Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Women "tidying up"
  • wwaswas

because you have the the thing they are looking for.

“Have you seen my husband? Don’t worry, here he is”

zokes
    Free Member

Mine does the paperwork thing too. I think the next stage to this will be for her to leave her birthday list lying around. No doubt she’ll then tidy it away, and I need no longer worry…

thomthumb
    Free Member

i had only had the option of 3 pairs of shoes to wear to wear to work on monday –

option 1 – patent leather brothel creepers
    option 2 – size small fake havaianas
    option 3 – 10 year old battered converse, bit muddy from the last festival i went to!!

Cheers love.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amedias
    Free Member

If this happens when they are actually talking to you, surely that can only be because you have the thing they are looking for. What the bloody hell are you doing with it anyway?

you must have missed the bit about

people who disturb you from whatever it is you’re doing

ie: calling you into another room to say “have you seen my…” only to be swifty followed by “oh there it is”

at which point you’re allowed to go back to whaetever it was you were doing in the first place.

For the record this is normally when you are deep in the middle of either a very interesting book, mid-way through the pivotal scene of a great dramatic movie, or doing some very delicate job requiring 8 fingers and the steady hand of a surgeon to perform

cookeaa

My Missus has a Long History of this sort of thing, Generally we agree Important Letters, Bills, etc will go in a Certain place (I have bought and labeled various box files and folders over the years), and I’ll put them there, then find they’ve gone walkabout, she “Tidys up” about once a month, it’s a sort of Fraught Whirlwind combining disorganisation and whinging that normally results in various items being dumped in the spare room, and anything useful I previously knew the location of is now missing, If I dare ask where it’s gone I’m informed that I should Stop “having a Go” at Her and should Keep track of things, pointing out that I had done just this until she decided to bollocks up the system does not seem to help her mood. It’s often easier is I just do a bit of forensic archeology and find things for myself…

The odd thing is that I never loose my keys (Touch wood) where she probably only ever knows where Hers are ~20% or the time, she once called me at work (2 hours overdue herself) informing me that she was unable to leave the house as I’d locked the Door when I left (At her request to deter the various Imaginary criminals that roam our neighbourhood) and she couldn’t find her own keys to free herself, I suggested various locations none of which yielded her keys, Eventually she climbed out of a Window (and of course left it slightly Ajar to Aid any passing burglars) and made it in to work 3 hours late. The Keys were found 2 days later in one of Her various Bags (many of which also contain uneaten Fruit for some reason)….

I also do the washing up most days While Her take on this particular task is to leave various things in 2″ of Bacteria ridden water for 12 hours and then complain that I need to wash up as she “did it this morning”….

If she cooks she’ll use most of the pans and leave any packaging or stuff that should go back in the fridge or cupboard out on the side and complain that there isn’t enough space…

If she changes our Daugters Nappy during the Day she’ll leave the Bag(s) by the change mat rather than take them out to the bin (Assuming there are Nappy sacks easily to hand, if not the nappy is just left to one side and ignored), Most days I will comehome and imediately have to take out 4-5 stinking nappies the smell of which she has smoehow become immune to….

Basically She is not been properly Domesticated, But then that’s not really what attracted me to her in the first place, every “Domestic Godess” I’ve ever know has bee as boring as Sin, My Missus is Fun and there is never a Dull Day with her, I’ll put up with the Mess and the Sporadic stab at “Tidying” as overall I’m still rather fond of her… For now at least.

joao3v16
    Free Member

When my wife moved in I gave her complete autonomy over the cleaning, tidying and general room layout etc etc

The only caveat being DON’T TOUCH/MOVE MY BIKE STUFF.

She moves/touches my bike stuff 😡

🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

She moves/touches my bike stuff

yeah, but she also lets you boink her, seems like a reasonable exchange.

NJA

My wife has an interesting take on this – a bit like a stately home. We have public rooms, the Hallway, Living Room, Dining Room, Downstairs Loo etc where everything has to be neat and tidy, no outward signs that they might be lived in. This is because people might come round and think badly of us if there was an abandoned pair of shoes in the hall.

In the rooms where visitors are unlikely she is like a normal person.

It’s completely irrational as the only people who ever call round are friends and family.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nope. I’m the one who tidies up after my wife much of the time. Had to impose a system of hooks for keys otherwise she took mine.. She’s not very bad but is a b****** for hiding important paperwork or ignoring it..

aracer
    Free Member

So anybody like to take a guess at whose fault it actually was my keys got tidied away somewhere I couldn’t find them?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yours, for leaving them in a place they did not belong?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I never lose anything, it’s always in the pockets of the trousers I wore the previous day, (because I wear the trousers).

allthegear
    Free Member

(because I wear the trousers).

lolololol – yeah – you think so!!

Rachel

Sandwich

My personal favourite is when things get moved and there is the “I haven’t touched it” denial. Then why is it now in this drawer?
    Mrs S visited her mother recently and the kitchen drawers received a clear out. What a lot of crap went in the bin, old film canisters, cracker novelties and dead batteries.

NZCol

We have 86,000 labelled shoe boxes for everything other than shoes. However, despite this alphabetical, organised system my stuff still ends up rammed in various drawers etc.

emma82
    Free Member

My other half is useless at finding things, even when I tell him exactly where it is although I won’t lie, I do tidy things up to random places sometimes, usually because I’m in a rush. I do find things sometimes when we are both looking and move it discretely to somewhere really obvious just to make him paranoid 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I got for the “Where does the XXXXXX live today?” aproach. Gets right on her tits.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Cookeaa – Are you married to my wife as well? 😯

PJM1974
    Free Member

The missus’s mum tidies stuff away with the caveat “I leave it where I know you’ll find it!”.

