• This topic has 56 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Xmas work bash….
  • medders
    Free Member

I spend all day with these people – why would I want to spend my precious free time with them too? Christmas or not.

Every year I politely decline both the turgid firm-wide event and the social awkward team event. And every year I get moaned at by the juniors for not going.

It is such a monumental hassle. Getting home is either a £90 cab or a complete lottery of the late night trains. And also if I get stuck into the booze (vary rare for me these days) I have been known to get a bit carried away.

footflaps

Wife’s work xmas thing is always a big black tie do at a posh venue in London, with accommodation in hotel thrown in. They’re not that bad, plus it’s about the only time I get to dust off the Tuxedo…

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Tonight!

“BBQ” type food allegedly in a pub. Suppliers are out too. Usual free beer served with a healthy side portion of regret :-/

WildHunter2009

This coming saturday, been a tough year so its at the bosses house. He puts on a decent spread and most of the guys i work with are actually bloody sound so looking forward to it. Helps im sneaking away early fri night for a nights camping down near dwellingup and maybe a climb/ride. With the way things are heading out here it might well be the last one with the current company so going to make the most of it!

qwerty
    Free Member

We’re keeping it real (ale) and just having the proverbial piss up in a brewery, which apparently you can organise.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Eeer… What’s a freelancer to do?

matt_outandabout

Sit in the corner and nurse just the one pint for the evening~?

sadmadalan

Ours is on Saturday. My son (aged 24) has banned me from going on the basis I am far too old to attend based on the bar that has been booked. I am allowed to go to the pre-party pub as ‘old’ people are allowed! Bloody youngsters!

blader1611
    Free Member

As a house husband i have decided to have my xmas do in the bathroom (there will be a yuletide log of some description :wink:) while the kids have a nap. I don’t miss xmas work party’s, they always consist of people talking about work!

peteimpreza

“I spend all day with these people – why would I want to spend my precious free time with them too? Christmas or not.

Every year I politely decline both the turgid firm-wide event and the social awkward team event. And every year I get moaned at by the juniors for not going.

You are me and I claim my £5

Solo
    Free Member

Office/company Xmas do has yet to happen, however, I received the itinerary this morning. Yes, there is an itinerary, FGS!

Arrive at the venue, at the strictly allotted time in order to be tagged with wrist band! 😥
    Then the festivities will really lift off:
    0 hour to 0:45 Bar is open.
    0:45 to 1:20 Feeding
    However, at 1:00 to 1:15 Christmas speech? Who’s going to hear over the noise of feeding????
    1:30 to 2:00 Comedian, yes, a frickin comedian, FGS!!
    1:30 to 2:30 Nooo, please please no: Table top magician 😥
    2:00 to 5:00 Pictures?????
    8:00 the fun ends, lights on, go home.

Think I’m giving it a miss.

ajf
    Free Member

just in from a boozy lunch, that’s Christmas part 1 done, just got the main one next week.

bottle of wine at lunch makes for a long afternoon 😥

23 mins till the pub though

gordimhor

I am a social care worker so there’s no christmas do. Mind you I do have Christmas day off for only the second time in 25 years

scruff9252

. gordimhor – Member
    I am a social care worker so there’s no christmas do. Mind you I do have Christmas day off for only the second time in 25 years

Bloody public sector, don’t know how good you have it! 😛

Defender
    Free Member

I haven’t been to one in years, 8 years to be percise and that was under sufferance.
    We don’t have a company one, each department does it’s own thing, as there’s always 1/4 of the team are on shift at anyone time each shift arranges it’s own.
    Can’t stand them TBH, can’t stand drunks for a start, so ours will be on a work night so it’ll be soft drink all round.
    Who knows, I might even go to this one!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’ve not been to one properly since my first, during my uni work placement, got somewhat drunk (not puking drink just “slightly impaired judgement”). Left earlyish with my line managers daughter, brought her home on the Sunday. Work was a bit tense for the next few days…….

My end of placement appraisal wasn’t exactly complimentary either. Even though we dated for another few months after that…….

I don’t drink at these things anymore, and tend to leave early. Ours is tomorrow. I’ll be at home in bed by 11.

kcal

/applause/ @ghostlymachine 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Xmas work bash….’ is closed to new replies.