Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Who's out riding New Years Day then?
  • carlos
    Free Member

One of my riding buddies hasn’t been out over the Christmas period because of work and family commitments, so threw me a curve ball about going out New Years Day. Not going silly on the beer as been there done that, but will have a few. 😉

Meeting at 09:15 for a local loop, fingers crossed it’s not leathering it down.

So where you off to or is it a duvet day with a banging head?

cakefacesmallblock

I hope to.
    Not a big fan of NYE partying, although I have enjoyed a couple of good nights at the pub last few days, so should have a clear head ! Not sure if the weather will mean a muddy forest cheeky trail session, or a more tame hack bike ride.
    Most of my riding buddies have done bugger all this break, one was snowboarding in Canada, so fair reason, apart from two of them riding once last week, everyone else has been proper bloody lethargic. Quite happy riding alone, but, come on guys MTFU and get out there. The old guy does.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I will be, overnighted some bolts from france so that I could go to dalby tomorrow and teach these full sussers a thing or two with my cross bike, cant wait to be shaken to pieces! So stoked.

rickt
    Free Member

Not tomorrow but did a 4pm power hour on the mtb in the dark/mud/rain/cold tonight..

Was awesome but hard work cleaning all the gear after 60 mins riding!!!

scandalous
    Free Member

me! probably single speed road to help shift some of this seasons excess!

wiggles
    Free Member

Not going out tonight so might head for a quick local blast nice and early. My bike is too broken to go anywhere that needs functioning gears and brakes.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Injured so no riding for me for over a week!

Physio starts 2nd Jan..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Hell yes, need as much riding time before surgery so the recovery period will be faster.

Heavy rain and 40mph winds could make it interesting though. 😯

crossland
    Free Member

Me, hopefully a couple of hours on the roadbike

dantsw13

No, ridden the last 3 days, and its become a swamp down here. Ive been invited to a Post-Hogmanay Whisky party in the afternoon – much more appealing!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Caving

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Was the plan, but may need a canoe rather than a bike round here….

sumomatt
    Free Member

Barring severe storms me and the missus will be enjoying a quick blast round the 8 at Gisburn.

benji
    Free Member

Racing, it’s the Ripley Castle Cyclocross Race, looks like being a cracker, can’t wait. It’s nice it doesn’t count for a series so it’s a bit less pressured.

transporter13
    Free Member

Yup. Gonna try and get my kids out to their first trail centre. Thinking maybe Cannock or chicksands.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Planning it, yes.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Gisburn yes

nosaintangel
    Free Member

road bike iff the weather’s not to bad lol .mountain bike iff it is to bad.

rlt
    Free Member

It’s going to be cold wet and muddy. I’m in. Might as well start the year as I mean to go on!

parkesie
    Free Member

Local hangover loop

andytherocketeer

plan to.
    need to set alarm else i won’t wake up till 2, and it gets dark by 4.
    plan to rid up to frankenstein’s castle

colournoise

Hoping to get out for an hour or so like I have done for the last couple of New Year’s Days. Just an easy local loop on mixed surfaces.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I will be doing this..

http://www.ripleycastlecx.org.uk/

paver456
    Free Member

yep a few hrs for me and her indoors

Mackem

Aye, just my local trail, 20km or so.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I’ll be riding aimlessly around Baildon thinking ‘why the hell have I signed up for not drinking for January’!!

mcnultycop

Garmin is on charge and I’ve just lubed the chain some more. I’ll see how I feel.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Absobloominlutely. Saw the sun set on 2013 and have every intention of seeing it rise on 2014 from the saddle. Canae wait. Happy new year one and all 🙂

sam3000

Yes… Hoping to set off at 7am in the dark for 2.5 hours and 27 miles of Holmfirth (and surrounding area’s) finest.

rOcKeTdOg

Riding at 0830 off to bed now 🙂

BoardinBob

Yes, a 20 miler planned. Quiet night tonight. Made an awesome curry, had a couple of beers, currently watching The Dark Knight Rises with a pint of water. Off to bed soon. Changed days…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

mebbe

brant
    Free Member

Not me

cinnamon_girl

Very heavy rain due so, as a softie Southerner, the answer is not bloody likely. 😉

onandon
    Free Member

I very fast 20 miles on road today – absolutely spanked it.
    30 miles tomorrow on road with my wife so probably average 16 mph ( hangover limiting ) check out some sights and enjoy the scenery.

Scapegoat

Forecast looks crap, so if I can find a low-level route I might, otherwise it’ll be an hour on the turbo (again 🙁 )

gavmac
    Free Member

Heading to Golspie in the morning. 15 minutes up the road, living the dream!Need to stop drinking soon though…

dawson

Off out to lunch at my brother’s. Hopefully get a ride in on Thursday instead.

Haze

Looking out the window cursing the weather again. Then opting for an hour on the turbo or starting drinking again…

teethgrinder

Chopwell. Yay!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Who's out riding New Years Day then?’ is closed to new replies.