Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Worst bike colour schemes?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

To counter the other thread running currently, please share your most-gopping paintjobs.

I’ll get the ball rolling with one of my own former steeds…

Should have worn a paper bag over my head when out on it.

monkeyboyjc

Anything tan / sand……

Kuco

The paint splatter job on 89 Kona Cindercone.

tjagain

Huge logos everywhere – made worse by bright colours.  Hideous

singlespeedstu

Bright red frames.
    Anything anodised purple.
    Colours that are almost the same but not quite.

zerocool

The brown and tan fashions (Kona Stinky and pretty much everything year).
    Garish clashing colour schemes with large logos.

Too many matching components (less is more), you know when someone adds, pedals, rims, hubs, cranks, stem, bars and grips all on the same bike.

multi21
    Free Member

The current Boardman range looks really cheap and the decals look naff.

Shame, as a few years ago they looked good.

chakaping
    Free Member

The current Boardman range

This one is very gopping, but how much is the disgusting frame shape vs. the colours?

More pics please folks.

dirkpitt74

Anything in Austin Allegro Beige……

sharkattack

chakaping
    Free Member

Agreed on the sand colours, and this one is made even worse by the silver parts and gimmicky suspension…

dove1

Anything matt black. Dull, dull, dull.

ayjaydoubleyou

Anything sand, beige, yellow, orange etc combined with Kashima stachions.

tomhoward

Well, my next project has elements of a fair few posts here, so maybe give my next new bike day thread a swerve 😊.

The trouble with matching (or trying to) with kashima is the colour is a little like Forrest Gump’s mums box of chocolates…

matt_outandabout

Anything with those Enve huge logo wheels that match cables and frame decals.

andrewh
    Free Member

It would appear that a lot of people on here don’t like brown.
    I have a brown Roadrat.
    Great bike, but I too hate the colour.
    The advantage of it is that since everyone else does too it was significantly cheaper than a black one🤣

tjagain

Coloured anodised components in garish colours.  HIdeous especially when they do not match or deliberately clash

spanishfly
    Free Member
    georgesdad

My bike is matte black with purple anodised everything. And I like it. So there 😂

My brother has the same bike but in a hideous bright orangey-red, and has anodised blue everything. Looks **** awful. It’s an affront to those blessed with the gift of sight.

My dad has a sand coloured Cube with orange bits and tanwall tyres, and it looks mega.

I think stealth is always better than anything in yo’ face tbh.

endomick
    Free Member

Huge rim decals in orange,yellow,green or pink are hideous. Enve, Reynolds, Six element especially. Also, weird shades of green frames that don’t go with anything.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Aything black or matt.
    I’ll gp with black tyres and possible cables but otherwise foul.

jamiemcf

I had a blue foxy with yellow decals. I colour matched the pro4 hubs etc blue. Then when I snapped it mondraker sent me a black frame with white decals so now everything clashes. Luckily I don’t have time to wash it much so it’s harder to see the colour clash.

But brown and beige looks more gopping.

tomhoward

@spanishfly you’ll be pleased to know it’s had an outing at a biblically wet Bike Park Wales today, and after a day of riding, it looks…

The same.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Bright red frames.

Nah, very useful for finding bike in the foliage after emergency eject.

tomd
    Free Member

I had a metallic jobby brown willier gravel bike.

Willier said burnished bronze but really it was as tenuous as Aberdeen’s claim to be the silver city.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

‘Chip shop curry’ was the official name for a colour by Ragley a few years back.

Made the paint on Austin Princess’ look acceptable.

matt_outandabout

On One need an honourable mention.

abingham

One of mine from quite a few years ago. Either untouchably cool, or horrendously OTT – your call.

In defence of the bartape, it was my 6 year old (at the time)’s choice and I couldn’t say no.

Allez

p7eaven
    Free Member

Coloured anodised components in garish colours. HIdeous especially when they do not match or deliberately clash

+1. I got a (used) bike build that had been specced with Hope everything. Unfortunately the bloke (bless him it was his pride and joy) attempted to match the blue bike-name sticker with blue-anodised Hope bling, ie QR levers, B/B-cups, headset, even the (non-Hope) control-cable nipples. It would cost me more than I could either afford or justify to change it all b(l)ack. The parts don’t even match the blue sticker. At all. Some don’t even match each other.

I sold the wheel-skewers to be fair. I suppose I could sell the bling off in parts. Sell one, buy one. Then it will finally be my pride and joy. Albeit boring looking. Horses for courses.

At least it wasn’t this (apologies in case):

luv2ride
    Free Member

Not sure I should’ve read this thread…. I give you:

Anything tan / sand……

The paint splatter job on 89 Kona Cindercone

mine’s now converted to 1×11 but will revert to SS for winter (it’s paint splatter, but not sure how compares to the 89 cindercone!)

nuke

Been hovering over the buy button for an Intense Sniper T for months but for various reasons (mostly financial!), haven’t hit buy but the paint scheme doesn’t help…

kerley
    Free Member

The paint splatter job on 89 Kona Cindercone.

I bought one of those brand new at the time because it was a great bike to ride. I never liked the paint job but still bought it anyway.

escrs
    Free Member

Specailized’s current trend of not fading two colours into each other on down tubes but making it look like they masked off the frame to paint two different colours then just removed the masking tape and left it like that

Just what you want on 8-13k bikes!

Specialized-S-WORKS-Turbo-Levo-29-Electric-Mountain-Bike-2022-White-Silver

Specialized-LEVO-EXPERT-CARBON-2022-CARB-SMK-BLK-Rutland-Cycling

edd

Black is dull (I have a black bike), my new bike is silver, which is also quite dull. For anodised parts I like pewter/ gunsmoke – why did Hope stop doing gunsmoke?

purple_moose
    Free Member

Definitely agree on the too many matching components. Someone I used to know loved adding blue components to their bike – blue bar, blue stem, blue anodizing on the grips, blue cranks, chainring and so on – it was just too much

In recent years the colour of Santa Cruz bikes – they seemed to be at the forefront of the bad shades for brown trend

wordnumb
    Free Member

escrs sed about>
    flapjack

I couldn’t ride that without wanting
    bike

scotroutes

I would have suggested matt grey but I actually bought a Cube Nutrail – on offer- in grey and black and it’s not too bad after all. I wasn’t fussed about the colour when I bought it as I’d planned to transfer all the components onto a Ti frame but I’ve still not got around to ordering that.

didnthurt

It’s not hard to build a good looking bike imho as long you stick to the following:
    – Black frame and black everything else.
    – Black frame and a few choice coloured parts but not too many.
    – Bright coloured frame with all black components.
    – Stay away from big logos

didnthurt

Or just buy a Trek as their colours (the ones I’ve seen of late) are lush.

dyna-ti

Yellow with the usual black. Too wasp like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Worst bike colour schemes?’ is closed to new replies.