Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Women "tidying up"
  • aracer
    Free Member

Just missed going to my little boy’s tumbletots session – last one of the summer, and my one chance in the week to actually go out and meet other people. Mrs aracer had “tidied up” my car keys – eventually found them somewhere I’d never have put them. Why do they have to do that?

joao3v16
    Free Member

my wife does this all the time in our house. she likes everything tidied away and out of sight.

sometimes I think it would be easier if I didn’t live there, cluttering up the place with my posessions.

🙂

of course, it’s important not to get confused between ‘tidying up’ with ‘just shoving things anywhere out of sight to make the place look tidy’

Stoner
    Free Member

there’s a place for everything and everything in its place. Until Mrs Stoner redefines “place”.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In our house, I am THE MASTER of loosing things. Even when I KNOW where it is, it’s not there……
    😕 😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

My other half insists that she always puts things in the “proper place”. It’s just that she invents a new proper place every time. Often literally. A new, labelled box or drawer containing that one item will appear.

I was trying to find a mobile phone charger for the car the other day. Gave up eventually. Certainly wasn’t in the “batteries & chargers” drawer. Mrs triumphantly pulled it out of the “car” slot in the filing cabinet (where we keep insurance documents, etc.)!!! 🙄

binners

Did you look for them properly though? Or did you just have a ‘man-look’?

rocketman
    Free Member

We had some big fights about ‘tidying’ when we first got married. Now if I misplace something, it is my fault and mine alone.

“Have you seen my keys?”
    “Sorry” 😉

ononeorange

The proper place for something is where they happen to fall. Anything else will not end well.

“Labelled boxes and drawers”???!!!!!! (Above)

emsz
    Free Member

Answer: don’t leave your crap lying about the place? 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Yes I looked properly – checked all the places I might have left them (down the side of the sofa, in the pockets of any trousers I’d been wearing, still in the door of the car etc.) several times. I even checked the officially designated shelf for keys. Clearly I should have remembered that the kitchen windowsill is the place she likes to tidy things up to.

I would have put in lots of censored swear words, random caps etc., but still fuming too much to manage that.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine does the same. Decides that something that has lived perfect well in one place is now going to leave somewherte else and sees no reason to consult or inform me.

I might pay half the mortgage but I still end up feeling like a visitor in her house!

highclimber
    Free Member

when I was younger, my mum was fanatical about things being left on the side and would ‘tidy’ things away. when I ask where my things are, she would reply with ‘where they should be’. I thought they ‘should be’ where I left them but apparently not!

crazy-legs

My Grandparents, when they began getting old and confused, somehow went into this “tidying up” mode where they’d move random crap around the place. Anything and everything, if they got fed up of it, the stuff would end up in the garage or the garden or the bathroom with no thought given as to how important it was.

When my Mum had to clear the house out after they died, it took her months to find all the deeds, legal stuff, statements etc cos they were randomly scattered about the house with no organisation whatsoever

brakes
    Free Member

I might pay half the mortgage but I still end up feeling like a visitor in her house

+1, but visitors get treated better

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but I still end up feeling like a visitor in her house!

The girl I’ve been seeing has now tidied my house top to bottom. I have absolutely no problem with women who like to keep the place clean as long as I don’t have to be involved in the process.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Did you look for them properly though? Or did you just have a ‘man-look’?

Bloody hell, I though we made that phrase up!

brakes
    Free Member

The girl I’ve been seeing has now tidied my house top to bottom

ah, she’s performed the cleansing ritual
    all your house are belong to her now

votchy
    Free Member

Mrs Votchy goes one better than that, she tidies up then when I ask where something is she says she can’t remember where she put it, leave it the f*ck alone then is my immediate thought!!!!

lowey

When my ex was still at home, If I stood still for longer than 5 minuets I found myself in a draw.

redwoods
    Free Member

As soon as I saw this I knew Onzadog would be in here 😆

(Mrs Onzadog)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Give him hell when he gets home 🙂

Infact – just move his favourite chair!

mboy
    Free Member

I may live in a mess (understatement perhaps!), but I also know where everything is.

Enter a woman in my life, and things get “tidied away” 😕

Exit woman from my life, and I can find everything again! 😀

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn thinks the proper place for anything is a drawer.

There are only 38 drawers in our house.

Oh, and a psychologist will confirm that if you go round looking while muttering “I’ve lost the car keys” you won’t see them, even when you’re looking at them. You need to chant “I’m looking for my keys”.

alfabus
    Free Member

my missus likes to put things ‘away’. this can mean any number of things, but normally it means that it gets put inside or on top of whatever is nearby.

we have some bankers boxes in the study for filing. I looked in one of the boxes the other day to find a utility bill and I found:
    – Paperwork (meant to be there)
    – Picture hooks
    – Head torch
    – Penknife
    – USB stick
    – Pot of pens (a jam jar full of pens – why does this need to be filed!!)

