Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Why is my RP23 leaking air ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Serviced myRP23 a few weeks ago, standard clean up internally, and some new fluid in the sleeve. all working fine before hand. All looked OK on inspection. Pumped up fine but not rode it for a few weeks.

Took bike out last night and the shock had no air in it, pumped it up and it lost the lost in about ½ hour.
    It not packing down or owt, just leaking.
    Gonna play with it tonight, make sure valve is tight, sleeve is tight, inspect seals, any thing else to look at?

Worth taking it off and pumping it up and dunking in bowl of water?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Just needs a seal change, kit from Mojo 20 min easy job.

scruff
    Free Member

Seals were fine before I touched it though, could I have spannered the seals putting the sleeve back on?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Worth taking it off and pumping it up and dunking in bowl of water?

Well it’s the only way to know for sure where the air is leaking from so I’d say yes.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Silly question but is the dust cap on?

I left mine off during one lap of the Bristol bike fest and it went flat in half a lap – pumped it up again, put the dust cap on and it’s not leaked any air in 9 months…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Seals were fine before I touched it though, could I have spannered the seals putting the sleeve back on?

Unlikely unless you stabbed at the seals with a screwdriver, seals wear out it’s probably just a coincidence

scruff
    Free Member

The high volume air can bit was spinning on the rest of the can, so it simply wasnt tight enough. PITA tightening it using the narrow section near the wiper seal but it now seems Ok.

snakebite
    Free Member

Gonna play with it tonight, make sure valve is tight, sleeve is tight, inspect seals, any thing else to look at?

lose some weight you phatphucker.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Check the air valve. On mine the inner core had loosened off and was leaking. Tightened it back up and it was fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Why is my RP23 leaking air ?’ is closed to new replies.