Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Women's 4x100m – What could be better than
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

a world record?

A world record that wipes the massively doped East German world record from the history books!

Superb stuff!

highclimber
    Free Member

The GB mens team should take some lessons from them!

chakaping
    Free Member

Awesome performance

Harry_the_Spider

The 3rd American was a blur.

donsimon
    Free Member

What time does it start?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well I guess if you’re sure this one wasn’t doped, then all is fine. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Y Darc, I have waaaay more faith in this one than the East Germans!

timc
    Free Member

1st Jamaican & 2nd American were my personal faves

nick1962
    Free Member

….a shower and rub down with the top two teams…. 😛

chakaping
    Free Member

They do seem a very pleasant group of young ladies.

anokdale
    Free Member

Awesome, i hear the two Turks who came first and second have been questioned by other runners in the 1500, hope we dont get lots of post games bannings.

donsimon
    Free Member

hope we dont get lots of post games bannings.

Wasn’t one of them banned previously? Might this suppose that bans don’t work?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, 1500 winner was given a 2yr ban after testing positive at the Junior World Championships.

Not good.

djglover
    Free Member

Oooh, she could crush a grape.

brakes
    Free Member

I think I could run a 10s 100m with one of those banshees screaming at me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The GB mens team should take some lessons from them!

East Germans or Yanks

loum
    Free Member

I have waaaay more faith in this one than the East Germans!

Even with Jeter’s history?

aracer
    Free Member

East Germans or Yanks

One of the British mens team previously took advice from the East Germans.

DezB
    Free Member

or are they all blokes with their dicks tucked inside

Not sure which Olympics you’ve been watching…
    Allison Felix is lovely.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Great run and as you say even better to have the cheaters record expunged.

While we’re here great to see the Bahamas win the men’s 4×400.

Pook

wonder if any top American coaches are going to call it “disturbing”?

convert

Allyson Felix is just lovely to watch and not just in a letching kind of way!

Jetter has made some very poor coaching decisions if she wanted to be seen as without suspicion and the yanks can’t make too many jibes about expunging dodgy East German records – not with Flo Jo holding the 100&200m records with times that most think will never been beaten and the whole Carl Lewis suppressed positives scandal.

Shame really, but on the bright side it makes cycling look better!

loum
    Free Member

wonder if any top American coaches are going to call it “disturbing”?

To be fair, most of the “disturbing” questions being asked are around Jeter’s coaching and management, and are from within the American athletics circles. And the facts are, she’s never failed a drugs test.

Technically, she is no longer employs Mark Block, the US sprint coach/manager currently serving a 10 year ban for, amongst others, doping his wife (2001 world 100m champion Zhanna Pintusevich-Block). She is now managed by an employee of Totalsports – the management consultancy company Block set up before his ban.
    And Mark Block’s continued presence at her race meets since his 10 year ban started is because he is a “very close friend” of hers, and not now in any official management capacity.

Questions are being asked about Carmelita Jeter’s relationship with figures involved in the BALCO steroid scandal. (AP)
    American medal-winning sprinters Carmelita Jeter and Jason Richardson have been unapologetic this week about their relationship with a man banned from the sport for his involvement in the BALCO drug scandal.
    LetsRun.com reporter Weldon Johnson questioned both Jeter and Richardson after their medal performances in the 200-meter dash and the 110-meter hurdles, respectively, about their willingness to associate with banned track agent and former collegiate track coach Mark Block. In 2011, Block was banned by the U.S. Anti-Doping Association for 10 years for “participation in the trading and trafficking of prohibited substances including ‘the cream’ and ‘the clear,'” but both Jeter and Richardson have admitted to spending time with him this year. Per LetsRun.com, Block was spotted at the U.S. Olympic Trials in June.
    Speaking to Johnson, neither athlete was happy to be asked about the topic, but neither shied away from their relationship with Block, either.

“Mark Block is a close friend of mine,” Jeter said. “He’s a very close friend of mine and I love him dearly. Whatever happened with Mark Block before I came to Mark Block has absolutely nothing to do with me. I love that man. I love his family. I love his daughter. And I don’t know how some people are raised but I was raised to always be friends with someone and to have loyalty with people.
    “And if he got in trouble for whatever he got in trouble for that does not mean I still do not care for him, that does not mean I do not still consider him a close friend of mine because that is exactly what he is.”

Richardson echoed those sentiments when told that Jeter had been asked the same question.
    “I will say to you that everybody makes a mistake,” he said. “I don’t know the exactly the details of Mark’s mistake. I know Mark made the mistake completely before I met him. I will say Mark has never gone outside of any lines of friendship. Now if you choose to determine who I’m supposed be friends with, by all means feel righteous enough to … tell me what to do.”

A U.S. Track and Field spokesperson told Yahoo! Sports that the governing body has no power to prevent athletes from associating with who they choose, saying Block’s ban applies “only [to] that individual.”

Despite their defensiveness, Jeter’s and Richardson’s association with Block will do nothing to ward off the suspicions aroused by both athletes’ decision to train under highly controversial track coach John Smith. Smith has his own ties to the BALCO scandal and founder Victor Conte, saw several of his athletes test positive for doping in the middle of the last decade, and is closely tied to sports agency Total Sports–the agency for which Block worked before his ban, and which now represents both Jeter and Richardson.

Doping suspicions have dogged Jeter ever since she began working with Smith in 2009 and subsequently dropped her personal best in the 100-meter dash by a third of a second at age 30. Her personal best of 10.64, set in September of 2009, is the fastest 100 meter time run by a woman since Florence Griffith-Joyner, even faster than admitted doper and BALCO client Marion Jones.

Jeter and Richardson each deserve the benefit of the doubt, without question, since neither has ever failed a drug test or had any doping evidence to their names beyond their association with Smith and Block. But their fervent defense of a man so closely tied to BALCO that he’s no longer even allowed to take part in the sport won’t make offering that benefit any easier.
    http://www.cbssports.com/olympics/blog/eye-on-olympics/19769233/us-track-medalists-jeter-richardson-defend-association-with-banned-agent

aracer
    Free Member

she’s never failed a drugs test.

Just like Marion Jones

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Women's 4x100m – What could be better than’ is closed to new replies.