Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Will these wheels fit my 2013 Berlingo?
  • grum
    Free Member

I got a new-to-me Berlingo recently. I want alloys because I’m a tart and it didn’t come with them but I’m too cheap to buy new ones. Will these work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323499679182?ul_noapp=true

Offset on these is 15 while the original offset is 25 ( I thought it was 27 but just checked again). Seller reckons they will fit but I don’t quite understand what he means when he says:

—-

Your current wheels are most likely 6.5j wide hence offset of 27

These alloys are slightly wider, thats why offset is lower

In my opinion these alloys are fine for your Berlingo
    —-

As I understand it this offset different would make the wheels stick out further, but is that a good thing to accommodate for them being slightly wider?

Original wheel specs:

205/55R16
    6.5Jx16 ET25

Thanks!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Scratch that I read that they were 25 not 15 but the rest still stands..

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> they are awful tacky looking wheels and will be corroded in no time during winter. </span>

Stick on some  wheel trims or look out for some stock alloys wheels

Mines came with alloys but looks better on it’s winter steelies imo.

grum
    Free Member

Hehe typical STW getting some unasked for advice on aesthetics. 🙂

Plan was to get winter tyres on the steel wheels that are on there currently. There are wheel trims on there which look ok but they’re held on with cable ties and it looks a bit crap.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Little looks worse than ill fitting boy racer alloys though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-16-Peugeot-308-alloys-tyres-fit-partner-van-berlingo-van-4×108-et27-6j/323516571965?hash=item4b5317213d:g:0u8AAOSw7FJbfHMM

One of many much better less gaudy looking correct fitting alloys available on eBay. -generally they will last better than shiny aftermarket ones as well which generally start to corrode on the laquered shiny bits very quickly

grum
    Free Member

Ta. I saw those, they look fine but pretty scuffed. Mind you I would almost certainly get loads of scuffs on any shinier ones almost instantly.

There’s not that many correct fitting ones I could find on ebay. Good tip on the corroding though – I know nothing about wheels, as you can tell.

trail_rat
    Free Member

If you really want to fit them then they should fit

The mounting face is 10mm less far in towards the hub which brings the inner edge of the tire away from the inner arch should<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> keep your steering  lock to account for the extra half inch width (1/4 inch each side) </span>

So ideally you’d have et 18/19 rather than 15 but what’s 3mm between friends. It’ll give your Berlingo a bad ass roybacer stance..

falkirk-mark

I have a set of C5 vtr alloys with worn (still legal winter tyres) If I remember correctly they are in quite good nick with centre caps. Would be looking for £50 collected just to get rid. (central Scotland)

grum
    Free Member

Hehe thanks trail_rat – maybe. Might just get some of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF6EfXvNGl4

Mark – could well be interested in those. Do you have the specs/pics? Cheers (I’m in Glasgow lots).

maccruiskeen

If theres any difference in offset/wheel width have a feel around the backs of the current rear wheels on your car. Not sure about how much of an issue it is with later models but berlingos are designed around maximising the the load space and that squeezes the space in the rear wheel arches.

On my berlingo (which is the older shape) if you feel behind the rear wheels you can barely get your fingers between the back of the tyre and the arch liner with standard wheels/tyres on so theres little leeway to put different rim widths or tyre profiles in there unless you use a different offset / use spacers to move the centre line of the tyres outwards

falkirk-mark

I have pics if you pm me an email address I can send pics. They have falken eurowinter tyres with about 3 mm tread and alloys are in reasonably good nick, they would be on my car just now but the current C5 has 5 stud fitting the alloys have 4 stud. might be tomorrow when I send the pics though4

According to Oponeo its 4×108 pcd with 26 mm offset i need for the C5 car 6.5j with 65.1 central bore in steel wheels, have a look and see how that compares to yours

grum
    Free Member

Cheers maccruisekeen

Will PM you mark

olly2097
    Free Member

206 GTi 180 alloys look nice on a bingo.

tthew

Slightly off topic, and might not be an issue on a lightweight van, but don’t you also have to check non-stanard alloys have a high enough load rating same as tyres?

falkirk-mark

Emailed you Grum, had a look at specs for 2007 C5 and loaded weight is around 2050 kg also had a look at berlingos and weight is around same (dunno Grums exact spec)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Will these wheels fit my 2013 Berlingo?’ is closed to new replies.