Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WTD softshell hooded top
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

As above – wanting a medium weight softshell for pedalling into work and general mooching about in crappish weather.

Finding my Race Face Hoodlum too heavy and an odd cut. Any ideas? Needn't be a bike brand, and I ain't spending £250 on Tiso's finest for wandering to the cafe…

jimmy

I have an Arc'Teryx Softshell hoody and it is THE nicest bit of kit I have. Used it for commuting all year last year – with a shell over the top when necessary. Fits so well. I can't actually remember the name of it – I thought it might be this one (new version) but I paid £100 in the sale, down from £140 nearly 2 years ago. I'll keep looking – can't recommend it enough. A mate who is a mountain guide has had one for 5 years – it shows, but its still going and there's a reason why you won't want to replace it.

Also looks ace down the pub…

EDIT: This is it. Got mine from Tiso.

jimmy

Hmmm I even want to buy another looking at them.

jimmy

me again… 10% off at Tiso

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I have the epsilon AR (the non-hooded version of the SV). Utterly brilliant bit of kit.

jam-bo

another vote for the arcteryx epsilon. ace jacket.

had mine for four years. two years ago the zip got a bit sticky and they gave me a new one.

tracknicko
    Free Member

hoodless berghaus softshells were down from about 100 to 40 at CCC's recently.

very nice.

i got a regatta one there for 20 last year that didnt stay waterproof too long but was still really good. raced DH in it for a while!

jimmy

I even got 'tapped up' in Gap wearing mine. Some guy was just staring at me, I mistook him for staff (honest) and asked him where the changing rooms were… He said he wasn't staff but was just admiring my jacket and was thinking of getting one.

So if you like boys….

jfeb
    Free Member

How does the arcteryx epsilon size up? One of those websites says a Large is 42-44" chest – does that sounds about right? And what is the sleeve length like (I need LONG sleeves)?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried one on in Tisos. M about right for me at 6' and 40" chest, arms pretty long.

Nothing wrong with it but not sure I can deal with the colour.

Thanks all

solamanda
    Free Member

Not hooded but I've just bought a craghopper gore-tex thin softshell jacket for £35 in their website sale. They also have plain softshells on sale.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow that's a good sale.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WTD softshell hooded top’ is closed to new replies.