• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by DrJ.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • XL Baseball caps?
  • Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

I find that most brands have ‘one size fits all’ for caps, but these give me a headache. Anyone have any brand recommendations for caps for those of us with larger heads? I’m ~63cm for helmets, at least, so hardly freakishly big! Especially the trucker style ones in brands that an MTBer might like (I.e. not Nike, Adidas etc).

I’ll start: Fjalraven are suitably trendy and do a S/M and L/XL. I could just buy another I guess.

Premier Icon blokeuptheroad

I get this. I have a biggish melon. I tend to go for those with a cloth not plastic adjustor and a metal clasp rather than snap plastic. I’m usually close to max adjustment on ‘one size fits all caps’. I have a Buff cap (the neck tube peeps not the colour) like that which is a good fit. I also have a Carhartt cap I bought in the US years ago which is non-adjustable in L/XL and which is a great fit. Sadly it’s a bit tatty now and resigned to garage and garden duties only.

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

I’ve got a big head and I’ve bought a couple of mesh back, foam front, cheap, nasty trucker caps on ebay. I can’t find the exact ones but they’re about 7 quid.

Easily accessorised with a patch and a needle and thread.

All one (dark) colour for me. I don’t like the white fronted ‘Federal Boobie Inspector’ look.

Premier Icon steezysix
    Free Member

My head is about 60-61cm and size large from Outdoor research fits me pretty well. Actually had to send back an XL one to size down! First time I’ve ever tried a hat that was too big 👽

Premier Icon letmetalktomark

Flex fit do an XL that’s suitably large enough for my bonce.

Can be picked up relatively cheap and without branding that’s nice.

Premier Icon bigblackshed

I’ve got one of the patch caps from the STW Merchant Store. It fits my massive swede fine. I’m a 63cm in helmets and the cap has plenty more adjustment available.

Premier Icon blurty

63cm here – Kuhl caps are big enough (pricey though)

Premier Icon blokeuptheroad

So off the back of this thread, I’ve just ordered a Fjalraven cap (thanks @Superficial) and one of the Flex fit ones (thanks @letmetalktomark).

I hate buying clothes and have zero imagination so leaving it to random STWers suits me fine!  Contemplating starting a thread titled ‘recommend me some grundies’…!! 🤔

Premier Icon b230ftw
    Free Member

Hahahaha you measly XL headed people.
    I can’t wear any of the SnapBack hats as even on the last fitting they are still too small.

What you need is a Flexifit (TM) hat and don’t accept any cheaper alternatives. They make S-M (which won’t even entertain fitting on my head) , L-XL (which I can squeeze on but it’s too tight) and my size which is XXL which is comedy large on everyone else but comedy hard to find in shops.

It used to be possible to get XXL hats in branded types but I’ve not seen any in years so I just buy XXL plain ones. It’s quite handy as I have ordered one to match my work uniform and some other nicer colours to match other stuff. I have a scalp condition which I just want to cover up quite a lot so I have a few now.

I get mine from Amazon nowadays as it’s hard to find them anywhere else for a reasonable price.

Amazon link:
    Flex fit Unisex Wooly Combed Cap https://amzn.eu/d/7RwAeaI

Premier Icon b230ftw
    Free Member

Fjalraven are suitably trendy and do a S/M and L/XL. I could just buy another I guess.

Tried one of those. Could squeeze it on but still too small for me.

That STW trucker hat has no chance of fitting me it’s just the same as all the other SnapBack hats.

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

Hahahaha you measly XL headed people.
    I can’t wear any of the SnapBack hats as even on the last fitting they are still too small.

The Fjalraven one I like the most is a Snapback one, just it (unusually) comes in two sizes. The bigger one, expanded via the plastic adjuster fits me well, but other styles (non-snapback) often don’t.

Flex fit Unisex Wooly Combed Cap https://amzn.eu/d/7RwAeaI

They look decent, ta. I have a Flexfit Arcteryx one somewhere – I assume it’s just the same as those but +£20 for an embroidered advert!

Premier Icon ads678
    Free Member

I’ve got Fox, Alpine stars, Volcom and Dakine caps that are all flex fit and come in different sizes. I’m not a freak though so don’t need to search for ones that fit the moon!

Premier Icon ericemel
    Free Member

Try these guys
    https://hatstore.co.uk/

Premier Icon plumber
    Free Member

I use new era XL 39 Thirty with whichever novelty colours are least offensive

People often refer to my hats but i just shrug and say its to stop my bald heat from burning in the sun

Premier Icon househusband

I’m in a similar position with a more than ample forehead and bonce.

I was delighted to buy a Patagonia Tin Shed cap and find I could wear it and not have the plastic strap at the back not left at the last hole.

As above, Flexfit caps are available in L/XL and even XXL; I just bought a few L/XL – Amazon.

I really want to be able to wear trucker caps – but they just look absolutely ridiculous on me and I’m not 100% why. I think it’s possibly that I have a longish face and the way they sit on my ears accentuates this. I’ve tried numerous times and it aint happening

Premier Icon MSP

When I am supreme ruler, “one size fits all” hat designers and makers will be the first against the wall, and the last against the wall, their deaths will be slow and painful probably involving some sort of slowly constricting piano wire tourniquet around their skulls.

Premier Icon ElShalimo

Tilley do baseball caps – you’re probably XXL in the cap sizes

Premier Icon timmycee
    Free Member

Massive head here! XL wide fit IXS helmet is the only helmet I’ve ever found that really fits nicely. Banana Industries have some really nice caps that and they fit me a treat.

Premier Icon DrJ
    Free Member

Melon head here – the worst is when you have to wear a hard hat – the webbing stuff inside never goes big enough to accommodate my bonce. Could be a problem if I ever become Tory leader and have to wear a hard hat for regular photo opportunities aimed at showing I’m not just a complete ****.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.