be a challenge though.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Boost or not boost?

I run non boost deore, single ring, 38t as it’s what I had. 142 rear  hub. Couldn’t get a narrow wide over 38t, though I didn’t look too hard. woul like to move to 40t at some point so will get a new crank then

tomhoward

Works fine for me. (2013 ish GXP) a bit of messing around with BB spacers required, but works fine. 40T NW works chainring.

IMG_1626

mjsmke

All boost. Thanks, I’ll have a look for a chainring. 40t, 3mm offset, 3 bolt fitting.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run an old M590 chainset with a n/w 38T Superstar raptor ring in my 1×12 GRX bike. Gives me the 49mm chainline it needs while offering a wider q-factor.

If the q factor and chainline work for you, then why not. I’ll possibly upgrade to a set of RaceFace Turbine cranks soon, just because it’s prettier and I have them on the shelf.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.