Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Windows Phone 7
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

Windows Phone 7

So WP7 is out now I think, and getting fairly positive reviews for it’s interface. Anyone got one yet? Anyone going to get one?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m tempted.

allthegear
    Free Member

Guy I sit next to at work has one now. It seems pretty good. Nice big screen, reasonable UI, good quality feel.

Glad I have an iPhone, though.

Rachel

scaredypants

I suppose it’ll have to be bloody amazing to usurp iphone and android which are well-established (MS too slow off the mark &/or to react IMO)

CountZero

It’s about time they had a mobile OS that was anything other than crap. Doesn’t do copy’n’paste or Flash tho’… 😈

molgrips
    Free Member

If it integrates with windows very well, that’ll be a big seller for me.

CountZero

It integrates with Macs, so it should sync with Windows desktop…
    …you’d think.

allthegear
    Free Member

Rather bizarrely, it neither has Flash or Silverlight. Seeing as the browser doesn’t understand HTML5 tags like <video> either, it makes it rather hard to show any kind of media on…

Rachel

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Nope, no flash or c&p… yet

It does do Silverlight – the whole UI is based on it so I don’t think showing video should be an issue

vrapan
    Free Member

Played with one yesterday , very fiddly, hate the long list for the apps not sure about the size of the icons on the front screen as it limits you. Maybe windows mobile 8 will tempt me.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Doesn’t do copy’n’paste or Flash tho’…

would be a bit strange if those features had been disabled, since i have been able to copy and paste since my first min mob phone – 6 years ago. and my current Win Mob 6.5 supports flash in the browsers.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

M’Lord – it’s a complete redesign from the ground up, rather than building on previous versions.

Looks and works completely differently from previous versions

grievoustim
    Free Member

i’ve not seen one in the flesh yet – but saw some detailed screenshots of the UI

That whole list of applications thing looks a bit rubbish, although you would hope that they will tweak it in the future so you can organise the list into folders or sub menus or something

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Windows Phone 7’ is closed to new replies.