Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Why are men so rubbish?
  • McHamish
    Free Member

Just noticed you don’t want to appear to keen…just show him
    one boob.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Akimbo is one of the finest words in the english language.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Some guys find that the expectation of initiating every relationship and shouldering the responsibility of being laughed out of the place quite disquieting.

Just a thought…

lexiekay
    Free Member

F*ck it. I’m going out on my bike tomorrow, that’ll sort my head out 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lick his ear. And if that don’t get the desired result, then bite his face.

mboy
    Free Member

Really? I was always under the impression that you shouldn’t appear too keen!

It’s about getting the balance right. If you dote on every word he says, and come across like you have no identity of your own, then he’s very likely to be put off. If you come across as confident, intelligent, interesting and witty in your own right, then if he fancies you he’ll be paying you enough attention even if he’s not great with words.

Most of us men are crap at taking a compliment, be glad he said something back. I’ve been known to feel a bit on the spot when girls have complimented me before (it has happened, maybe only once or twice ever, but it has happened!) and came up with the response of… Wait for it… This is a good one… “Thanks” 😕

When things are right, these things normally just flow and you don’t really have to ask one another anything. You sure he’s definitely interested in that way? He may well be, but may just be the world’s most shy person. I’m terrible at knowing when to compliment a girl myself, as I may well be sat across the table from her, fancying the pants off her, hoping that something is going to happen sooner or later, but don’t know what to say to her myself without sounding either too full on or creepy, or just not interested in the slightest…

Find a low pressure situation to maybe slip a question in perhaps, one where he’s not concentrating solely on you but on doing something else as well (not bike riding if he rides bikes already)…

PJM1974
    Free Member

If he doesn’t ride a bike then he ain’t worth it…

petrieboy

Turn up naked, bring beer. HTH

McHamish
    Free Member

Maybe he’s gay.

I’ve been rejected by women in the past who must have been lesbians.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Just ASK HIM OUT. What is the worst that can happen?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I went on a first date with my now missus and we both missed our respective trains home. We wound up in a hotel room and she dispensed with all her clothes on the pretext that she wanted them fresh for the morning, I was so concerned about being a gent that I gave her a t-shirt…until she leapt on me and banished all doubt from my mind.

If she reads this (and she’s an STWer) I’m dead.

Sometimes subtlety ain’t the best policy.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just jump on his bones.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Top tip: most men only have one bone you’ll want to be jumping on.

wynne
    Free Member

I still have one of the first text messages I got from my (now) wife, saying how she wanted to keep it platonic. Ha haha haha ha.

Think of all the things that don’t happen because you don’t try.

loddrik
    Free Member

Why are women so **** crap and annoying…

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’ve probably been dropping hints in the wrong forum….like this post.

backhander
    Free Member

Men like it when they’re told in plain (or dirty) language. It’s a massive turn on (for me).
    Tell him very directly what you want, you’ll be surprised with the result.

Digger90
    Free Member

lexie, I’ll give you a hint. He’s not into you.

samuri
    Free Member

This thread is *exactly* what a man’s experience with a woman is like. I bet the OP thinks she’s made her point, plain and simple, it’s obvious what she is after and yet nobody, not even the women who have posted since, has the faintest clue what she is after. Because she’s not actually said it. And even my post now, she’ll be thinking ‘what an idiot. He must be the thickest person on the planet to not understand what I’m after, I’ve thought it a thousand times, what more does he want?’

SAY THE FREAKING THING

scaredypants

it’s bumsex isn’t it ?

kaesae
    Free Member

Why are men so rubbish ❓
    Interesting questions, I didn’t bother reading what you wrote after the heading, sorry about that 😀

However I will try and answer your question.

You need to turn us on first 💡

Or we simply don’t function properly 😉

Mark_K

Try saying it with your mouth full ! 😮

metal_leg
    Free Member

Has she asked yet?

genghispod
    Free Member

I wish all the women who fancy me would come out and say so. Don’t know who they are otherwise.

Saying that Lexie, ‘You’re nice to be with’ isn’t specific. I have a friend who’s female and 19 and went to school with my son. We go out to the pub, and have long walks, and hug each other and say ‘I love you’ but we’re only friends. She has a long term boyfriend as well, by the way.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Seriously though. How many hints do you have to drop before they stop pretending they don’t know what you’re talking about!

We always know exactly what you’re talking about from the outset.
    We just don’t let you know that.

Moses

Seriously though. How many hints do you have to drop before they stop pretending they don’t know what you’re talking about!

ooh, is this an emotional intelligence test?
    men don’t usually have it, so hints will not work. If you want something, you have to ask for it.
    You may have to be very specific, too.

z1ppy

Any feedback on this? 😀
    … I’m assuming nothing good has come of it then???

Rickos
    Free Member

Maybe she’s still cavorting around in the buff with said chap and just hasn’t had the time to update all of us that live our lives vicariously through STW.

*imagines vicariously*

davesmate
    Free Member

Try changing your Facebook relationship status

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL.. love the fact it took a good few posts before I had a clue what you were on about!

Two approaches that worked on me recently…

“I can take my eyes off you when you’re working out in the gym… you’re so fit”

&

“I really want to **** you”

HTH

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This thread has made me laugh. The sad side to all this is knowing what happens when women don’t tell their men what they want and years go by before they eventually get fed up and leave. A friend of man recently got married and my top tip for his wife was to never leave it to chance that he might pick up on your hints. If he doesn’t pick up after one or two attempts, TELL HIM TELL HIM TELL HIM.

DezB
    Free Member

tortoise may be still, but he speaks wisely.

Solo
    Free Member

HHmmmm.

So. Why are men so rubbish then ?.

😉

Del

if you CBA to ask for the things you want don’t be surprised if those around you only provide them in their own time at their discretion.
    good luck 😉

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I suspect the hint was made while he was asleep. Or drunk. Or watching Top Gear. Remember, clarity, eye contact, and simple words.

This x 100

binners

I suspect the hint was made while he was asleep. Or drunk. Or watching Top Gear. Remember, clarity, eye contact, and simple words.

And don’t wear a short skirt, or have any cleavage on display when said simple words are delivered. We can only concentrate on one (or possibly in this case, Two) things at a time. He won’t hear you

Have you considered a Burka? Might be recommended for all serious conversations. Blimey! I think I’ve just accidentally stumbled on the singular motivation of Muslim women. The crafty sods

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Fair enough. Should I take it from the lack of response to one hint that he’s not really interested then?

I think its best if you post a picture of you in ya pants, that way your get LOADS of attention from this forum more than he’s going to give you… 😀

stevemtb
    Free Member

Can we get a double update?

Did PJM’s missus read this thread and kill him, does anyone know if he’s ok? Very brave to post a story like that even if your missus doesn’t use the forum but to do it when she does…… super brave indeed!

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Why are men so rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.