Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XTR Jockey wheel replacement
  • Scamper
    Free Member

The jockey wheels on my shadow M972 9 Speed need replacing and XTR like for like seem to be north of £30.

Searching on here suggests deore may not be compatible with XTR, but BBB ceramics are the way to go?

Any suggestions?

wwaswas

I got some non ceramic BBB ones (but they have bearings in) from dotbike – they’ve been fine but do add more grease before fitting.

clubber
    Free Member

I got a couple from ebay in a nice shiny gold colour for £12. They work and seem to be lasting well so far. Not sure what else to say other than they seem to do the job for minimal cost.

andrewh
    Free Member

http://mtzoom.com/jockey-wheels/speed-wheels/
    These seem to last pretty much forever and fit perfectly in my M972 Shadow.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stainless Tacx for me. Work a treat.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Get yourself off to XCracer.com lots to choose from there and under the price of Shimanos

DanW
    Free Member

Aerozine Ceramic Bearing Jockey Wheels for me. 11g a pair for £20 (ebay) with ceramic bearings.

They look to be the same as the Mt Zoom ones but cheaper and available in colours other than red.

They far outlast SRAM/ Shimano alternatives both on terms of remaining smooth and also in terms of wear on the teeth.

They make no noise so there really is no downside. Also they still look good after 3000km so no reason not to IMO.

I also like that the large gaps between the “spokes” of the Aerozine/ Mt Zoom design seems to clear mud/ muck/ grass far better than a standard jockey wheel. Overall, light, cheap, long lasting and perform great. Nothing not to like 😀

gren
    Free Member

Need to replace the wheels on my X0 mech. Those Aerozine ones look just the trick

DanW
    Free Member

I would double check compatibility Gren as SRAM Jockey wheels vary a fair bit from model, much more so than Shimano

gren
    Free Member

These ones seem to fit X0s. Most of the 11T wheels claim to fit from 2010 onwards. Some have warnings about x7/x9s etc.

I just don’t want to have to pay £30 for another set of plastic originals which have lasted a year. Lower is spiky and the upper seizes every month or so.

DanW
    Free Member

In that case I can definitely recommend the Aerozine Ceramics 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XTR Jockey wheel replacement’ is closed to new replies.