Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Wow. Am I ever glad it’s dismal and rainy out there.
  • SaxonRider

I was beginning to think we were headed toward drought.

FFS.

fossy

Liar !

zippykona
    Kramer
    Free Member

It is somewhat ironic that two years ago we were worried about drought.

I blame myself for worrying about it at Dyfi bike park in May last year, the last time that everything was really dusty…

fasthaggis

I embrace all weather and seasons of our island ,an ever curious primate at one with the world,that’s me 😉

fossy

You know it’s bad when google/one drive ‘this time last year’ type memories pop up and there you were with a beer, sat outside a pub in a t-shirt. Or pictures of you on a ‘dusty trail’.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I can’t recall what the weather was like this time last year, but Easter week last year in early April was glorious, this weekend the best chance of no rain is Friday dinner until around Saturday dinner around Butser Hill… But god knows how damp the lanes and trails will be from the rain since at least Tuesday, even with it blowing a gale today.

dyna-ti

I’d to go out in that today, and it was torrential.

About a mile out I realized i was wearing two different gloves. One was waterproof, the other wasn’t 🙁

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yeah my mud was looking a little dehydrated

Houns

I work outdoors, I have 3 sets of waterproofs (2 of which I’ve had to buy in November) that I rotate and wear on alternate days, not one week since November have they been fully dry when I put them back on.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I got out for 22 miles on the winter road bike, a little windy but I didnt need the waterproof jacket I was wearing. I’m sure riding round Walna Scar tomorrow will be a different story though!

crazy-legs

You know it’s bad when google/one drive ‘this time last year’ type memories pop up

My ones of those today involved heavy snowfall in the Peak District (6 years ago maybe) and a riding holiday in the sunshine and warmth of Portugal (9 years ago).

🤔

Keva
    Free Member

so am I, waiting for my slightly spannered hamstring to recover is not quite so bad.

lunge

Yeah, it’s not great.

I’m in marathon training and have 6 hours of running planned over the next 3 days. I am not happy about being drenched for pretty much all of it.

stumpyjon

Yeah normally it’s so dry at this time of year the kids set fire to the moors around here over Easter. This year they are more likely to drown in a bog. Maybe an improvement. Irony alert though I’m halfway through installing some drains in my drive, it’s too wet to finish though as I can’t drop the concrete into standing water.

We have rain the in the forecast everyday for the next 20 days, heartily sick of it.

scotroutes

Rainfall around here has been pretty much average for the season. It was a bit wet today but the main trails dry very quickly. I do wish that Northerly wind would do one though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I work in a garden centre. We had a bit of a leak in the main store roof at some point in the night.

So we cleared up the chaos. The rain started again and now we have 2 750lt garden pond liners under there. I estimate at least 800lt water split between the two of them now.

Time to get them drained and ready for this evenings weather.

goslow

Rain? Got my washing dried outside today.

rOcKeTdOg

Just popped out to check potential conditions for the weekend ahead

😢

dannymite1981
    Free Member

Bricklayer here,I’ve been pretty much part time since early November due to the wettest 12 months I can remember.Which for me ain’t such a bad thing as renovating my house 😉

jeffl

Yep sick of it now. Garden is like a bog. I foolishly cleaned the bike after a ride on Sunday. Went out yesterday and I needn’t have bothered.

The worst part is that we get maybe two days of nice weather, things just start to dry out, then it pisses it down again. Rinse and repeat.

crazy-legs

Go-arounds and bouncy landings galore on Runway 27L at Heathrow!

Big Jet TV live stream:

Edit: 747 Cargo due in 4 minutes!

crazy-legs

A380 missed approach.
    The little prop Dash-8 had a very close call.

I’m no longer bothered by the rain outside my house, just watching Big Jet TV!

tjagain

Could be worse.   Ive been stuck in Inuvik  a tiny town in Canada’s arctic north for 2 days.  Road closed by bad weather.   At least another night looks likely

kelvin

How is that worse?

Sounds less dull, that’s for sure.

simondbarnes

Magical mystery tour for the Air India 787!

