Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • WIGGLE and boy do they when they screw up
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’re only owed a c.1% discount as there’s still 247 good teeth on there

warpcow
    Free Member

Flounce of the Year award attempts are really going to the wire this year.

bodgy
    Free Member

I’ve had only bad experiences with wiggle. Won’t be using them again.

franksinatra

I’ve had only good experiences with wiggle. Will be using them again.

crankrider
    Free Member

The cassette managed to hit something that hard during transit, inside a cardboard box, that teeth have actually been broken off?! Are the broken teeth still inside the box, should be?

If I was Wiggle I would give the same guff out about inspection as it does sound like a lot of damage for the postman to have managed.
    Maybe the postman took a hammer to it or fitted it to his bike, used it for a bit and cracked a few teeth and want a new one or something…..

Only joking, Wiggle will sort it if you get it back to them.

just5minutes
    Free Member

I’ve experienced fantastic customer service off wiggle – even to the point where they gave me a refund on a saddle after I’d used it enough to find it excruciatingly painful and somewhat wide of the comfort claimed by the manufacturer.

Personally I’d just order a new one and send the previous one back for a refund – much quicker than waiting around for a return, inspection and replacement.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not clear from the OP (although it becomes clear later) if he got a 42t cassette with two snapped teeth or simply a 40t cassette. Use of language is important.

I’d have just said explicitly that it’s been damaged in transit. Simple situation, simple rememdy, job done. No drama required.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Crossed wires I think, they’re treating it like its been fitted and then snapped a few teeth. Simple email explaining the confusion would have sorted

+1

I had the same situation with some shoes I bought from CRC that were faulty out of the box (failed stitching). They were suggesting the shoes needed to go to the manufacturer for a warranty assessment, I pointed out that 1) the item hadn’t failed, it had been supplied defective and 2) I could have returned them ‘just because’ under CRC’s own policy. I got a refund.

andyl
    Free Member

If you are near Bristol and need something for the weekend (not like that!) I’ve got a brand new in full retail box all teeth present and correct Sunrace 11-42 11 speed cassette in black.

seventyfive
    Free Member

CTFO….

copa
    Free Member

Had a grim experience with Wiggle recently and a delivery that never got delivered – despite somebody, using my name, having signed for it.

Found their customer services to be rubbish.

bruneep

and still no image.

mcnultycop

Wiggle are usually ace at sorting these things out.

stevextc
    Free Member

The cassette managed to hit something that hard during transit, inside a cardboard box, that teeth have actually been broken off?! Are the broken teeth still inside the box, should be?

Exactly …. and they aren’t inside the box…

It’s not clear from the OP (although it becomes clear later) if he got a 42t cassette with two snapped teeth or simply a 40t cassette. Use of language is important.

It’s clear from the mail I sent which spelled out the product and the missing teeth… I don’t start off sarky…

I’d have just said explicitly that it’s been damaged in transit. Simple situation, simple remedy, job done. No drama required.

But that’s not true … it might be expedient but its not true as above… it beggars belief that they could be knocked off by the carboard or packet of Haribo’s AND if they had the teeth should be inside the box … which they weren’t which leaves the probability of all the atoms spontaneously changing position to some reality outside the box which is trillions to one….

I had the same situation with some shoes I bought from CRC that were faulty out of the box (failed stitching). They were suggesting the shoes needed to go to the manufacturer for a warranty assessment, I pointed out that 1) the item hadn’t failed, it had been supplied defective and 2) I could have returned them ‘just because’ under CRC’s own policy. I got a refund.

It’s not CRC’s policy per-se but the consumer protection …
    Perhaps this is a loophole being exploited by both … I’ve returned to CRC myself no problem because I changed my mind/found it cheaper elsewhere… really no biggy …

The issue is when you return a damaged item .. and they take away your right to return and get your money back.

They then set conditions that is must be a manufacturing fault or you pay post (not the biggest part) and they can then repair or whatever the NEW item they shipped damaged. If its a manufacturing fault they get paid back….

If its damaged in the post they claim insurance..

Had they been HONEST right from the off I would have paid for another to be shipped in the meantime….

Meanwhile because I was honest they have run me about …. going way past when I could realistically order and have it for the weekend….

I’m sure over 50% and probably over 80% of returns are actually “change of mind” which they are forced to comply with to do distance selling.

Of that they then pick on the minority who get a damaged product.

molgrips
    Free Member

it might be expedient but its not true as above… it beggars belief that they could be knocked off by the carboard or packet of Haribo’s AND if they had the teeth should be inside the box

So what – you aren’t there to make that kind of judgement. If it arrives damaged, then it’s damaged in transit, you send it back, job done. Still can’t quite see why you’re so aerated over this. Some people really do make their own drama.

thegreatape
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of my mother when she’s had too much to drink and then goes on and on for hours about an ambiguously worded Trivial Pursuit question that she got wrong.

scaredypants

bah, too slow

nixie

Sounds to me like its not the cassette or Wiggle that is the big problem here.

