Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Will this pic make bike/bivving a bit more appealing?
  • postierich
    Free Member

100 km loop in the Lakes with a bivvy after 35km and several beers it rained for around 9 hours but woke to a view @ 9.30am of this, it was great even though I forgot my pocket rocket and ate cold porridge for brekkie 🙁
    Loughrigg Fell

DSCF3556[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Stealth fighter profile into the wind 🙂

DSCF3559[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Breakfast Company

DSCF3569[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Rode lots of this the next day

DSCF3578[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

solarpowered
    Free Member

Looks amazing! I’d love to do something like that. I imagine however that good/effective equipment to be rather expensive 🙁

sweepy
    Free Member

You would be surprised how cheap you can go with a bit of thought

Rik
    Free Member

What tarp have you got?

Drac

One day I will get it done I’ve been looking at equipment again.

scotroutes

Looks great up there! I can see that a tarp as large as that might be useful in that weather. I’m currently enjoying the Siltarp 1

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The only thing I am nervous about now is the emergency stop and swerve parts of the Mod1, I am sure after a day on the big bike it will be fine though

Tarp – £20 from decathlon
    Bivi bag £20 from army surplus
    Foam roll mat (bulky, not as insulation as self inflating matresses but cheep and light) – £2.99
    Sleeping bag – £££ but it’s summer, you won’t die in a tesco one, just take ronhills and an extra baselayer to sleep in

Everything else is just nice to have.

postierich
    Free Member

I used and Alpkit tarp £50 Bivi bag £30 Airo mat £20
    bog standard summer sleeping mag £30, pegs and bungees from other camping stuff .Frame bag was made £75 which you do not really need!
    Buy stuff from ebay which will do the job just as well for a third of the price

https://www.alpkit.com/bikepacking

postierich
    Free Member

Rig 7 tarp which I have been kindly loaned just bought a new one!
    Drac sort it out!

stumpy01

I thought your pic was going to be of Holly Willoughby and Kelly Brook clutching a double sleeping bag while doing the wiggly finger ‘come here’ thing…..

And as good as your pics are, they are never going to match the mental image I have just generated. So for that reason…….I’m Ooot!

Nice pics though and I like the way you have styled your tarp on a stealth version of an Imperial Star Destroyer….

rickmeister

If I turned my bike upside down all night the next day my brakes would be borked…

Looks like a great evening, liked the concept of dinner arriving under its own steam…

jekkyl

it rained for 9 hours? whilst you were riding or sleeping or both. I bet you dreamed of a hot shower. Kudos mate, after 2 hours of rain knowing I’d be out in it all night I’d have turned back.

singlespeedstu

Did you take your own sheep or were they already there?

Drac

Drac sort it out!

I have a few bits and will get around to getting the rest.

takisawa2

Yer a lucky man Rich.
    Somehow, I can’t imagine it would be as much fun in Beacon Park.

postierich
    Free Member

Was raining(torrential) for most of the evening hid in the pub till it closed then an hour of hike a bike in the dark was a bit of a lottery where I pitched as there were several streams running down the hill.5 mins to pitch was just shorts and merino top, waterproof boots so getting dry was not a big problem with the heat and wind just cursed a lot when I went to make a brew 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

You had a poo in a bush.

postierich
    Free Member

were you watching!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

I have a few bits and will get around to getting the rest.

What ya missing mate?

nick1962
    Free Member

postierich
    You’re not doing a good job of selling this to me 🙂

Drac

What ya missing mate?

Right let’s see what I have first.

Jetboil
    Sleeping Bag – an Ok summer one
    Bivi Sack – the liner type going around the sleeping bag

I’ve spotted a couple if things I’m going to go for so will at some point do it but really it’s a case of not bothering as there’s no hurry.

I_Ache
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    Yer a lucky man Rich.
    Somehow, I can’t imagine it would be as much fun in Beacon Park.

Beacon Park would be a great place to do it. None of those annoying hills to have to get up and your only 5 mins from greggs so breakfast is easy to get. Perfect.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Will this pic make bike/bivving a bit more appealing?’ is closed to new replies.