Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • IdleJon

Croft at 7?

North isn’t playing well imo – looking for contact instead of space.

And I’d be tempted to play Euan Murray. Should have been MOM for Scotland on Saturday.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I was really struggling at Loose head tbh! I’m hoping that Lydiate can be mended, although hasn’t he broken a leg? I was also pretty stuck at No.8…..what has happened to them all? Perhaps Mongo will get the call 🙂 Sexton is the standout 10 for me, although I’m a big Flood fan.

anagallis_arvensis

Croft is broken and would be utterly destroyed by that aussie 7 from saturday much less Pocock.

loum
    Free Member

North isn’t playing well imo – looking for contact instead of space.

They only seem to use him to run inside lines into traffic.
    IMO, it’s the players around him and the gameplan that’s the problem. Even when he’s in space, they can’t seem to spot the pass to him. there was a classic example in the Samoa game where 1/2p had North outside him and just needed to draw a player and make a simple pass but kicked long to chase instead. Actually, can’t understand this love for 1/2p with him in every team. He does some deffensive bits of the FB’s job almost adequately, but offers no creativity in attack with running lines and misses overlap passes like a prop.
    Wales would be better off with Lee Byrne at the mo to create a bit of space to use their big runners. then you’d see North shining again.

anagallis_arvensis

Ioum, i agree but i picked 1/2p on the basis that he’s better than Zebo Hogg and Goode. Foden would be my fav but I presume he’s broken too. Hook might be an option for wales trying to do want Barnes does for Aus and be a second distributer out wide. That would require some sort of an attacking plan beyond giving it to North and Roberts and hope they run over someone. Makes a change from chuck it Shane and hope I suppose.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Can’t see Healey. Kelly Brown meh can’t see him either.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d like to see BOD go, but I’ve a sneaky feeling that he won’t be going 🙁

loum
    Free Member

That would require some sort of an attacking plan beyond giving it to North and Roberts and hope they run over someone.

If there was ever a team not to try that against, it’s Samoa. You just don’t run through Samoans. I heard one of them missed a tackle once, but don’t really believe it.
    Actually think Wales will be better suited against the Ozzies, and’ll win that one. I’d like to see Hook given another chance too, he tries to play. But I think a lot of the probs are stemming from Priestland’s form. They need someone to make some passes and he’s not either. Roberts, North, Cuthbert, and JDavies are all great runners, but with them in the side, the other positions need to supply some variety. Even Phillips is a little bit samey (as far as scrum halve go). Hook at 10, Byrne at 15 to get the rest of the unit working.

Although fair enough with your 1/2p shout in comparrison to those others, it’s clear you’d gone with players playing not out injured.

edit:
    Good news for God’s prop 🙂

Sat 1 Barbarians v British and Irish Lions, So Kon Po Stadium, Hong Kong

Wed 5 Force v British and Irish Lions, Perth Oval

Sat 8 Reds v British and Irish Lions, Lang Park, Brisbane

Tue 11 Combined NSW-Queensland Country v British and Irish Lions, Ausgrid Stadium, Newcastle

Sat 15 Waratahs v British and Irish Lions, Sydney Football Stadium

Tue 18 Brumbies v British and Irish Lions, Canberra Stadium

Sat 22 Australia v British and Irish Lions, Lang Park, Brisbane

Tue 25 Melbourne Rebels v British and Irish Lions, Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

Sat 29 Australia v British and Irish Lions, Docklands Stadium, Melbourne

July 2013

Sat 6 Australia v British and Irish Lions, Stadium Australia, Sydney

anagallis_arvensis

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

contact with eyes or the eye area of an opponent

, I believe.

Nasty.

Oh, and re those tour dates above, am currently planning some vital, strategic business meetings in HK and Aus for next year. Ahem. 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

That one was a bit naughty wasn’t it! Thinking back to that game, how good is Strauss! Take away his two tries and I’d still have him as man of the match.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y7f58-ULkpw[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

still shocked no Samoan has been cited.

duckman

A-A; Samoa should have finished with at best 14 men. That ruck hit was inexcusable.Only watched it once,but looked like an order had been put in for a couple of Welsh heads as an interesting pair of book ends.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

no Samoan has been cited.

