Home Forums Chat Forum Windermere water quality and stuff

• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by jkomo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Windermere water quality and stuff
  • jkomo

Going for a few days next week and wondering what the water is like for a dip around Bowness On W.

I’m not taking a bike so need something for a quick brain reset, literally in and out, trunks only. I see theres a place up the road ‘Miller Ground’ but really want to go straight from the hotel. Cheers

Also any other walks or things I should do- got an old dog and also a rucksac to put him in, so nothing massive- maybe a couple of hours.

jkomo

Brilliant, thanks.
    I thought I’d read it was bad- seems is excellent!

MrSparkle

It’s up to you, of course, but I wouldn’t. I’d go to a tarn well away from any sewage pipes.

Kramer
    Free Member

High Dam is both a lovely walk, and possibly a good place to wild swim.

jkomo

MrSparkle, that was my worry, might risk it but keep my head dry- just looking for a little kick to sort out my stupid brain.

Kramer thanks I’ll check it out.

martinb
    Free Member

I fell off my paddleboard at Bowness last week,  I’m still here,  very clear in parts bit murky in others.  Did some kayaking too.   Was a bit windy and choppy some days.

woody2000

Buckstones jump if you just wanted a pool for a dip, nice walk up too.  A little way from bowness though

gallowayboy

Swam on the west side at Rawlinson nab this summer, water quality (appeared) fine. Have swam at boness before, not so nice.

Loughrigg Tarn is one of my favourite spots, quiet, views of the langdale fells and wetherlam, lovely water.

Pieface

Millerground is fine, but you can also swim from the Jetty Museum which is nearer to you, it which has a little bay at the side of it with some little shelters to change behind. This is just outside BoW.

Don’t swallow the water and you’ll be ok.

Windermere Jetty Museum

jkomo

Cheers folks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.