Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • why don't frame manufacturers….
  • alpin
    Free Member

…. produce frames where you can remove all the cables with out having to undo mechs.

currently half-way through (it's late now, i've got nothing left to smoke and it seemed like a good idea when i started) cleaning my Alpine. removed the fork, wheels, brakes. but i can't fully remove the mechs and the associated cables without disconnecting them.

why don't frames come with the brake hose mounts for each cable mount instead of rings?

the worst is the (older) 456 that dosen't even have 'normal' brake hose mounts, but three rings on the top tube. it's a bit stupid having to disconnect the brake hoses in order to mount the brakes onto the frame.

… but why don't they follow the brake hose system for all cable mounts?

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Lapierre's do!! 🙂
    Sorry, thats probably not much help.

sweepy
    Free Member

see thats what happens when you run out of smoke- you start cleaning your bike.
    I nearly washed up today

MrNutt
    Free Member

steady on, don't you have staff for that?

robhughes
    Free Member

grow my friend…grow. 😉

alpin
    Free Member

no no no! i hadn't run out. i ran out whilst removing the cranks. both wheels were off and stripped naked, forks cleaned, brakes sparkly then just roach. oh well, our 'friend' is is coming tomorrow with a car-full.

i'll finish the bike tomorrow evening….

alpin
    Free Member

i do MrNutt, but i don't trust them to do the job properly…..

sweepy
    Free Member

Im waiting on the postie myself- god bless the internet 🙂

5lab

nearly every bike i've had has cable mounts with a slit through the top for this exact purpose

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘why don't frame manufacturers….’ is closed to new replies.