Home Forums Bike Forum WRAPT

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WRAPT
    kayak23

Weekend riding and picture thread

Let’s see your weekend riding pics and plans.

Been riding motorbikes too much and been ill too but managed to get out for a spin in the Cotswolds today on the fatty.
    Nice.

Broad Campden

I ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s barn no more

jimmy748

Day off Friday, Rode to Portland Bill for a Beer and Ice Cream.

leffeboy

lovely.  this makes me happy so bump

matt_outandabout

Local ride, Dunblane to Auchterader in glorious sunshine and proper heat (for Scotland!).

Third ride after TIA and put some effort in today on a proper MTB ride after a couple of gentle ones last weekend. Felt fit as a fiddle

20240727_111114~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240727_111443 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240727_115654~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240727_114714~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

el_boufador

OK well –  I’ve had a reyt good time out on bikes recently. I’ve done so much excellent riding locally and abroad I haven’t had time to post about it on here.

Back to the here and now, this is from last night. Had a great local spin. Trails running absolutely great, sunny and hardly anyone about.

Beautiful local woods

Beautiful local ring road

Lots of jumps

Reasonable size. Biggest I usually hit here. When I’m back from family hols I’m going to have a go at the bigger/steeper ones.

21 miles of gravel/bordering on MTB territory. Loved it and put me over 1000 miles this year to date, a personal achievement.

Reminded me of being a teenager before I had an MTB and just trying to ride whatever bike I had wherever I could manage. Feel lucky to have this out of the front door

20240728_090126~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240728_110305~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240728_111827~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240728_113844~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

sharkattack

matt_outandabout

Went for a rattle around Glentress with youngest_oab today. So much fun I didn’t take the phone out for photies.

I would just say: older stuff such as spooky woods is badly battered/worn out in places, the new stuff had some big braking bumps and terrible gravelly surface off the popular line (but not necessarily a good line…) , some very kicking table tops and we left a bit ‘meh, they just tried to book really big’….Youngest_oab was following a small group down the new lowest black and that’s who the air ambulance was for :-(

We left a bit ‘meh’…

vmgscot

Continued our exploration of the nearby Rhinns of Kells (Galloways)

thelawman

Today I have mainly been repeating the stock route that I do from the door – basically west-southwest through Telford to get to Little Wenlock, then down the rather splendid Buildwas Lane (never a disappointment, that) to cross the B4169, then along the Ironbridge Gorge road into the town for coffee/cake/icecream*, followed by a climb back up the Silkin Way from Coalport into Madeley, and home on the back roads as far as possible.

* choose according to the weather

A lovely bit of singletrack not far from Little Wenlock:-

onehundredthidiot

Returned from holidays and a wee play at Bowhill.  I guess during the holidays it’s not seen much action, plenty of overgrowth.

el_boufador

Earlier today…I bloody love riding bikes

ready

Lovely Long Weekend in Shropshire with Mrs Ready.  Friday was an explore of the Long Mynd, over to Church Stretton and back to the starting point of Blazing Bikes.  Bit of a grind in places but stunning views and some of the downs were good fun.

Saturday was the excellent Hopton Woods.  Really good challenging XC, and the DH runs were superb too.  Didn’t see any riders all day, and only 3 other cars in the car park (2 of which were dog walkers).

So much more to see/ride in Shropshire, we will definitely return!

kayak23

Great pics ready.
    Love a bit of Shrops.

alpin
    Free Member

Postimages.org is down….. ?

kimbers

Not the weekend

But been stressful lately so took the day off and spoiled myself with a big (for me- 56km) ride in the Peaks

Weather was hotter than forecast, so even though I got through 3 litres of energy drink and a magnum I was suffering badly by the end but it was glorious and amazingly empty

Never ridden Cave Dale descent before and well that was interesting on a hardtail!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/F7bsq5M

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.