• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • X900f vs Q70r – extra streaming apps
  • dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I bought a 49″ Samsung Q70r QLED tv on sale (40% off) and the picture is obviously tremendously better than the outgoing 10yr old Philips ips 43″ tv.
    We watched some walking dead and realized just how much gore we’d been missing in the dark!

Whilst its mostly impressive, and after the initial giddyness of the new picture, there is a bit of stutter in fast motion scenes (eg birds flying), the Redbull TV app doesn’t work and there’s no way to sideload Amazon music or Google play music.
    We want to be able to play music through the tv/sound bar as a single ethernet wired connection. Don’t want to be wifi casting and don’t want to keep the roku or add an ethernet adaped firestick etc

I also had my eye on a 49″ x900F (XF90 uk?) but these are never on sale.. until 2 days before my satisfaction return time period is up on the q70 and its reduced to just $100 more than we paid for the Q70

Our Phillips was a dumb tv made smart by a Roku. I’d expect a modern smart TV do do what a roku can in spades.
    Presumably while reviewed as a clunky OS, the Sony android TV will be more configurable to other apps?

Anyone using a Sony smart TV – would it solve my app usage?
    Or do I already have the better TV and just need to add a ethernet hub and a few more hdmi inputs to solve my perceived Samsung shortcomings?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘X900f vs Q70r – extra streaming apps’ is closed to new replies.