Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter MTB Commuter Tyres
  • pistolapedro
    Free Member

I need to buy some MTB tyres 26″ for my daily trip to work on the road, also occasional off road use. The wheels I have are DT Swiss E540’s. What width tyres will fit, and any recommendations please!

Thanks!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Are you after knobblies, or slick tyres for use on the road?

Schwalbe Marathons (or one of their variations) are normally the go to commute tyre.

Pretty much anything will fit your E540s. If you want speed then fit some thinner slicker tyres (1.5″ maybe). They won’t be much cop off road, but most ‘road’ ish tyres won’t be.

pistolapedro
    Free Member

I’m after a tyre that will roll easy but have a bit of grip in case I want to go on a dirt track on the occasional weekend.

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Small Block 8s?

60psi on the road, 30psi for singletrack…

colournoise

High Roller semi-slicks.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Maxxis Larsons? They roll well and grip better than you think they should.

stumpy01

Specialized Crossroads or Hemisphere. I recently put the Hemisphere on my other halfs bike & was impressed how fast rolling they were.
    Seem to grip well on gravel trails, but expect mud would soon clog them – no worse than SB8s though…

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

using maxxis crossmarks at the moment

dobo
    Free Member

if you want some durability then perhaps some landcruisers

acidchunks

+ for land cruisers. nice solid tread down the middle and plenty of knobbly bits on the sides. cheap o the bay, £23 for a pair.

took me two and a half ears to wear mine out…didn’t suffer a single puncture with them.

glad they do them in 700c because the borough XCs that came on my new work bike are dire!

howellj1
    Free Member

Specialized cross roads have been good for me, no flats, run quite smoothly in a straight line and you can pump them up nice and hard for commuting, I have used them on trails but they do clog in mud.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Winter MTB Commuter Tyres’ is closed to new replies.