Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Will a 2.5 Maxxis Minion fit on the rear of a 2011 FSR stumpjumper?
  • sambuka
    Free Member

Anyone with experience of this? Hard to say looking at the frame….

philwarren11
    Free Member

Not sure if its any help, but my 2.5 high roller 2 fits on my 2013 stumpy evo.

Think the HR2 is wider than the equivalent minion.

tomaso
    Free Member

Yes but its tight and that was with Mavic 521s. If you’ve got flows as these are wider they will open the tyre out more and make it wider. Oh and if you get any spokes or big dinks out on a ride it will rub on the stays big time (speaks from experience).

BadlyWiredDog

Or take a look at the new 2.3 Minion DHF maybe? Bigger than the old 2.35, not as big as the 2.5.

sssimon
    Free Member

wouldn’t think so 2.35 high roller is tight in mine

greeble
    Free Member

you have to ask yourself.. why….. no need

sambuka
    Free Member

thanks!

why? – Alps

tomaso
    Free Member

2.35 dual ply is more than up to the job of an Alps mission in SJ frame

greeble
    Free Member

2.35 is all you need for the alps

sambuka
    Free Member

I can’t find 2.35 exo anywhere – do they exist? It’s more XC than downhill, so trying to keep weights down…

sambuka
    Free Member

Bumpity

BadlyWiredDog

I can’t find 2.35 exo anywhere – do they exist? It’s more XC than downhill, so trying to keep weights down…

No. There’s a 2.3 Minion DHF EXO, which is bigger – new sizing – but you might be better off with a 2.25 Ardent EXO anyway. It’s a quicker rolling tyre, still grippy enough for the rear, and fairly accurately sized, bigger than the 2.35 Minion DHF in fact.

Tracey

We run 2.3 Specialized Purgatory Controls on the rear of our Enduros and Stumpjumper on our Alps trips. Great tyres and at £30 arnt a bad price

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Will a 2.5 Maxxis Minion fit on the rear of a 2011 FSR stumpjumper?’ is closed to new replies.