Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Why aren't you getting married? Comedy replies?
  • sam_underhill

At the weekend I know I’ll be in a social situation with loads of old friends’ parents who will doubtless ask us yet again why aren’t you getting married. In fact they’ll probably be so rude to ask why we aren’t planning on children as well!

Anyway, we are very happy together and have been for the last 12 years and looking forward to spending our lives together but I’d love some comedy replies. Especially if it raises an old “stuck in the mud”s eyebrows.

So, what’ya got?

allthepies
    Free Member

Marrying a transvestite isn’t legal yet ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Takes more effort and commitment to remain un-married, no legal ties and no contract written, meaning marriages are the easy way out- they’re all lazy.

emma82
    Free Member

‘I’m not a sheep: mooooo mooooo’

mintimperial

marriages are the easy way out- they’re all lazy

HA.

Stu_N

“cos she’ll probably stop doing xxxx”

monogramman
    Free Member

I heard on TV once, a young couple kept being told “you’re next” by older family members when attending weddings.

They started saying the same to the older family members, when attending funerals.

derekrides
    Free Member

Cos I’ve already done it twice?

coffeeking
    Free Member

“I am, you weren’t invited because you’re a knob who asks too many questions”

yossarian
    Free Member

I can’t marry her until my divorce to the twins cones through.

woody2000

“Because I’ve seen how f*cking miserable you’ve all become since you got married”

Or

“I’m not getting married because I want to continue having sex”

🙂

DickBarton

Living in Sin hasn’t become ‘normal’ and we enjoy sex too much for marriage to ruin it!

sam_underhill

Good work! Keep ’em coming.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

She isn’t pregnant?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

The one I alwasy use which stops people dead is “well I don’t plan on being with Mr MC in 10 years time”, the first time I got silence then a hesitant “Does mr MC know this?” ….. I didn’t answer told them it was none of their business. Use it a lot now and it’s great. Why does society fell the need when you hit 30’s to say “when you getting married?” then “when you having children?” or “why aren’t you having unprotected sex?” is the version I prefer!

Most people I know who get married get divorced …. so why waste your time and a WHOLE HEAP of money!!!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

What Woody said, (and I noticed about my friends and family). 😀

woody2000 – Member

“Because I’ve seen how f*cking miserable you’ve all become since you got married”

Or

“I’m not getting married because I want to continue having sex”

alpin
    Free Member

a few of the GF’s relatives at her sisters wedding asked the pair of us why we weren’t getting married (we’ve been together for – gulp- nigh on ten years, her sister and her man for two). the GF pointed at me and said “what… to him?”. we laughed.

… i punched her later, mind. cheeky bitch.

emma82
    Free Member

Lol MC I always used to say ‘what’s the point, id only have to divorce him in a few years’. T’was by far my favourite response 😀 always got funny looks

porter_jamie

oh, i thought you had died

toab
    Free Member

How about “cos with relatives / friends like you the gifts would be hideous”?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Because we are both gay, this is a sham relationship to make social situations easier.

Or

Because we figure we can each make more money by have sham immigration marriages for money.

Or

To make conversion, otherwise what would you have to talk to us about?

coffeeking
    Free Member

TJ has it so far

TooTall
    Free Member

Why does society fell the need when you hit 30’s to say “when you getting married?

Possibly because this is still thought to be the norm by society, particularly those of an older generation? I don’t see why anyone would get so aersy about something like that once they appreciated the view of the world from another standpoint. Everyone has a different idea of ‘normal.

project
    Free Member

wse are married , we just didnt tell anyone.

Isnt marrige what old people used to do,

My boyfreind wouldnt let me marry a woman,

highclimber
    Free Member

Because I would lose my benefits.

mudshark
    Free Member

Because that would mean I’d have to stop seeing other women.

ourmaninthenorth

We prefer expensive holidays to spending a fortune feeding and entertaining you lot

andrewh
    Free Member

To quote someone famous who’s name escapes me.
    “I’m not going to get married. I’m just going to find a woman I don’t like and give her my house”
    I think it may have been Woody Allen.

anagallis_arvensis

a casual I already am has raised a few eyebrows before now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just tell them it’s a BLACK CARD situation. Make an actual black card to wave at them if it helps.

crikey
    Free Member

‘Im not sure she’s the one for me yet, and I don’t want to rush into anything.’

3 grown up children and 20 odd years in.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We’re still waiting to find the right person.

oh, i thought you had died

Proper lol! 😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

mmm it’s awkward.

court order

don’t want to encourage her

she wants me to give up the mistress

because it is a foul outdated contract that allows a man to take ownership of a woman degrading her to a farm animal. is that what you believe in. is it? well is it?

tonyg2003

I was going to buy her a ring and then thought F%^^ it I could get a good full sus bike for that money ( this STW after all)

NorthernStar
    Free Member

“Because I don’t love her”

bruneep

because I’m her pimp.

arrpee
    Free Member

“Because she keeps running away when the drugs wear off”.

stumpy01

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    a casual I already am has raised a few eyebrows before now.

Similar to this, I was going to suggest one of you saying:

“He’s/She’s already married. It would make things complicated if we got hitched too”

MartynS

my wife would object….

Nonsense
    Free Member

Because she moans when i keep digging up the patio so I have somewhere to keep the hitchhikers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Why aren't you getting married? Comedy replies?’ is closed to new replies.