A useful link for the OP

canopy
    Free Member

I had a similar thing with Wiggle.. but nowhere near as much drama.

I ordered a new bottom bracket. (xt one)
    It turned up with one side entirely missing (shimano parts box was obviously open when i opened the wiggle delivery box)
    I did a webchat and talked nicely to the person.
    I was sent a replacement and sent back the old one on the day it turned up wrong. all sorted.

Think I even got more free haribo.

manvstarmac

In my case my mother-in-law, sober, during a game of the 5 Second Rule. Question was:

“Name three shapes”

“What kind of shapes?” she says wasting two seconds and then wastes the next three seconds saying “It could be ‘tree shapes'”

We’d been playing for a dozen questions already. It was probably the easiest question so far. A five year old could have got that one. Like TGA’s mother she then carried on complaining about ‘ambiguous questions’ for the rest of the evening.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Avid sports fan Uncle Dennis once tried to claim he’d never heard of Steffi Graf after failing to identify the living, German, female, tennis multiple champion that he’d got for whatever that game is called when a famous person’s name gets stuck on your forehead.

andyl
    Free Member

In the mean time before lunchtime today DPD tried to deliver the chain ring bolts wiggle sent out after 6pm last night even though I said it was okay and I would just order another set as spares with my next order. Sadly I will have to wait until DPD can redeliver on monday for my spare chainring bolts…

andyrm
    Free Member

Of greatest concern is the fact men are starting to think they need to “vent”.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I blame Wiggle 😉

The things arrived in a box with a chain (in its own box) and the haribos

It’s not all bad. They provided Haribo 😀 , and not the Wiggle branded yucky gel (useless to me as I never use gels).

wilburt
    Free Member

@OP To satisfy mine probably others curiosity any chance you could answer the question posted by cp and repeated by simonbarnes- “why didnt you use the very clear and simple returns process for faulty items”?

It doesn’t have to be a long answer btw 🙂

tomhoward

Do we get a pic of the cassette showing the missing teeth or the space they should occupy? Just to check that, y’know, they aren’t meant to be missing…

That wouldn’t be funny. At. All.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s up there

tomhoward

Ah, not showing on my phone. Hey ho

Goldigger
    Free Member

If you’d had played ball with wiggle, shimano might have realised that the 11-42 cassette is to heavy.
    As the person packing it obviously dropped it, then rolled along the floor down some metal stairs killing a member of staff and In the process snapping off two teeth. 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I like wiggle, I ordered an Alfine chainsets for about £65. They sent me an xtr chainset instead 😀

Brilliant.

stevextc
    Free Member

So what – you aren’t there to make that kind of judgement. If it arrives damaged, then it’s damaged in transit, you send it back, job done. Still can’t quite see why you’re so aerated over this. Some people really do make their own drama.

Because they want me to wait up to 30 days + post to from Wiggle and because its a lie… and potentially fraud. I cannot reasonably believe that it has been damaged in transit … or the teeth would be in the box.

deadkenny
    Free Member

As said, distance selling regs. You received item, they are received damaged, you return item within 14 days and they must refund or replace.

You could have just returned it regardless saying you don’t want it and they have to refund you, so long as it’s within 14 days.

It sounds to me they’ve assumed it’s been broken in use. Quote distance selling regs to them and state this is simply a delivery/packaging issue.

Meanwhile order replacements from elsewhere and just ride bikes. Not worth getting worked up about.

stevextc
    Free Member

@OP To satisfy mine probably others curiosity any chance you could answer the question posted by cp and repeated by simonbarnes- “why didnt you use the very clear and simple returns process for faulty items“?

It doesn’t have to be a long answer btw

Really short answer: I’d expected something similar to what Canopy posted… the Haribo’s somewhat incidental,

Short answer … 30 days…. plus and then having to pay postage and being held to ransom on a repair fee if it not deemed a manufacturing fault by a biased party.

All of this is in their email, that forms a new contract that I accept.

In accepting this modification to the contract I have opted out of the relevant consumer protection.

Slightly longer answer ….
    What Wiggle are trying is to get me to accept a contract or modification of the present one for £60.

The £60 is significant … this modification would not stand up to contract law. They would have a very very poor chance of winning at small claims court but they know that it is not worth anyone’s time/money and effort to go through the small claims process for £60.

If this was £600+ then I doubt they would try it on.

Imagine you buy a bike and it arrives in a sealed box with only 1 wheel….
    They say that they will see if this is a manufacturing fault and it will take a month and refuse to acknowledge the bike was shipped with only one wheel…

and if they determine that there is no manufacturing fault then you pay for shipment and a new wheel.

