Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Would you buy a house with subsidence history
  • midlifecrashes

That house is clearly still moving, from the fresh cracking etc. Needs a ton of other work. Are those soffit boards asbestos? If so, where else in the house? Not saying it couldn't be a nice house with a load of time and money thrown at it, but if you're on contract work and may need to sell before all the work is done and any remedial work for movement has had time and paperwork to make it more sellable again. So, tree removal, engineers reports, underpin, pointing and repairs, whatever the artex is hiding, full decoration etc. I'd be walking.

coffeeking
    Free Member

mmm I'm coming round to that way of thinking to be honest. Just looks like such an opportunity, but I'm aware it's more likely to be a noose.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I would not bother it is only a house and the costs could be far more than initially planned for not matter what engineers and surveyors tell you. Once building work starts and you really see what is there then you can get a near costing, just not worth the risk especially with the market how it is. Unless you getting property for peanuts and I mean far less than figure you have quoted.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a house with subsidence history’ is closed to new replies.