Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Woburn or Chicksands?
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

I have a bike to test tomorrow which I can’t wait to do….pity about the weather but can’t do much about that. So rather than plodding through the mud in Herts I thought I’d go and play. Which is better, Woburn or Chicksands? I have been to the latter and enjoy the dual and 4X track. It’s a pity there isn’t more loops to do though. Is Woburn much the same thing or is there more to do?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I haven’t been to Woburn but Chicksands is a safe bet in the wet.

kayak23

I love Woburn at the moment, but, I’d ask what kind of bike you are testing…

Freeride/dh sort of bike then defo Woburn, if a 4x bike then Chicksands may be better.

If an xc bike, then……don’t know..

ampthill

Woburn is way better for xc simply as it is much bigger.

Woburn will be ace this weekend as the trails will be just slppy enough to be exciting. Its faster with a bit of rain than if its too dry and sandy

you might want to see if some one will show you round. As i had a temperature last night i’m counting myself out on that score…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Bandit 29….

Ampthill, would you have a gpx of the xc stuff at all. I am looking on the web for one

_tom_
    Free Member

Woburn is awesome, there’s a bit of everything there including singletrack, dh/fr and dirt jumps. Not all the dh runs have gap jumps and most can be rolled.

maxtorque

If you do Woburn at the moment, make sure you have some nice soft tyres, as in the wet the roots are slippy as **** 😉 After a few weeks of dry riding there, a ride around the woods on wednesday in the pouring rain (had the place to myself funnily enough!) quickly got rid of my complacency………..

(and if you see the rear wheel of a Zesty sticking out of a bush/hedge/gulley/firtree (*delete as appopriate) please pull me back out, as i’m currently trying to practise my “manual” technique, but my direction control during said events is somewhat poor 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Woburn.

ampthill

Sorry I don’t have a gpx

Err no thats not true. I have logged some on sports tracker.

The rides 18/12/11 and 12/9/10 both cover some good single track. Some if it is common to both. They are public and my Sport tracker user name is Ampthill. I think you can export the gpx from their.

Thye are not long rides just a quick black round with the dog

I hope this helps

I more certain the later one covers some of the good stuff. You’ll find loads more branching off my routes

jedi

woburn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Woburn or Chicksands?’ is closed to new replies.