😐

wrecker
    Free Member

Doesn’t bode we’ll for the lions front row at all when you consider what cole did to Healy. Croft is no 7, gotta be tipuric so far. Wouldn’t have faletau in the test team either, mid week at best. Be tempted to keep an eye on Denton for 8 although o Brian is a fine choice. Sexton instead of flood but gat may go for experience. Not sure that Roberts merits a spot on current form although I’m stuck to say who is playing well at 12 right now.
    Almost the same thing happened to me as the Frenchman on Saturday. Got stitches above my eye at the mo.

anagallis_arvensis

nly watched it once

have a look at the gif links I posted on the last page, the tackle on Hibbard was bad too. Maybe none deserved a straight red but as a whole someone should have gone.

anagallis_arvensis

I dont think Roberts is doing much wrong but like North its the players around him. For example Roberts has been mainly used taking the ball up direct from Phillips but they didnt run that move at all last week as they had no quick ball on the front foot. He also needs quick lineout ball off the top from the middle or back to be launched and they just chucked it to the front with slow caught ball all night.

Bear
    Free Member

Warburton has to think that they can beat them otherwise why turn up.

He knows it is unlikely, but there is still a chance so must believe. It is a must for a sportsman.

loum
    Free Member

Lions front row will be fine.
    OK, cole got found out this week but he’ll learn from that, he’s still relatively young for a prop. there’s more experienced props for that position who won’t get roasted in Adam and Murray.
    Healy did a good job last time when he beat the ozzies. And he’s a better player now too. Tight head’s in safe hands. If injured, Sheridan and Gethin will be good enough.
    Roberts will play better with better service. Sexton or Flood inside him and BOD outside and you’d see a different player.

edit : and one for tj on the day chunk’s retired from internationals

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=znImfTklt-U[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The one team Sheridan can really play against is Australia. No idea why, but he seems to terrify them.

IdleJon

duckman – Member
    That ruck hit was inexcusable.Only watched it once,

Interestingly Jonathan Davies et al seemed to think it was ok and in fact was Priestland’s fault for being in the wrong place! Shows that you can be a rugby legend and completely wrong..

anagallis_arvensis

Roberts will play better with better service. Sexton or Flood inside him and BOD outside and you’d see a different player.

Not if Gatlands coaching him because if you watch Roberts, he’s only passed the ball from 10 if somethings gone wrong and when he does get the ball he very rarely passes it. Roberts gets almost all his attacking play ball from 9.

anagallis_arvensis

Davis is a knob and Priestland was in the right place he was on the bench. At the very least he went of his feet. Bakkies Botha got banned for doing the same to Adam Jones.

IdleJon

Sorry – meant Biggar in the ruck, not Priestland!

Pigface
    Free Member

Jiffy seems to be getting a lot of stick recently, is it justified?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

AJ has not been at the top of his game for a few years now but what a great solid player he was.

anagallis_arvensis

Yes he’s a lazy rent a gob who just shouts “numbers” all the **** time. He was a bloody wonderful player mind.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He was a bloody wonderful player

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4AIRMzJ2o[/video]

In both rugby and the other game. Lovely, lovely player to watch.

transapp
    Free Member

Cole will be fine if the hooker isn’t having to support his other prop in the terrible Joe Marler… I’ve never seen a prop so isolated before. Yet he manages to take on (and take apart) any other prop in rugby with the same hooker inside him.
    Hopefully Corbisoro (sp) will be back soon to shore up the other side.

anagallis_arvensis

AJ has not been at the top of his game for a few years now but what a great solid player he was.

you talking about Adam Jones? If so what the bloody hell do you base this on?

Transapp you might be right about Cole, but I’m not sure the hooker he looked weak to. Did you see the Ospreys v Leicester game as Bevington had him under pressure and then Duncan Jones came on and gave him a pasting. Vunipola looked good though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FIXTHISEFFINGWANKINGGLITCHFFS!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah I thought that Marler was suspect…..he wasn’t even binding in a number of the scrums. What is Sheridan upto these days? Is he playing for his French club or is he injured?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What is Sheridan upto these days? Is he playing for his French club or is he injured?

At Toulon, enjoying his rugby. As mentioned earlier, Australia are one team that for some reason is scared of him. Everyone else has worked him out, they haven’t for some reason. For that alone, he’s on the boat for me!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Fix the effing glitch!

anagallis_arvensis

I thought Sheridan must be playing well as he was keeping Gethin out. Then I saw Gethin waddle onto the pitch!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gethin’s being rumoured to be moving back to CAP.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

SOB expected to return for Leinster this w/e at Glasgow

duckman

Bye Bye Chunk; almost the last of the proper props.

So predictions for this week? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So predictions for this week?

England v South Africa – Saffers by ten

France v Samoa – France at a canter

Ireland v Argentina – Argentina sneak a win

Italy v Australia – Australia by fifteen to twenty

Scotland v Tonga – Scotland by a lot

Wales v New Zealand – A glorious Welsh victory with a stunning last minute tirade of tries! And then I wake up and realise it’s going to be a shameful shoeing of cricket score proportions.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.