Home Forums News WTB Judge review: the perfect rear tyre for winter?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTB Judge review: the perfect rear tyre for winter?
  • Ben_Haworth

WTB have rejigged their casings and their compounds. We’ve had the new WTB Judge for a couple of months now. And it’s excellent. Pros Predictable Grip …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

WTB Judge review: the perfect rear tyre for winter?

nippy
    Free Member

Good to know. I still find 27.5/2.4 DHR2’s at 50% off every now and then so I stock up on them for when I’m Vorbodden to buy 27.5 boots by the bike industry.  They grip like a taxman in pretty much all conditions as well.  Which is noice.

Del

FM! 1600g!?!!

bruneep

1.6kg  lol

Winter tyre test for 3 months….  So tested from July to October?

twotonpredator

I run Verdict and Judge combo. Been looking at replacing the Judge and wondering why I couldn’t find the fast rolling version. Seems they have stopped making it. The marketing team must have been like “it’s 1.6kg, don’t take the p*ss”

bens
    Free Member

I’ve got a wheelset that weighs the same as that.

And a PAIR of XR4s that weight about the same.

big_scot_nanny

It is, though, fantastic for proper trails. with verdict up front too. Caveat, bloody awful on anything trail centre (hard pack), and though i love the grip of Tough/HighGrip on the rear, man it wears out fast!

chipps

So tested from July to October?

Sounds about right for Yorkshire weather, yes.

@Benji
    , I want to know what they were like to fit? I’ve had some tyre lever-snapping WTB tyres in the past, especially with the tougher carcasses.

Northwind

There’s also the Tough/highgrip without the SG1 cap which is 1295g claimed but seems to be the same tread and rubber. (and weirdly the Tough/Fast is claimed 1427, what’s that all about?).

IME the Tough carcasses are already pretty damn tough, and let’s be honest, even the Light carcasses mostly aren’t very light. I’m honestly not sure who the market is for the Tough + SG1 but damn sure it’s not me. But a super-dhr2? Yeah maybe.

chakaping

Light / Tough
    These are the two carcass types. Their names are pretty self explanatory.

Except the “light” isn’t very light (easily over a kilo and seems similar to Exo+), but otherwise I applaud the simplicity of their system, yeah.

Are Saddleback actually gonna be distributing WTB’s MTB tyres in the UK now then? It’s been really hard to find them for a couple of years. Luckily I’ve snagged a Verdict, and got a few Vigilantes silly cheap in the CRC sale. Both amazing tyres BTW.

Ben_Haworth

@chipps They went on without levers at all IIRC. The rims they went on (Orbea own-brand things) are very accommodating though.

p.s. Mainly Lancashire. Not Yorkshire. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.