Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • WTB Ranger tough tyres 27.5 plus any real world experiences on them
  • postierich
    Free Member

New build will require some new rubber mainly for bike packing duties but might get rad on the odd occasion mainly riding in the lakes so anyone used them?

firestarter
    Free Member

Sorry to butt in rich, anyone seen any 27.5 2.8 tough rangers in stock anywhere

psycorp
    Free Member

Not Rangers but got Bridgers on my Primal if that helps?

Just bought a Breakout and a Convict for the bouncer too.

BadlyWiredDog

Yep, I’m running one on the back of a Transmitter after trashing Trailblazers and Rocket Rons bottoming out on rocks and pinch-flatting them in tubeless mode. They’re reasonably grippy, quite fast rolling, about the same size as a TB 2.8 in 2.8 guise and pretty heavy. They seem seriously tough, I’ve had the rim bottom out a few times now with no problems.

Works for me.

postierich
    Free Member

I,m going 3.0 Mick CRC have them in stock at a reasonable price not sure of the tpi
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wtb-ranger-tcs-tough-fast-rolling-tyre/rp-prod151654

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers rich pretty sure I need 2.8 as trailblazer fits nice and 3.0 bridger doesn’t. No rush I’ve not touched the ramin plus since the Jones arrived lol

postierich
    Free Member

Would like to do Surly Dirt Wizards but prices are crazy

firestarter
    Free Member

As with most things surly 🙂

pigyn
    Free Member

I have been using the 3″ rangers on my pony rustler and they have been amazing. Much better than the bridger/trailboss combo that I hated

postierich
    Free Member

pigyn take it your running them tubeless what size rims? and front and rear?

postierich
    Free Member

Mick weird how Alpkit stock loads pf WTB tyres but no tough ones!

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah I know but after having a trailblazer light I won’t be going for anything but tough again

pigyn
    Free Member

Yes tubeless and yes front and rear. DT XM551s so 40mm internal. They look much narrower than Chronicles but only measure up about 2mm less.

Fantastic grip on mixed terrain and very supportive when pushed hard. 11psi front and 12psi rear.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘WTB Ranger tough tyres 27.5 plus any real world experiences on them’ is closed to new replies.