Crazy.

Dave

Bunnyhop

Boys, boys, I do tidy up, but it all has a proper place and as Lowey says mr bh will one day be ‘put in his place’ 🙂

The trick is just to ask, because I know where everything is, then there isn’t the frantic searching around that used to happen when we lived in 2 different parts of the country.

aracer
    Free Member

The trick is just to ask

Not so easy when she’s not here.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Quite disappointed, I thought this was going to be a ‘foliage’ thread.

BigJohn

– Picture hooks

At least one in every drawer, unless needed.

Bunnyhop

We’ve had a few fallings out of the tidying up system that I have.
    So mr bh is in charge of the garage (which is a shambles and he can never find anything) and I’m in charge of the shed, green house and house. Where everything has proper place and God help mr bh if he moves the object/article.

Lucas
    Free Member

My job to pay the bills etc. So a bill arrives, I open it and leave it in sight so I don’t forget to pay it. Immediatly she moves it to a pile of ‘important’ papers. this pile can randomly move around the house and contains shuch important things as the free newspaper adverts and vouchers.

We also used to have 3 fruit bowls – 2 are now just bowls with crap in them. But you can’t see all the crap so it’s tidy.

mrben100
    Free Member

I do what bunnyhop says.

As soon as I need soemthing I ask Mrs B.

She is now p*ssed off though as now I don’t bother looking for anything – she’s made a rod for her back though as she always knows, just makes me less likely to look myself. Not going to pointlessly waste energy.

My response is generally ‘Why have a dog and bark yourself’……needless to say a few of my things go missing soon after 😉

wwaswas

We have a stair fairy in our house.

If I put something on the bottom few steps of the stairs ‘to take up later’ I find that if I go upstairs saying ‘I’ll take that next time I go up’ 3 or 4 times then, magically, it’ll be not only upstairs, but put away when I finally think ‘I’ll do it now’.

this has only happened since I’ve not been single so I can only imagine that my wife brought this magical creature with her.

My son has started to make use of it as well, I notice.

stumpy01

Wow!

There genuinely are others with this problem!
    My OH has a great nack of tidying things away so they are out of sight, but as mentioned above, they don’t go in their ‘proper place’, they just get put out of sight.
    I have purposefully left paperwork out before that needs dealing with so in the morning I see it and remember i need to act on it. But, it has been tidied away (but not where we normally put all our paperwork) by the morning & gets forgotten.

The places things get put are so illogical, they can only be dreamt up in the female mind!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh hold on, just realised it is actually about women tidying up. Sorry, as you were.

elgolfo

Women find it easier to tidy-up downstairs as they can use their hand as a template
    ®JohnBishop

amedias
    Free Member

ah, but do any of you suffer from the even worse fate….

of being asked if *you* know where *she* put her $lost_thing

the other one that infuriates me, which is not specific to a gender, is people who disturb you from whatever it is you’re doing to ask verbally where something is, before they’ve looked, only to stop almost mid-sentence as they realise they are looking directly at it. Arrrgh!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ha! The wife followed me here, made comment but still had nothing to offer in her defence.

If anyone can’t find singletrack right now, it’s because she’s moved it to a different draw without telling anyone.

wombat

As I’m a foot taller than Mrs Wombat I find that storing things on the top shelf is sufficient to make sure that they stay where I want them. 8)

I do on occasion have a “reorganise” of the bookshelves/drawers/kitchen cupboards if I’m left to my own devices for a day or so just to make sure that everything is where it should be for at least a couple of days.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have purposefully left paperwork out before that needs dealing with so in the morning I see it and remember i need to act on it. But, it has been tidied away (but not where we normally put all our paperwork) by the morning & gets forgotten

This. Or it’s something I have received in the post and needs to go in the garage/on the bike (which reminds me, where is that spare mech hanger and set of bearings?)

I have given up, she has broken me. I don’t even ask where it has been put any more, as I usually get something along the lines of, ‘where it should have been in the first place’. Another alternative is, ‘In the paperwork box’, of which there are about 10 secreted away in or on various shelves, cupboards and drawers around the house.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

only to stop almost mid-sentence as they realise they are looking directly at it. Arrrgh

If this happens when they are actually talking to you, surely that can only be because you have the thing they are looking for. What the bloody hell are you doing with it anyway?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Women "tidying up"’ is closed to new replies.