Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whos tried Decathlon SPD shoes?
  • rossi46
    Free Member

I need some new shoes and I have a tight budget – I’ve seen these in Decathlon and they look pretty good.
    Anyone tried or own them? What are they like?

Or if they fit, should I go for the Shimanos?

Just to say, my old shoes are Specialized Comps and they have been perfect for the 14 years (yes really) of abuse that I’ve put them through but I sadly can’t afford some new ones.

Thanks in advance for your help!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have those Shimano ones and the soles started to crack in no time. I am still using them, but I wouldn’t buy them again!

mogrim

I’ve got those Shimanos – bought in Decathlon – and I haven’t had any problems with them, certainly the soles haven’t cracked. Perhaps you got some duff ones, monkeychild? I’d happily get them again.

Though Decathlon bike gear is usually pretty good vfm, if money’s tight I’d certainly consider getting those shoes.

Wally

I have ridden the top decathlon ones for the last 5years. Still going strong. Many many miles ?

tomd
    Free Member

Wiggle / DHB do a couple of great VFM SPD shoes. I ordered a set, but the width wasn’t quite right but they looked brilliant. Worth checking out, free returns of no good anyway.

garage-dweller

Decathlon ones no good for the wide or flat footed sadly. 🙁

rossi46
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I might just go for the decathlons. I can try them on in store- am I right in thinking the Shimanos are a bit of a tight fit? They were a decade ago when I last tried a pair on 😆

mogrim

I had to go up a size or two with the Shimanos, not an issue obviously if you can try them on first.

mikehampson
    Free Member

I’ve got tge decathlon one’s, no complaints after 2 years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whos tried Decathlon SPD shoes?’ is closed to new replies.