They wouldn’t try this on would they?…. because enough people would get legal advice for a £600 or £6000 bike…. and they would end up paying costs and damages.

However it makes sense to them apparently for a £60 ….
    It doesn’t mean they WILL … they might have received the item and shipped a replacement BUT they have got me to opt out.

Canopy
    I had a similar thing with Wiggle.. but nowhere near as much drama.

I ordered a new bottom bracket. (xt one)
    It turned up with one side entirely missing (shimano parts box was obviously open when i opened the wiggle delivery box)
    I did a webchat and talked nicely to the person.
    I was sent a replacement and sent back the old one on the day it turned up wrong. all sorted.

Think I even got more free haribo.

Yep .. this is very similar right up to the webchat…. I had a nice guy called Matt…

Where this differs is after you filled out the form they didn’t say they were going to investigate if this was a manufacturing fault and you wouldn’t get a replacement for a month …. (and given the open box you know its NOT a a manufacturing fault but that they screwed up and posted it like that)

Open box … part missing … (in my case broken) but in your case they didn’t then say that unless it was deemed a manufacturing fault.

stevextc
    Free Member

As said, distance selling regs. You received item, they are received damaged, you return item within 14 days and they must refund or replace.

You could have just returned it regardless saying you don’t want it and they have to refund you, so long as it’s within 14 days.

It sounds to me they’ve assumed it’s been broken in use. Quote distance selling regs to them and state this is simply a delivery/packaging issue.

Meanwhile order replacements from elsewhere and just ride bikes. Not worth getting worked up about.

That exactly what I did … thanks. I didn’t even state distance selling regs in the return I put “not as described” (as its described with 42 teeth that is at least correct)

I got a replacement from Evans in the next town … (though that was touch and go for the weekend)

It sounds to me they’ve assumed it’s been broken in use.

Well they have the pictures …. and they also have my statement saying it arrived broken. I’d say it’s more accurate to say they decided to act like it was broken in use and then they can make a warranty claim.

mattbee

I’m laying some slabs later & im a bit short of sand. Can I have some from your vagina?
    They have to give a timeframe, UP TO 30 days. Stops nut jobs like you demanding things be sorted this very moment in case there are any delays at their end. What if it was something they were out of stock of? Or it got to them and turned out to be something that did need inspecting by rue supplier?
    There’s not some bloke crafting bespoke emails in his pop up returns booth just for you, it’s a standard response dictated by the subject of your email/web chat with them. It’s just that everybody else manages to get their little lace panties on without twisting the elastic.
    You really do need to chill out a little bit…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Wiggle are not trying to con you into a new contract, or force you to wait 30 days, or any other of the myriad of conspiracies you seem to believe you are subject to. That looks like a bog-standard returns email that simply gets sent out by default regardless of the situation that initiated it.

If you get this worked up over a minor quibble like this, how the hell do you deal with, you know, actual problems!?

deadkenny
    Free Member

stevextc – Member 
    All of this is in their email, that forms a new contract that I accept.
    In accepting this modification to the contract I have opted out of the relevant consumer protection.

Nope.

Nothing they can say trumps your statutory consumer rights and you can’t be made to sign them away or opt out and certainly not by just being sent an email. There is no new contract here.

ps. phone them

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=wiggle+phone+number

mikey3
    Free Member

Receive damaged item,print out returns slip,order another cassette same time,write on returns slip ‘item damaged,ordered another can I please have a refund’,send away.Job done,havent read your million words but I guess theres a reason you didn’t just do that?.Anyway hope you sort it out op,annoying having your bike off the road but you don’t half go on;)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Good job the delivery guy did’nt try to scan your eyes with a laser (I miss Kaesae 🙁 ..he was good mental).

stevextc
    Free Member

Wiggle are not trying to con you into a new contract, or force you to wait 30 days, or any other of the myriad of conspiracies you seem to believe you are subject to. That looks like a bog-standard returns email that simply gets sent out by default regardless of the situation that initiated it.

If you get this worked up over a minor quibble like this, how the hell do you deal with, you know, actual problems!?

I have a statutory right to return the item bought over distance selling for any reason within 14 days so long as it’s not one of the 3 exclusions of underwear, piercing and whatever the 3rd is. They must then refund my payment method within a set time. They must offer this to operate as a distance seller.

But you then get referred to a separate What if my item is faulty that takes you to a different form for a faulty item.and in my case I was specifically instructed to fill out a faulty item not a return.

When you sign up to the faulty item process you are signing away your statutory rights by accepting different terms … it is no longer being treated as a return under the legislation as you ‘ opted’ to accept new terms. They no longer need to refund your payment in a set time and they can then also charge you a fee to repair an item they shipped broken.

The Con is getting you to opt out of the returns process.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘WIGGLE and boy do they when they screw up’ is closed to new replies.