Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Why do people responsible for evil acts look so evil?
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

Bought to the fore by the photos of the mother and stepfather of poor Daniel, why is it so many nasty people actually look bloody nasty?

Is it because everyone looks evil in a mugshot?

Is it because evil looking people turn to a life of evil?

Is it because doing evil makes one look evil?

Is it because, often, those responsible for the most disgusting behavior come from the poorest social backgrounds, where people don’t look as pleasant due to diet/lifestyle choices/etc?

And lets’ me clear, I’m not talking about whether someone is ‘attractive’ or not, that’s purely subjective, I’m talking about those people you wouldn’t let babysit your kids based on looks alone.

benji
    Free Member

If that was truely the case being a policeman would be a doddle.

Charlie Chaplin big silent movie star, Adolf Hitler disturber of the peace, both looked similar.

z1ppy

Not saying they don’t but maybe when the photographers take 1300 digi snaps of ppl, especially when getting in their way with a camera pushed into their face & others maybe heckling them, maybe one or two have a facial expression we’d all prefer not published.

allthepies
    Free Member

Because the meeja select the pics which are closest to portraying the subject with whatever label/angle they’re trying to push.

nedrapier

If you were the pictures editor choosing photos for a story about people who’d done something evil, you wouldn’t pick the one of them looking lovely, smiling and cuddling a kitten, would you?

Edit: pies beat me to it.

binners

Its not just evil. Stupidity always looks the same too. Every single scrote that appears in the Manchester Evening News, for whatever scrotish behavior they’ve been collared for, looks indistinguishable from the next one. a whole sub-species of vacant, moronic clones

footflaps

Because the meeja select the pics which are closest to portraying the subject with whatever label/angle they’re trying to push.

+1

a whole sub-species of vacant, moronic clones

Same goes for most Tories 😉

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Look at most passport photos, let along the mugshots taken at the local cop shop. Combined that with the brain knowing they are crims and almost anyone would look dodgy.

chakaping
    Free Member

You mean this one?

Can’t see it myself. If I didn’t know I’d say they looked pretty normal.

(Which is more scary really)

shermer75
    Free Member

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Maybe it’s because I’m Bipolar, so (as with with most Bipolar people) I’ve spent a life ignoring the obvious and looking deep into people eyes to see the real person?

If that was truely the case being a policeman would be a doddle.

Funny you say that, what with Bipolar people having certain skills that regular people generally don’t (e.g. more sensitive hearing, better sense of smell, more observant, etc) I’ve often wondered whether various employers could benefit from recruiting people with certain mental illnesses.

Here’s some more beauties:Crime Watch Most Wanted

jekkyl

I see what you mean. This is one nasty fecker from the 70s/80s, he used to hang about with a right bunch of weirdos and he used to sleep in the same bed with 2 other males, all wearing pyjamas and another blond guy used to come in and ‘read them a story’

scuzz
    Free Member

Maybe it’s because I’m Bipolar

Why aren’t you out preventing crimes?!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im an ugly bastard and I am evil, so yes, it makes the detectives easier to find me when I kill again.

bigyinn
    Free Member

TuckerUK – Member

Maybe it’s because I’m Bipolar
    That I love London Town? :mrgreen:

Northwind

allthepies – Member

Aye. Everyone’s seen this picture a million times:

But not so much this one

or this one

Trimix
    Free Member

Image is everything, but context can add so much.

So basically you can manipulate it all.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Confirmation bias and media coverage which plays into it.

Old chap off down the pub

businessman enjoying hi meeting

Mum relaxing on the sofa

Northwind

Oh, and further to my last… When I found that picture of Hyndley graduating, the story was all about how evil and manipulative she is for trying to educate herself and appear normal. So even with the nice pic they had to put a twist on it.

samuri
    Free Member

Hindley in nice mode is the absolute double of one of my wife’s friends. I think I’ll avoid telling her this though.

Northwind

Wait til you’re drunk.

justatheory
    Free Member

He looks quite a nice chap in this picutre

Northwind

It’s weird that, bin laden photos are usually pretty normal looking. I suppose he had more control over what photos were available, quite media savvy…

But then, a paranoid person might suggest that some folks would be quite happy for an islamic terrorist to look like a normal everyday person, so you can be afraid of all the other normal everyday middle eastern dudes.

irc

I’d go for the fact that people aren’t at their best when mugshots are taken – drunk, drugged, stressed, disheveled, hungover, etc and the lighting isn’t chosen for it’s flattering properties. They aren’t smiling for the camera.

Kevevs
    Free Member

picturz. thgiz threAD NEEDZ MORE PICTURE.S.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Oh, and further to my last… When I found that picture of Hyndley graduating, the story was all about how evil and manipulative she is for trying to educate herself and appear normal. So even with the nice pic they had to put a twist on it.

Is there such a thing as a nice picture of Hindley ?

CountZero

why is it so many nasty people actually look bloody nasty?

You’d nod and say hello to this bloke if you passed him on the way to work, if you saw him in the supermarket, or filling station. He might even be a neighbour, someone you might go for a beer or two with.
    Good, upstanding citizen…

Theodore Robert “Ted” Bundy (born Theodore Robert Cowell; November 24, 1946 – January 24, 1989) was an American serial killer, rapist, kidnapper, and necrophile who assaulted and murdered numerous young women and girls during the 1970s and possibly earlier. After more than a decade of denials, he confessed shortly before his execution to 30 homicides committed in seven states between 1974 and 1978; the true total remains unknown, and could be much higher.
    Bundy was regarded as handsome and charismatic by his young female victims, traits he exploited in winning their trust. He typically approached them in public places, feigning an injury or disability, or impersonating an authority figure, before overpowering and assaulting them at a more secluded location. He sometimes revisited his secondary crime scenes for hours at a time, grooming and performing sexual acts with the decomposing corpses until putrefaction and destruction by wild animals made further interaction impossible. He decapitated at least 12 victims and kept some of the severed heads in his apartment for a period of time as mementos. On a few occasions, he simply broke into dwellings at night and bludgeoned victims as they slept.

chewkw
    Free Member

There is no way to know unfortunately but then we it is made worst by the fact that we sometime do not trust our gut instincts … because it’s not scientific. 🙄

edhornby

It’s a form of projection as well, you know what they’ve done so you associate the crime with the visual image due to the subconscious joining

Northwind

cheekyboy – Member

Is there such a thing as a nice picture of Hindley ?

Well, I posted 2 up the page, so apparently yes.

benji
    Free Member

Maybe it’s because I’m Bipolar, so (as with with most Bipolar people) I’ve spent a life ignoring the obvious and looking deep into people eyes to see the real person?

Sounds more like you should be an optician.

Sorry but I don’t really buy into the look into peoples eyes to see the real person inside.

finbar
    Free Member

Evil don’t look like anything

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5drkKBz3k[/video]

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Why do people responsible for evil acts look so evil?’ is closed to new replies.