Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Why I'm thinking single speed fully rigid bikes are good
  • fenred
    Free Member

Shredding the knarly is how William the Conqueror used to describe trotting over a piece of smooth track on his long travel horse.

POTD 😀

psling
    Free Member

Check out some Kris Holm footage on u-toob for some serious rigid singlespeed riding (OK, unicycle actually). Seriously gnarlradcore…

Sorry, no idea how to link/embed/share/whatever 8)

takisawa2

I run such a beast as my only bike. 🙂

Sent from my Speak and Spell.

igm

if you’re a fat lad who likes pies and beer and isn’t very fit then they’re not a good thing

Wrong. The only bike I can out climb people on is my rigid SS 29er. Of course it may be because they struggle to pedal when they’re giggling at me that much.

Dancake – Dingle speed perhaps? 36×14 and 32×18 or the like? Play with the ratios and you might get something good. And no I haven’t done anything quite that silly.

muckytee
    Free Member

Does anyone run a SS as their only bike.>? I would probably go 32-16 (or even 18 to begin with)

After ripping a mech off recently, I was going to give it a go but its the 5 miles of road before I get to the woods that puts me off… (I dont often have the luxury of the car)

I do, I don’t have a car either. Riding on road with gears allows you to drop a few gears and get it over and done with, on a SS it’s not any harder to ride on road, you just can’t go a any quicker than your gearing allows so it takes a while to get to the fun bit.

Try riding your current bike without changing gear.

I run a 36/19 or a 26er btw.

-Gnarly isn’t that what Jamie Oliver uses to describe food in 15 minute meals?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Why I'm thinking single speed fully rigid bikes are good’ is closed to new replies.