Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wtb nanos – tics getting them fitted on my escapade
  • burko73

Hi

Just got my nano 700x 40 tcs and trying to fit them. Basically pinched the tube getting one on and now can’t get it off!

Schoolboy errors I guess but I’ve made it the last 20 yrs or so in mtbing using basically my hands as tyre levers.

I’ve got the std cotic deep section rims so not tubeless able…

I’ve just broken 2 plastic tyre levers and I’m running out of patience. To make it worse the mosses are now circling pi£&English me off as well….

Help

burko73

Obviously meant TCS

treklee
    Free Member

Bring it in the house and let it warm up abit, heat will make a big difference

burko73

It’s warmer outside than inside….

I’ll try it tomorrow!

burko73

Got some crank bros tyre levers from cycle experience in the new forest. Good guys. Got them off no probs.

Is it worth binning the rim tape and trying them with leccy tape?

vincienup
    Free Member

Depends on preference I think. If you feel that the tape height needs dimerising then maybe.

pictonroad

Where did you find them in stock?

tang
    Free Member

Lay flat with valve at the top. Kneel on the mounted tyre at the bottom and work up with hands to the top using bottom of the palm. If there’s a stubborn bit get it upright and pull from behind. I did read somewhere that nano Tcs just didn’t work on some rims. I’ve tubelessed the non Tcs no worries.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Where did you find them in stock?

I’d love to know that info too, please, I’m trying to decide between these and Schwalbe G-Ones.

coatesy
    Free Member

Tang’s advice just about covers it, if you haven’t got the tyre bead as deep into the rim’s well as possible opposite the valve, you won’t be creating the maximum slack needed at the valve for either removal or fitting.

honeybadgerx

I got mine from planet x. On other tight tyres I’ve resorted to soaking them in a hot bath first which seems to help.

Edit: cracking tyres!

jimdubleyou

I’ve had a bit of a mare with mine TBH.

Took about 17 goes to get them to seat anywhere near properly on the rim, and now they rub on the front derailleur.

I’m giving up.

pictonroad

I’ll buy it!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Had mine from planet x, £20 each end, absolute nightmare to get them onto Alex rims, went up tubeless first time and still up after 2 weeks !!
    Not ridden them yet as have new bike to play with

burko73

Got them from the good folks at alpkit!

I got them on and I got them off but not without damaging the tube. My rims don’t do tubeless ( cotic branded deep section disc) so thinking about getting some new wheels to go tubeless.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wtb nanos – tics getting them fitted on my escapade’ is closed to new replies.