Home Forums Chat Forum Wireless earphones budget £100

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Wireless earphones budget £100
  • sadexpunk

yes these got 5 stars i think in what hifi.  earfun air.

CountZero

thanks all, should have said it’s to use with iOS. Mainly music and videos on her iPhone & ipad and occasionally calls.

However, one thing I don’t miss is the noise when the cable flaps…like a kind of interference wind noise.

Plus you actually get to listen in lossless.

I’m not sure what you mean by that, do you mean FLAC files? even a Sansa Clip player will do that.

I was basically forced into wireless due to mobile phones not having headphone jacks these days. Otherwise I would have just kept on using my trusty Sony MDR-EX650AP.

It may do, but there’s no wireless system commercially available that can play lossless, the bandwidth just will not allow it. I listen almost exclusively to Apple Lossless, using a wired connection to my iPhone 15 Pro Max – it has a USB-C port that many wired headphones, like the EarPods plug straight into, or you just buy a cheap Apple or Amazon USB-C > 3.5mm jack; the only battery you have to worry about is your phone battery.

I use a variety of different IEM’s, as well as EarPods, and a pair of Røde NTH-100 studio headphones, mostly with a Fiio KA5 DAC, but the IEM’s, like my UE TripleFi 10’s, or my MeeAudio Pinnacle P1’s have an adapter in the case as well.

The DAC I attach with a cut-down MagSafe case back, works really well, it’s very difficult to pull the DAC off accidentally.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Now that my ear infection is dissipating, the Sony WH-720n’s that I purchased from richer sounds really are the bomb.

i added some fancy cable to bring my basket up to the £100 threshold, and I think I got a £10 discount.

highly recommend :)

and very comfy for extended listens, even when wearing glasses.

Mugboo

I have tried various kinds but for convenience the cheaper Shokz are the best so far. No rubber bud bits to lose, they don’t annoy me if I leave then sat round my neck and they play nicely with my helmet/glasses.

I mainly listen to podcasts though and think there will be better choices for audio quality. Maybe the more expensive Shokz sort that out?

mattyfez

I think you can still play lossless assuming your device supports the file format.. It just won’t be lossless as Bluetooth for example isn’t good enough quality/enough bandwidth.

That said I’m perfectly happy with my Sony wc500? Bluetooth… The sound quality is absolutely fine… Great even once I’d figured out the best size rubber bits to use.

I actually prefer them to my old wired ones now due to the lack of ‘wind noise’ effect when the cable is flapping as someone mentioned above.

I can’t really notice a lack in sound quality.. Well maybe I could if I listened back to back to test, but it’s not something that bothers me in the slightest.

I wouldn’t describe myself as an audiophile but I do demand good sound quality if you know what I mean.

It’s probably why it drives me nuts when people play thier music on loudspeaker on a phone… Aside from being rude, it sounds utterly terrible.. Why would anyone want to do that?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.