• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wind hill mountain bike park?
  • joebristol

Anyone been / any good? Near Warminster apparently.

beaker

I’ve been and it’s ok. Depends on how ‘rad’ you are. It’s not BPW so don’t expect long descents or an uplift. It’s probably good for an afternoon at best. I’m 15 mins away and to be honest I’m not rushing to go back, and I thought £7 was a bit steep. YMMV etc.

joebristol

Thanks for the reply. So how would it compare to say Flyup 417 as that’s also £7 entry?

I’m trying to find some places near ish to Bristol as an alternative to Flyup / CC / Ashton Court / Leigh Woods etc. Especially for a couple of hours on a summers evening.

marksnook
    Free Member

North nibley is fun for an evening. Head for tyndale monument. Will take a bit of exploring to find stuff though. It’s free!

andyv
    Free Member

Windhill is worth a day’s visit if you go for a nice lunch in a nearby pub too.

There’s a fair few trails and downhill tracks on the Mendip hills between Burrington Combe and Cheddar Gorge which is close to Bristol, and free. Local shop Badass Bikes in Burrington may be able to help with more detailed directions.

http://www.badassbikes.co.uk/contact.php

joebristol

Cheers Andy – a mate has talked about the burrington combe ride. Not too far away but must admit as I’m limited on time to bike I like going to places where I don’t need to navigate. Call me lazy but bike centres really work well for me on that basis.

Not adverse to paying £7 if it’s worth it – if I go somewhere in wales it automatically costs £7 anyway for the bridge.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Morning Joe, I’d be up for a Burrington loop one eve once things have calmed down and i know Mark, Gareth and paul are all familiar with the area too so it shouldn’t be too hard for us to sort something out some time.

kongman28
    Free Member

Windhill is loads of fun. It’s a short 5 minute ish push up (or pedal if your fit) then a start ramp with choice of jumpy or techy trails. They’re shorter than most but it means you get loads of laps and get to learn lines etc. The actual build quality of the trails is amazing and I think £7 is a bargain for the effort they’ve put in. There are loads of videos online that show the runs well.

Gilles

I went there and i discovered I was too old for this – I was only able to ride the blue and red without crashing or bailing out. I went in the evening ,late evening on Wednesday, and they only charge me £5.

richardk
    Free Member

Joe – have you tried Tidworth Freeride?

joebristol

A guided tour of Burlington sounds good Anthony! STW Bristol ride there one Wednesday evening?

Not tried tidworth but think that’s further away than windhill?

Flyup is only about an hour or so away and for £7 get have loads of stuff to do – just trying to balance up whether wind hill is comparable or if smaller / bigger.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it for an afternoon. More suited to people who like to get airborne.

One thing you should bear in mind is that you have to register as a member with B1kepark before you go. It’s free, but if you haven’t registered your details and printed a thing, you won’t be able to ride. HTH

calmtblum
    Free Member

Wind hill is just as good as 417 if not better but only if you like jumps. The techy stuff is a bit meh but the jump lines are so fun. it isn’t as big as 417 but it’s the same kind of thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wind hill mountain bike park?’ is closed to new replies.