Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Xt m785 brake problemo – pistons pumping more and more onto rotor???
  • innit_gareth
    Free Member

Anyone know what could be –

2nd time out today with new M785’s. First time they were perfick. Today on the final descent the rear brake locked onto the wheel, pumping it wouldn’t release it and back wheel wouldn’t move.

Just levered the pistons apart with screwdriver, put wheel back in and a few pumps on the lever and exactly the same – pads locked against the rotor?

Would that mean there is air in the system (I thought that just gave a spongy lever feel)??

Incidentally bought from rose bikes so swapped over the hoses before the ride last weekend where they were fine.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

Cold.

Superficial
    Free Member

Bit of an odd story but I’d certainly try bleeding them as a first line, making sure the pads are fully retracted when you bleed.

If you did what I did in swapping the hoses over, you can introduce too much fluid into the system (if you used the technique of pumping the pads out before swapping, but one brake was pumped out more than the other).

jb79
    Free Member

I had a similar problem and it was that the sprung bit of metal between the pads had bent slightly and fallen off the edge of the pad.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Xt m785 brake problemo – pistons pumping more and more onto rotor???’ is closed to new replies.