Which is why half the stuff I need at any one time ends up in the kids’ bedroom.

samuri
    Free Member

Typically, I’ve got it all wrong. I’m the one who gets wound up by the house being messy while my wife could just take it or leave it. She’ll tidy up if someone is coming round but apart from that, our house is normally a shithole.

When she does tidy up for a special visitor, she’ll complain like mad about how messy the house is. She’ll start clearing off all her crap from the kitchen table while simultaneously stating how nobody ever tidies up round here.

Yep, that’ll be because you hit the roof if I try tidying your stuff up.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

My ex was a nightmare, at least she was consistent though. If you lost something you just had to remember where it was and then locate the nearest drawer as things always got swept to the nearest out of sight point. Things did get silly though when the drawers got full. Not sure what’s worse though as the currant OH never puts anything away and the place is a shithole.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I “man look” all the time, but in my defence your honour I do have specific places for stuff, just my OH has different places for the same stuff..
    hahaha.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

aracer – Member

So anybody like to take a guess at whose fault it actually was my keys got tidied away somewhere I couldn’t find them?

Yours of course.

big_scot_nanny

Did you look for them properly though? Or did you just have a ‘man-look’?

Bloody hell, I though we made that phrase up!

Brilliant, my son and I have the same ‘man look’ genes, its hilarious. Daughter can always find stuff. freaky!

I also have a famous ‘Man Drawer’ in the kitchen sideboard, you know, random screws, batteries, wallet, keys, passport, screwdrivers, ikea allen key, old but diritcal receipts, free dust caps, you know.

Mrs BSN puts son’s passport into MY man drawer, me in rush leaving for flight… I’ll leave you to figure out consequences!

not. my. fault! 😉

Kev

cookeaa

Cookeaa – Are you married to my wife as well?

Could be, Although we’ve been together a bit over 5 years, we only tied the knot a week and a half ago, considering the number of quite significant things she looses/forgets a previous Marriage could well have been overlooked…

Although I’m technically a “Newly Wed” I think my time served “living in sin” fully qualifies me to comment on the various failuires of all Woman kind with some authority, my life prior to marriage was effectively the same but we had more savings and 2 less bits of Jewelry (Yet another thing for Her to missplace)…

Actually that’s another one, Accessorize have alot to answer for! Like many of you no doubt any evidence that I’m into bikes has to be kept out of sight all my kit in the garage, or stuffed in random cupboards but her ever expanding collection of Cheap plastic Jewelry has a habit of spreading it’s official “homes” are the 2 substantial Jewelry boxes on to of a chest of drawers in our Bedroom, but it now covers the entire top of those and both bedside tables, various places in the kitchen, Lounge and Bathroom have a couple of bits, and just about every door or drawer handle, Banister or coat hook is apparently fair game for the storage of Necklaces and Bracelets…

cheers_drive

I want to know that seeing as women are so organised about the house and know where everything is, then why do they not know that they have lip balm / perfume / moisturiser / water / sun lotion / deodorant / random liquid in their handbag when they go through airport check in?!

HansRey

i’m moving in with girlfriend on the weekend. We’ll have a 24m^2 studio with two bikes in it. Tidying for two will be a nightmare 😀

cookeaa

@Hans your own personal clutter will expand/contract to suit the volume allowed by your missus, you have no say in this matter, effectively you agreed to it when you signed the joint lease… Good Luck. I’d start looking for a bigger place NOW!

NZCol

My wife ‘lost’ her takeaway sushi under the passenger seat of my RS4. I mean lost as in she ate half then forgot it was there. I thought I had inadvertently run something over that was jammed in the radiator from the smell. She is now frisked before entering my vehicle, intimately. 😀

binners

cookeaa – Thanks – that’s really tickled me this morning 😀

If you think you’ve got problems with her ‘expanding collection of Cheap plastic Jewelry’, then pray you never have daughters. There really is no limit to the number of hair-slides, bobbles, bracelets, and headbands. They accumulate on every surface, apparently breeding like bacteria

VanHalen

we have a truce whereby i`m allowed a ‘useful drawer’. she is apparently allowed a ‘useful house’ although i dont remember signing up to this.

she has a habit of writing important things on scrap paper/envelopes etc. i generally do the recycling and i cant tell whats scrap and whats important. this causes issues.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Oh god. I have a daughter. she’s just reaching the age of ‘accoutriments'(sp?) now.

The nearest I’ve found to a solution is to remove as many flat surfaces from the house as possible. This way, they can’t have things put on them.

Replace with cupboards or drawers wherever possible and hold the only key to the garage if you wish it to remain sacrosanct.

I do realise the floor is flat – but using the side of your foot can, when mastered well, act like a snow plough for ‘stuff’.

ourmaninthenorth

On Saturday, as we left to go to freinds’ for a BBQ, Mrs North announced “I cannot live with this mess any more.” She had a point – we had let things slide quite badly.

So, I spent much of Sunday (thankfully it was raining, and I had no desire for riding) tidying up and cleaning. What did she – the instigator of the displeasure at the untidiness – do? Absolutely SFA. Watched me do the whole lot.

However, I’m nice, so I didn’t harrangue her into knolling her knicker drawer….

Tidying up:

Bimbler
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about lady gardens, disappointed.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Wife asked me where several bits of her biking kit was thi morning. I was able to tell he exactly where all of it was and also where other bits of kit were that she would probably need before the day is out. She was gutted at this. I was slightly satisfied.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Women "tidying up"’ is closed to new replies.