Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XT/SRAM 11 speed bastardogearing- tell me how to think!
  • Northwind

Righto so, don’t like SRAM 11 speed shifters, don’t like Shimano cassettes with no improvement on gear range over my 10 speed, do like mashing the 2 together. I know it works but the devil’s in the details…

So I am thinking, XT mech and shifter, XG-1150 cassette, cheapest option. I have the funky freehub already.

I can use any 11 speed chain and narrow/wide ring, right?

Anything else I should think about? I think that covers it but not sure…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

yep, that’s the config with which I plan to restore operation, come the inevitable day when the mech on my X01 group takes that big rock impact.
    I’ll ditch the SRAM mech/shifter and go XT.

SRAM chain seams OK so far. N/W oval chainring working fine.

chrismac

Im happily running XT rear mech and shifter with an X01 cassette. It works fine. I smashed the SRAM mech and the XT one and shifter was cheaper than a new X01 rear mech

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad to hear this works as it’s my current plan for my next build.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I like SRAM shifters but shimano mechs, I’m guessing that this combination would be a bastardisation too far though?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

SRAM shifters but shimano mechs … a bastardisation too far

in the past, yes the cable pull on the shifter and the pull ratio on the mech would not support mixing SRAM with Shimano.
    With 11 spd though, the two are very close and MIGHT be close enough to be inter-operable. (Huge caveat: only theory based on the numbers, I haven’t tried it)

honourablegeorge

Absolute black oval ring, SRAM chain/cassette, shimano mech/shifter here…. absolutely delighted with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XT/SRAM 11 speed bastardogearing- tell me how to think!’ is closed to new replies.