Home Forums Bike Forum Woburn backwoods

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Woburn backwoods
  • jedi

Went today and 3/4 of it are destroyed by cropping . Was gutted but I understand why

oceanskipper

Nrubow?

sc-xc

Came here to see that comment ^

(Smiley laughing emoji)

ampthill

It’s the woburn catch 22

If it was a nice wood managed with a view to bio diversity then trail bridging might feel like a bit of a cheek

But as its a tree farm where the whole place is periodically ripped to shreds then trail building doesn’t really figure as damage

dc1988

It’s a shame but it always gets rebuilt and some trails could probably do with an enforced refresh.

chakaping

I was gonna pop to Woburn next month, is the back woods the good hand built trails near Bow Brick hill?

grahamt1980

Yep that’s the area.

Fyi chicksands woods are going to get the same treatment soon. Hopefully a bit less damaging as they are doing thinning but it is going to take a while until the trails come back once they start

hatter

Well…. that sucks, whilst those trails were always super duper cheeky there were some classics in there and many sessions were enjoyed on them.

ampthill

@chapaking the official trail is i think unaffected

dc1988

I went today, it’s only some of the middle trails that are affected. The ones nearest the church end are fine and the last couple the opposite end (towards the golf driving range) were fine after moving a couple of branches. It looks like more work will be done in the middle but it hasn’t looked too destructive so far so I think they’ll be back fairly quickly.

easily
    Free Member

“ Nrubow?”

I have been pondering this since you posted it. I have now got it.

My record for time taken to get a joke is over 30 years, but yours is not a bad effort. Thanks.

grahamt1980

Edit,  misread

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.