Screenshot 2024-03-28 18.54.52

reeksy

It’s been shite here too.

We had a flash drought back end of last year, fires everywhere.

Then a metre of rain since Xmas. My three local trail centres are all shut so there are bellends on Sir Ron’s  tearing them up.

jimmy

The irony of watching planes taking about our “changing climate”.

Been a great winter for getting into hill running!

Houns

With me laying a load of turf yesterday I assumed a heatwave and drought would’ve started today.

Poopscoop

tjagain
    Could be worse. Ive been stuck in Inuvik a tiny town in Canada’s arctic north for 2 days. Road closed by bad weather. At least another night looks likely

The fact you are in hiding from the Mounties is entirely of your own making and you know it.

Dickyboy

“It’s been shite here too.”

Yup, currently on the Sunshine Coast, yesterday was the first day it didn’t rain & one of the routes into the campsite we are off to is flooded. Not exactly what I expected holidaying in Australia 😕

sirromj

SaxonRider earlier

crazy-legs

Magical mystery tour for the Air India 787!

I saw the second of their go-arounds and then it was back in line and then it was off to Gatwick… 🤷

reeksy

Yup, currently on the Sunshine Coast, yesterday was the first day it didn’t rain & one of the routes into the campsite we are off to is flooded. Not exactly what I expected holidaying in Australia 😕

Oh dear. Where are you heading?

It’s beautiful today, I’m gravel riding through the forestry around the glasshouse mtns and hoping to not get cut off too much.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well my plans for the weekend may have to change.

They were:

Friday – work on the car on the drive
    Saturday – sell my art work at the outdoor market (from my pedlars cart with no rain cover)
    Sunday – Host the Dig Day at Southern4X Freespace track
    Monday – finish off any bits of the track that were left over.

They are now:

Friday to Sunday – Stand in the conservatory looking at the rain wondering if any gaps in it are big enough to actually do anything
    Monday – Stand in the living room and stare out of the window at the rain from a different perspective.

fossy

**** it.

Wet again on commute home. Bike washed. Cooked tea for daughter – me not hungry and MrsF out for a night out.

Got to watch Dune not interupted at last…., so finally got it after 2.5 watches at home.

FFS – not going to cinema for Episode 2… (I’ll watch that 4x at home).

Easter weather can ‘**** off’… unless it stops bloody raining so I can do stuff at home.

Dickyboy

“It’s beautiful today, I’m gravel riding through the forestry around the glasshouse mtns and hoping to not get cut off too much.”

Very close to you then 🙂, currently at my sisters in Maleny, going camping at Borumba Deer Park for the weekend, forecast looking pretty good now.

Ambrose

I awoke here in Blaenau Ffestiniog with a monumental hangover. I’m 62 next week, I have way too much experience of what whisky does to me…but….

It had snowed overnight. The sun was blazing, the first time in living memory possibly.

So I went back to sleep, only to finally surface at 10ish. Mrs A had gone for a walk up to a snowy Cwmorthin.

Off we trotted to Coed y Brenin. Snow melted. Rain came down. Soaking wet. SO cold. The dog was absolutely filthy.

This time last year I was riding dusty trails in Portugal.

FB_IMG_1711650577205FB_IMG_1711650577205FB_IMG_1711650565453FB_IMG_1711650596749FB_IMG_1711650589343FB_IMG_1711650557459

reeksy

Very close to you then 🙂, currently at my sisters in Maleny, going camping at Borumba Deer Park for the weekend, forecast looking pretty good now.

Yep. I’m pretty close. Have fun. Get to Purple Palate for your booze before you go 😀

fasthaggis

@Ambrose

I awoke here in Blaenau Ffestiniog with a monumental hangover.

That’s the first line of your novel sorted 😉 😜

Even my default ‘just get on with it’ has taken a hit.

I had planned a mini motorbike tour next week visiting groups of friends in the affluent effluent* South ,but it would get a bit tiring having to dry out all my riding gear each day.

*Thames Water joke 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.