Home Forums Bike Forum Would it be weird to sell used shorts/tights ?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Would it be weird to sell used shorts/tights ?
  • DrJ

Just getting back to cycling after a long layoff – I’ve made some mistakes with sizes and styles and so I have a few pairs of shorts and tights that I won’t be using, but are in good nick, only worn a couple of times. I should have realised that I wouldn’t wear them and returned them to the shop, but I didn’t. I’m wondering if selling shorts is weird (due to the “no underwear” thing), or shall I list them on classifieds?

brads
    Free Member

Not really. If they are undamaged and properly laundered .

Let’s face it , some are far too expensive to just bin

scaredypants

It’s fine.  You just have to accept that you’ll be selling to a pervert

DrJ

You just have to accept that you’ll be selling to a pervert

I take that for granted :-)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Find the right special interest site and you might get more than you paid for them.

On a serious note, over shorts or no padded tights, maybe. No offence, but if it’s touched your gooch, it’s a no from me.

leffeboy

zero problem with it, in fact have done it before.  Lets face it, your average hotel towel has been used to dry a 1000 arses before yours

leffeboy

edit: deleted – wrong threaad somehow

Daffy

Do they come with a picture of you modelling the fit? Asking for a friend…

DrJ

Do they come with a picture of you modelling the fit? Asking for a friend…

That would be a really niche market.

garethjw

Never sold a liner (I want no contact with the kind of person who’d buy one) but I’ve sold a couple of outer shorts and a pair of trousers. People buy second-hand clothes all the time.

Speshpaul

Nope, the weird is on the buyer.

spending £20 on some washed bibs – not weird

spending £950 on eBay (so there’s at least 2) on a female YouTuber/expro skinsuit…… very weird

Houns

How much for them unwashed?

fatface1
    Free Member

They’ll go on Vinted no problem if they are good quality at a good price. I’ve bought a lot of virtually new cycling clothing on there including a pair of bib tights.

kennyp
    Free Member

More weird to buy them than to sell.

thols2

Not really. If they are undamaged and properly not laundered .

FTFY. Orange is the New Black spent most of a season on the profit structure of selling underpants. I think branding is the key for business ventures like this.

brads
    Free Member

Branding , like putting you’re “mark” on them first .

ThePinkster

Someone I used to work with did a sideline in selling ‘his wife’s’ unwashed tights for a fair amount. And did quite a bit of business with it.

What the purchasers didn’t realise was that the vast majority of them were actually worn by him at work before he posted them out

All I can say is that there are some very different people out there.

jimmy

I’ve bought 2nd hand shorts before, some Endura STs off here 14 years ago. The arse split in them almost immediately but MsJimmy sewed them up and they’ve been going strong since, won’t die. Not bad for I think £10 or £15.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I sold two pairs of rapha bib shorts on vinted a month or so back. Sold both in a couple of hours!

MoreCashThanDash

I sold two pairs of rapha bib shorts on vinted a month or so back. Sold both in a couple of hours!

Hinted seems to be the Rapha outlet of choice for most of our club – some people have got some amazing bargains on barely worn kit (admittedly they only mention tops).

slowoldman

I agree with leffeboy re. hotel towels.

vlad_the_invader

Do those BUYING second hand/used chamois boil wash them first???

(I’m hoping hotel towels get a bloody good boil/very hot wash with a strong detergent….)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.